Introducing Myself

• Hello, everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm planning to start SBD tomorrow, and will probably be a lurker (who asks a lot of questions) on this board until I get the hang of the diet.

Here's a little bit about me. I'm 25, currently weigh about 180-185 range. I joined Weight Watchers in January 2002 and successfully lost 40 lbs of the 60 that I wanted to. After WW started getting old and wasn't so "new" and "fun" to me, I started gaining some weight back. During the last 2 1/2 years, I've gained back 25 of the 40 lbs I took off. I'm the kind of person who totally throws themself into something new--at least, until it gets old. So, since trying something new and switching things up has been proven to work, I'm going to try SBD for awhile. If/when it gets old, I'll go back to WW, if that gets old, maybe I'll try something new.

I'm nervous about starting SBD--there don't seem to be many guidelines and I'm scared to death that I'm going to screw it up, but from poking around some of the threads/posts, you seem like a very knowledgeable and helpful group, so I know I'm among friends who will happily help me out.

I'm looking forward to "meeting" everyone and to succeeding on this diet with the rest of you.

Jess
  • Hey Jess welcome to the beach! I'm sure you'll like it here.
  • Welcome to the Beach, Jess! Don't be nervous... this is such a simple way of life.
  • Hi Jess. You're gonna like it here, and SBD works! Jo
  • welcome to the beach Jess!!! no need to worry you'll get the hang of the plan in no time it is very easy to follow once you get started!!
  • Welcome Jess! There are a lot of people here who can always answer your questions. I never stuck to a diet before starting the SBD, so I think you will do great.
  • Jess: Hey!! I am starting on the same path as you too!! Even getting the BF involved (though he did tell me he might still indulge in subs and not tell me, but he doesn't have the sugar craving problems that I do). I will still count points though, this will be a huge overhaul on my eating though.

Take care!

Ali