problems going to threads

• I am having problems going to certain posts. I get an error message that says runtime and shuts down my Internet Explorer. This is the only site that happens on and it just started middle of last week. Is it just me or what?
  • Hmmmmmm.....We changed to a new server over the weekend. Is it still happening today?
  • My Internet Explorere just shut down, and I'm having trouble posting in the thread. Let's see if it happens again............Jo

Nope, worked alright this time.
  • Yes, it is still happening today.
  • I'll refer this to Suzanne who is dealing with a lot of techie stuff right now. We may have to shut down the Forum and go back to the old server.
    I'll send her this thread now because it will be lost if we have to go back to the old server!
  • We are considering moving things back to the old server, everything is still intact there. However, we would lose any posts made last night and today. We're considering this due to problems on the server, regarding "server load" which makes the server less efficient, sometimes grinding to a near halt.

What you are describing, though, is related to a webpage and how a browser renders it, and it's not server side. Something in the code on the page itself is causing that message for the particular version of browser you are using. If it started in the middle of last week, then it could be a new banner ad, perhaps, or something else. I'm not experiencing it, but my version if IE may be different.

I'd like to investigate this, but I'll need to know what version of IE you are using. Look at the top of your browser and click Help... About Internet Explorer. You'll see a Version number which will be rather long. Please let me know what version it says, and I'll look into it.

Thanks
  • Suzanne, mine says 5.2.1(4717). Internet Explorer for Mac. Seems to be behaving right now though.
  • Thanks for the info and the update! Everything has been fine for me for the last hour. Actually, it's faster than ever now. I hope everyone is seeing the same thing
  • It's blazing fast for me right now!
  • I have 2 popup blockers running, and when one of them is going, it will shut down my IE too. I just stop running that oen program and it seems to fix the problem.
  • Test post
  • The only problem I am having is that it is slow slow slow opening up for me.
  • There were some problems with server load spikes that were causing the forum to be slow (when it was spiking) but that problem has been fixed. Everything should go smoothly from here on out, but please let me know if anything is wrong
  • I tried to post back today and it kept shutting me down. Are there compatibility issues with IE? Or is there a new version that I should download?
  • Is it working ok for you now?