Disappointed in me

• Well, I didn't make my mini-challenge! I actually gained 2 pounds! I know TOM is coming for a visit......is that why I kicked the dog???? oh, wait I don't have a dog.....but if I did it might have been hurt. Ya, I've been cranky.

Having the scales go up makes me cranky REALLY BAD!

Staying OP except for the splurge of nuts yesterday! It was that or the wallpaper because I had to have something.

Anyway, another week will see better results.
  • Don't get discouraged! Oh and don't get a dog either, lol
  • Hey RNMOM...your gain is probably from TOM....Maybe you need to set smaller more achievable goals or maybe weekly lifestyle changes like increasing exercise, drinking more water, trying a new recipe once a week...etc....

Small changes can lead to big results in the long run

Don't get discouraged...it will happen! You can do it!!!!
  • Hey RNMOM,
    You've been doing so well lately, such a great losing streak, maybe your body is "readjusting." Don't do what I did when my weight loss stalled and go off program Its too easy for me to believe it isn't working when I'm not losing even though I know in my head it isn't true.

Keep up the great work.
    MM
  • RNMOM, try not to be too discouraged. My weight has been bouncing around like crazy the past week or so, even tho I've been keeping strictly OP! I'm putting ALL THE BLAME on menopause, you can blame TOM. I'm trying to up my water intake and getting more exercise in hopes that will do the trick. GOOD LUCK and DON'T GIVE UP!
  • hang in there RNMOM. TOM stinks!!! i should know he is here with me too (a little too often lately). the pounds will come off just keep trying!!! don't worry about the extra nuts you had but i have concerns for the possibility of a dog and the wallpaper actually the wallpaper could be a good source of fiber??? anyway hang in there!
  • It's good to vent..
    Ya, you are all reasonable...............(someone around me needs to....heaven only knows my family is all nuts!)

Rest assured, I didn't really kick the dog or eat wallpaper.

I know this is all temporary.........this is my first week of weight gain since I started. My "official" weigh in day is Saturday even though I weigh everyday. From week to week, the losses have been consistent, that is until now. I'm OK with it, I haven't fallen off the deep end. Tomorrow at work we are having a barbeque in the ambulance bay (between patients) I had to make a dessert to share so I made huckleberry cheesecake (to die for) and I won't have any. I made some sugar-free fat-free pudding for my treat. I also am grilling orange roughy with a bunch of veggies. Let them eat hot dogs or burgers!

I have increases the water intake, 1 more big drink to go before bedtime. I tried to go for my powerwalk after I got home, but after 12 hours on my feet today, I made it about a block and turned around and came home. I just couldn't get into it.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I hope I do enough of that on this forum! You guys are great !
  • Oh, moonmirror
    Since my little gain we are the same right now. I'm at 153.5. I didn't change my signature, I need to.

Anyway................lets race these couple of pounds off. I've been watching you.