New to the beach. . .

• Hello,
    My name is Shannon. I am a stay at home mom of three. I have been married for almost 14 years. I am 32. I was diagnosed with Still's Disease (a form of RA) in 1999. I have not been able to do to much because of my illness. The medication that I am on has not helped my weight problem at all. I started out at 180 and am currently at 217. I had gotten up as far as 230. Last year I joined another weight group and lost down to 207. Over the holidays and a flare in my illness I have gained back 10 lbs. A friend suggested I try SBD. So here I am. I read the info and thought it would help my husband as well. We just found out that his dad was just diagnosed with Type 2 Diabites. We are both scared that he will get it. We started on Monday. So far so good. I am not sure about a few things but I hope to get to know some of you and use this forum to answer our questions. Thank you for all your help.
    Start Date: 4.12.04
    Start Weight: 217
    Goal Weight:200
  • Welcome to the beach, Shannon! Good to meet you!
  • Welcome to the Beach pull up and chair and enjoy the sand and the sun.
  • Welcoem to the Beach, Shannon and her DH. I am type II diabetic like your FIL and have completely normalized my blood glucose on this diet! My doctor is amazed and delighted!
  • Welcome, Shannon. Hope you like it here!
  • Welcome to the Beach, Shannon!
  • welcome shannon!!!
  • I'm type 2 as well and since starting this diet 2.5 weeks ago I've been able to cut out my meds.
  • Thank you I feel welcomed. . .
    Thank you to everybody that welcomed me. I have really been enjoying all you posts. Every time my husband asks a question and I don't have the answer I come here. He seems to think we need to follow the menus exactly. Well I don't have that much money to buy fish for every dinner menu. I will post my questions in the FAQ section. Shannon
  • Shannon -
    Welcome to the beach! I just finished my first two weeks and reached the first mini-goal I ever set in my life. While, yes, I am bragging a little, I say this because I really don't think I could have done it without this forum. Everyone here is so supportive and quick to answer any of your questions!

Good luck to you and the DH!
  • Welcome, Shannon -- teaming is so good with SB -- I think we have three in my office now, plus sister and DH here at home. Imrah, many congrats!!!