South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 06:33 PM   #1  

Default Help Me!

hey everyone, Im new to the site, but I like what I see so far. Ive been on the south beach diet for 3 weeks now and am ashamed to say that I've only lost 5 pounds. im following the phase 1 rules and am frustrated. I work out 4 times per week and just dont know what to do. I was wondering if anyone has any advice? I am happy with the diet b/c my crazy cravings are no more...Help!
Old 04-21-2004, 06:47 PM   #2  

Hi Jersey. Welcome to the beach! First off, 5lbs is not to be sneezed at. Maybe you don't have too much to lose.....I think really heavy people are the ones who lose "8 to 13 lbs." I did, but I've got loads to lose. Read some of the threads and you'll find stories that will help. Perhaps your working out is adding muscle; also, a lot of people swear by measuring rather than weighing. Have you lost inches? Maybe you need to go to Phase 2 to kickstart further weight loss. Hope this helps.

Jo
Old 04-21-2004, 07:37 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the Beach, Jersey!
I agree with everything that Jo said.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:16 PM   #4  

Welcome, Jersey Girl --

I also agree with Jo -- the more you have to lose, the more you will lose in the first couple weeks of phase I -- be proud of your weight loss -- 5 lbs is great.
Closed Thread