Bacon question

• Why is it, that I can have bacon, (which is literally a saturated fat-fest) but I can't have sausage? I love sausage. Sausage with eggs would be awesome. I don't care for bacon much....too fatty...I always pick lean sausage. But I haven't eaten it because we're not supposed to.
  • We're actually supposed to eat turkey bacon if I recall correctly.
  • ANd turkey bacon is limited to two slices per day. The other kind of bacon - and the only other kind - is Canadian bacon which is very lean. It is actually pork loin.
  • oops

I must be eating more saturated fat than you guys.
  • I decided to eat both and have still had results from the diet. I can't stand turkey bacon, as some may remember from a previous post But I do have sausage and regular bacon both. I am just too picky. I think the main thing to do is pick something that is leaner, if you are going to deviate from the diet. Because eating bacon and greasy sausage every day can't be healthy.
    anyway, that's just my opinion. I do it, but I try to make a good choice about it.
  • I've been eating turkey sausage. It's tastes good and doesn't have as much fat (I hope). I saw it as an ingredient in one of the Phase 1 recipes on this site (the fireside bean soup) so I've been eating 2 little links with b-fast now and then (mabe once a week).