3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Anyone get the tired sluggish feeling later on in phase 1? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/40060-anyone-get-tired-sluggish-feeling-later-phase-1-a.html)

pikapuffie 04-30-2004 06:54 PM

Anyone get the tired sluggish feeling later on in phase 1?

i have heard alot about ppl saying they feel sluggish, tired etc.. on the first few days on SBD. myself i felt normal through out. but today i was so tired and felt so weird and sluggish. but its now my 2nd week of phase 1, i thought this would have came earlier? is this odd? or am i just tired and this has nothing to do with SBD? i went to bed a bit later last night and my lack of sleep sometimes catches up with me on fridays. but i was exceptionally tired today. another factor was that it was really warm and muggy in my office today which might add to the tiredness. what do you all think?

chick_on_the_beach 04-30-2004 08:06 PM

Mine disappeared after a few days. Check that you are having enough vegies because low vegie intakes make me feel sluggish. You could be eating too few calories. I would try taking a multi-vitamin and see if that makes a difference.

pikapuffie 04-30-2004 10:49 PM

i have a ton of veggies. for morning only a V8, but for lunch i have a salad and for dinners i always eat a salad along with some other veggie with protein. also eating lots of legumes. i'm feeling fine now so i think maybe it was the heat combined with a long week and not enough sleep. and i think i'm eating enough, i never deprive myself, just stick to whats on the list. thanks for sharing your experience though. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chick_on_the_beach
Mine disappeared after a few days. Check that you are having enough vegies because low vegie intakes make me feel sluggish. You could be eating too few calories. I would try taking a multi-vitamin and see if that makes a difference.

Kathrynn 05-01-2004 12:01 AM

I was wiped days 2 through 4 but here I am, day 5 and feeling much more awake! I also had a headache days 2 and 3 but that's gone now. However, my stomach is feeling kind of upset. Has been since day 2. Must be all that healthy food I'm eating...my body's just not used to it!

Chickpea 05-01-2004 01:13 AM

I just don't get enough sleep. I need at least 8 hours. I have had little caffeine, so that may be a factor. My blood pressure dropped a lot (a good thing for me), so I don't know if that makes one feel tired or weak.

azlelin 05-01-2004 12:08 PM

If I don't drink enough water, I have this problem as well. I have never enjoyed drinking water and really have a problem drinking as much as I should. I make myself drink it, but some days when I'm real busy I find it difficult to do. Next day -- I'm slugging, and almost wiped out. I'm learning....

JKJ618 05-01-2004 05:42 PM

I haven't experienced this but I know a few people that have. Has anything new (besides SBD) happening in your life? Stress... at work? at home? Maybe you're not getting enough sleep.

wendyjo 05-03-2004 10:11 AM

I think it's normal, DH & I felt the same way at first.

sb4life 05-03-2004 02:10 PM

Ketosis can cause extreme fatigue. Maybe you can up your veggies that have good carbs.

I have tired days too...sometimes I just don't know why. I wish that I had limitless energy like my husband. Nah! Sometimes he is just plain annoying.