South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 11:24 AM   #16  
Goddess In Her Mind

S/C/G: 215/215/150

My thoughts and hopes are with your sister and your whole family. I hope everything turns out well and this only brings you closer. Good luck.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:25 AM   #17  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ellis, I will definitely be praying for your sister. How awesome, though, that she was in touch enough with her body to find such lumps! Praying hard here!
Old 05-05-2004, 02:02 PM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

Wow... you girls are wonderful! Thank you so much! I sent her an email, and cut and pasted all of your comments. She just emailed me back, and she was so very surprised and grateful for all the support.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:56 PM   #19  

I'm keeping you & your family in my thoughts & prayers.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:52 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ellis, special prayers will be said for your sister and your family. Hope all goes well.
Old 05-06-2004, 06:16 AM   #21  

I will remember her in my prayers. I will hope for the best.

My mother is battling terninal cancer and for the moment she is well. Cancer is a frightening decease.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:04 AM   #22  

Thank you again, so much.
I'm taking her to her appointment this morning... am leaving in a few minutes.
I took her out shopping last night to try and distract her. She was in a terrible state, and was thoroughly miserable for the first hour or so until I managed to (sort of) convince her that she is going to be all right. I know this a frightening situation, but our mother raised us to worry to the point of making ourselves violently ill. I'd do anything to take away her fears.

Chilichick, your dear Mom. I will keep you both (and your family) in my prayers.

I'll be back later...
Old 05-06-2004, 07:14 AM   #23  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Ellis I will be thinking of the two of you all day. God bless and keep up those positive thoughts. I am praying all will be fine. I am sure it will be. Take care and hold your sisters hand tight today. Your a great sister. Take care
Old 05-06-2004, 09:28 AM   #24  
I can do this!

Isn't it hard when things happen to our loved ones that we can't control? Ellis, I will also be thinking of you and your sister and praying hard for her.

Chilichick, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom, but thrilled to hear that she is currently doing well! I hope that you have many more special times with your Mom feeling well. I will be praying for you both!
Old 05-06-2004, 09:59 AM   #25  

Thank you, Little Chick and Laurie.

I just got back, and all is well!! The lumps are just swollen lymph nodes.
I didn't really start to panic until my sister was in the doctor's office. Still feeling a little shakey. heh heh.
Thank you, God and thank you to all of my dear friends here. I'm so touched by your nurturing spirits. Bless you.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:14 AM   #26  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ellis, I am so happy for you and Sarah! You know, this sounds very familiar. Black flies are here and I went through the same thing two summers ago with lumps. Sorry I didn't remember it sooner - it might have eased your mind a bit.
(((Ellis and Sarah))).
Old 05-06-2004, 12:20 PM   #27  

So glad to hear all is well!!! I'll bet you all are jumping for joy. My grandson who has a blood disorder and is very vulnerable to infection sometimes shows up with those lumps. Very scary, until he's diagnosed.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:22 PM   #28  
A Lily from my yard!

Ellis PTL all is well! What a blessing! God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

Chilichick I will add you and your Mom and your family to my prayer list. I hope you 2 have a very special Mother's Day this year!
Old 05-06-2004, 04:52 PM   #29  
I can do this!

Ellis, so very, very glad to hear this! Did the doctor know what the infection was caused by? Again, I think Sarah is marvelous for being in touch enough with her body to notice those lumps! Good for her, and bless you for being such a great sister to her!

Happy day!
Old 05-06-2004, 06:25 PM   #30  

Thank you again!

Ruth, I'll keep the black-fly thing in mind. Would they cause lumps anywhere, or would you have to have been bitten "on location"? (ie: in the groin. ugh)

Jo, how frightening for you and your family re: your grandson. Poor love. I'll add him to my prayer list.

Yes, Bamie, God is good! Always... regardless of what we consider "troubles".

Laurie, my sister is the apple of my eye.
I think the doctor said something about it possibly being from an old infection... the toxins can build up in lymph nodes? Is that right?
And yes, I agree with you re: being in touch with her body ... I'm not good at checking my body for lumps... we should all be more diligent.
Sarah is prone to fatty lumps (I forget the name of them), and has had one removed from her forehead and a large one from her arm. The one on her arm was the size of a large marble.
Closed Thread