3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   phase 1 forever??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/38965-phase-1-forever.html)

Cassidy4 04-04-2004 03:41 PM

phase 1 forever???

I've been on phase 1 for about a month now, and have about 8 more pounds to reach my goal. I haven't restricted myself to phase 1, it's just that there doesn't seem to be much on phase 2 I really want. I am NOT a fruit eater; I'm really not interested in bread, pasta, or brown rice (whole wheat or white); and I'm not a wine drinker.

So, what am I really missing by staying on phase 1? I probably eat more nuts that I am supposed to, but that seems to be my only major downfall.

What are your thoughts, ladies?

ellis 04-04-2004 09:22 PM

You're doing great, Cassidy! :hat:
Are you getting enough calcium? Vitamins?

Cassidy4 04-04-2004 09:44 PM

Yes, I take calcium, a multivitamin, and an extra iron pill every day.

moonmirror 04-04-2004 11:17 PM

Cassidy,
Many people decide to stay on phase one. Your body will tell you whether or not it is time to move on to phase two. Dr. Agatston says that very rarely can people stay on phase one without cheating on it and falling off the wagon but he's seen it from time to time.

chick_on_the_beach 04-05-2004 01:49 AM

I have also found that I don't desire anything on phase two that I can't have on phase one (except for chocolate of course) but find phase one is really limiting when eating out. This is when I tend to have things that are not OP for phase one.

At the end of this diet once I've reached my goal weight it would be great to really love eating vegies and have no desire at all to eat chocolate but I think I might be dreaming.

Jennie527 04-05-2004 02:02 AM

When I went on vacation this week, my dog puked in the car several times and drooled an entire ocean during the 6 hour drive to TN, so we stopped at a gas station and I was so upset I went in and bought a candy bar. Chocolate has stopped tasting good! :cry: Oh wait I mean :spin: but wait :cry: I am so torn between my love of chocolate and not wanting to be fat anymore! :?:

ellis 04-05-2004 08:16 AM

Jennie, thank you so much for that graphic description of your car trip. :lol3: :rofl:

little chick 04-05-2004 09:11 AM

Jennie I would have eaten chocolate in the same situation. I probably would have stopped for a bottle of wine to wash the chocolate down. Hope you enjoyed your vacation otherwise. ;)

moonmirror 04-05-2004 11:26 AM

ugh, Jennie. Hope you had a good vacation anyway.
And, chocolate's on phase two :)

Cassidy4 04-05-2004 06:22 PM

chocolate may be on phase 2, but I just can't handle it. There is no such thing as a little bit of chocolate for me. I do great with the ricotta cheese,/baking cocoa mix though. I've even dolled it up by adding a tablespoon of peanut butter. It tastes great and is a very filling snack.

Chickpea 04-05-2004 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassidy4
chocolate may be on phase 2, but I just can't handle it. ....

I am afraid of getting hooked on chocolate again, so have been avoiding even the recipe with the small choc. morsels. Cocoa powder recipes seem fine, mixed with splenda.

Cassidy4 04-06-2004 07:31 PM

Today a student gave me an Easter basket filled with chocolate. That sweet little face said, "Don't you want to eat just one?" I did for him, then when he went out for recess I ate the other 15 pieces! UGH! I promise to be back on SB tomorrow!!! See what I mean about not being able to handle the chocolate. I'm addicted I tell ya!!!