weekend on the beach april 24-25

• i can't believe i am the first one up this morning. happy weekend everyone!!
    not much going on in my neck of the woods, errands to do. it is suppose to be a nice day so i will hopfully go outdide and fuss in the yard a little this afternoon. first i have to finish this coffee and get out to sam's club before the saturday crowd gets there. hope everyone has a great day on the beach!!
  • Good morning.....wandering onto The Beach in her robe with a mug of coffee. It's absolutely gorgeous out there! I sat on the deck with The Girls for my first coffee and watched the sunrise. I had a blankie around me - not just my robe!

I confronted the metal monster this morning to see where I'm at after a few weeks of not sticking to program - 202 this morning which is not as bad as it could have been or was during my sabbatical! (There was a 208 reading after Chinese food which I chose to ignore!)

Yesterday was a blur of activity around here! Sarah came at 9 and brought her kid with her! That did not work out so home she went to stay with Granny who was "unwell" - hung over, I think! Sarah did come back and cut down hydrangeas for the rest of the morning. She will be fine and is coming back on Monday for the whole day. Tricia is 4 and will be at school that day.

Kevin installed the doors in the back room. They need to be stained to match the older wood but that can wait. He fixed the barn roof BUT discovered that the darn barn has shifted since last week! The big winds we had on Monday has skewed it slightly so the doors that were perfect last week are not able to close properly! Oy! He will wait until the frost is out of the ground completely and then pull it back and brace it inside. He is going to "pull back" a two storey barn? For that I'll take pictures. Geez! It's been there since Dad built it in 1929! Maybe the metal door we removed was keeping it plumb!

I worked in a bit of gardening in the afternoon - cleared off the asparagus and rhubarb. I need to burn the asparagus patch earth before the shoots come up as we had an infestation of asparagus beetles last year and they overwinter in debris. Maybe we should start a garden thread?

Today I participate in dog and owner evaluation of candidates for the TheraPaws programme www.tpoc.ca . It should be interesting as two pit bulls have registered! We cannot do breed discrimination but these guys make me nervous. After all, they were bred for a certain purpose and it was not to be cuddled by little old ladies! Last evaluation there was a Rottie who was a pussycat at home according to the owner but snapped at the evaluator when she went to pet him. Immediate failure and no registration refund! So far there are no Rotties or Doberdogs in the programme.

Dinner will be a green salad and the first BBQ of the season - flank steak that has been marinating for a week in the freezer. Very much on programme!

Have a lovely weekend, Beauties.
  • Good Morning Chickies!
    I got up early and went for my workout, then stopped by Mom & Dad's for coffee. On the way home I stopped at a couple of yard sales and got some great buys on books and some toys for the little ones. Glad I stopped!
    After reaching a plateau for almost 2 weeks, I finally lost 2lbs.! Very happy about that, but I was hoping to see a bigger loss. Oh well- - - If I want to meet my challenge for April, I've got to lose another 2 lbs. this week! Hope I can do it!

Ruth, you keep talking about a garden thread, let's do it! We have enough Beach Beauties here who garden - I think it's a great idea.

Has anyone else had trouble with a "Special K" ad dancing across the screen making it difficult to read the posts?
  • Morning Jodi and Ruth. Not much going on here either. Ran some errands yesterday so I can do as I please today.

"Fussing in the yard" sounds good, Jodi. I've still got lots of perennials to thin, but the beds are cleaned up. Still can't decide about the veggies. I do have a friend who's an organic farmer living right around the corner up the hill who would give me all I need. Some days that sounds like an attractive option, but I do love to grow my own.

Glad to hear that Sarah is working out, Ruth. I know how you feel when helpers bring their kids. It never works. Our whole house skewed and split the first winter after we started working on it. (We weren't living in it yet.) They pulled it together and used steel plates to hold it. Seems odd to spy the steel nestled up against those huge hand- hewn beams. It worked, but it was panic time for sure.
    Gee, I've got a flank steak in the refrigerator........that's a good idea. I'm sure your busyness has kept your weight fairly stable through all this. Glad to hear it.

Have a great weekend, everybody.........................Jo
  • hi all
    happy weekend to all --
    it has been raining in west tennessee for 4 days -- this afternoon it looks as though the sun is trying to make an appearance -- we've had flash flood warnings out for several days -- hopefully the water will start to subside soon --

lots to do today -- errands, grocery store, cleaning apartment, blah, blah, blah.
    just thought i would stop in for a moment and say hi and wish everyone happy days --