South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 06:34 PM   #1  
Dancing Fool

Default "Sugar Free" Fudgsicles

Just had to buy some of these today at the store. I have found that I am getting hungry more and more between meals. Now that the weather is so much better here in Colorado, on and off, I am finding that I am getting a lot hungrier between meals. The more time I spend out of doors working in the flower gardens and the vegetable garden the more hungry I get.
I have been on the diet since December 1 and have not experienced these cravings before. I have been filling in my hunger with nuts, but I realize that they are too high calorie for more than one snack, hence the fudgsicles. I also found so many flavors of sugar free pudding, all of which I bought.
Haven't been much of a snacker before, but I seem to have hit the wall this past week.
H E L P
Old 04-29-2004, 07:52 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

MaryHelen, it's possible you're not drinking enough water. You may not think you're dehydrated, but often when we're thirsty we mistake the feeling for one of hunger.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:11 AM   #3  

If you work as hard in your garden as I do then you might just need to increase your calorie intake a bit. All that hard work can burn alot of calories. Keep an eye on your weight and if you're still losing then don't worry too much about it. But maybe try a snack that's not sweet instead, like a slice of cheese and some fresh spinach rolled up into a log, or a peice of celery stuffed with peanut butter. Or even a ricotta cream.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:22 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes indeed! Remember to include some good carbs in your day - I have a snack of 3 bean salad when I'm working hard physically. Those bars and puddings may have stuff in them that will increase your cravings. In people who are insulin resistant, artificial sweeteners act like real sugar.
Old 04-30-2004, 02:43 PM   #5  

Ruth, do buy or make your 3 bean salad?
Old 04-30-2004, 02:52 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I make it - always! I use kidney or black beans, yellow and green snap beans, all rinsed and drained if canned. I add chopped onion, celery, green or red pepper,oregano, garlic powder and Italian dressing. It keeps well too.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:42 PM   #7  
Dancing Fool

Default Thanks all

Thanks for the input. Yesterday seemed to have been a better day. It rained and even snowed so I didn't work out weeding as much and I didn't experience the cravings as much.
I am an avid water drinker, so I don't think that I am dehydrated. I just think I need to up my protein as you all suggested.
Let you know what happens.
This board is great!
Closed Thread