South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 11:05 AM   #16  

Good morning everyone! It's an overcast day here in LA, but I don't think that WE have any snow in the forecast.

I am happy to have made 4lbs off in the 5lb challenge. Three weeks as of yesteday and still motivated. Said "no" to a couple of birthday cakes and lived to tell about it without too much resentment.

On the food front, I am SO HAPPY that artichokes are in season! They are my absolute favorite vegetable.

Clovey--of course we will miss you! Best of luck staying as close to OP as you can on your retreat; you may be surprised at how you can still stick with this as best you can. Love that tofu! Just remember: "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels" (I repeat that to myself on a daily basis).

Dynagyrll--I've seen the Dalai Lama speak. It was well worth it. Enjoy.

Ellis-Did the bed fall apart while you were IN it? That must have been a sight.

Well, off to the office. . . Have a good day, everybody.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:10 AM   #17  
Reeling Reverend

Morning, Chicks!!

Happy Birthday to me! I started off my 23rd year at the Dr. office for dermatitis and ended up with a UTI. I actually had a UTI when I went in, I just didn't know it.

I decided to use my birthday as an excuse to splurge and had a lemon scone from starbucks. DEAR GOD, but it was good. My office mate brought me a sugar free brownie this morning thinking that would be my splurge! What a sweetie.

House is coming together, Jorge is off to Florida (maybe he can go visit Dr. A?!) so this week is my time to get back to me, get seriously back on track, and CLEAN!! I'm feeling positive things this week...

Mamcita-So sorry about the neck! That's the worst! Feel better

Cottage- Good job, girl! Keep it up!

Sunshine- Keep up the good work and GREAT attitude!!

Ruth- I'm sorry your flat... perhaps you could borrow one of Ellis' titmice?

Jodi- Hats off to you. Going through such a stressful time, and still managing to stay positive and OP. You GO GIRL!!

Clovey- Bon Voyage!

Dyna- Glad you're feeling better!

Sharon- look at you go! Keep it up!

Ellis- It's not "grungy", it's "Asian-inspired" living. That what we call it because we really can't afford a bed set right now!!

Have a great day, ladies!! (and lurking gents)
Old 04-01-2004, 11:20 AM   #18  

Another mouse story for Ellis: Came down this morning and discovered seed pods littering the floor around the woodstove in the kitchen. Damn! More mice, and I thought I had just gotten rid of them. Again! So I swept the floor and the closet floor, reset the traps, and finally realized that the "pods" were some hulls from the huge bunch of kitty willows that DH had brought in for me. But the kitchen floor got swept, and the traps are now ready for the interlopers.

So this is the kind of thing I do "all day"; I can tell them when they ask.

Last edited by Pennywise; 04-01-2004 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Added a thought
Old 04-01-2004, 12:08 PM   #19  
Goddess In Her Mind

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Good afternoon chickadees! Just a quick check-in because I'm busy at work today. I've slacked the past three because I was feeling the blahs as my body adjusted to SBD. I also need to leave on time so I too can get some house cleaning done. Word of advice - if you have pets, don't buy a house with dark green carpet. It's been a nightmare!

Three days down!! Cottagebythesea - I think we're sharing the same rain here in Baltimore. It's supposed to be with us all day and night. YUCK! I want to get outside to exercise! Exercise videos just aren't cutting it.

Congrats to all who have lost and thanks to all for the support.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:36 PM   #20  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! CRYSTALCAITY and i think JENNIE527 too.

have a great day!!!
Old 04-01-2004, 01:11 PM   #21  
Pending Email Confirmation

hey all. happy b-day to the two gals.

my day is un-eventful. being a sahm means just that. lol but @ 3 i have an appointment to get my hair cut. woohoo. im also getting my eyebrows waxed. then im going to the grocery store w/ my list to get some SBD food. mmmm.

tonight hubby and baby and i are going to church w/ hubby's parents. its revival week for them. his mother has been begging us to go w/ her. so we are going. ok that sounds bad. no i dont think church is a bad thing. but who wants to get into this one? lol

i hope you all are having a great day.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:35 PM   #22  

Height: 5'-2"

No, SoCal, we were NOT having sex when it fell apart. I know where your mind was going.

Happy Birthday, Crystal!!
Don't you LOVE having time to yourself!? Enjoy it... he'll be back before you know it.

Penny, good mouse story. The mice drive me crazy, but I'm just grateful that they're not cockroaches. We bought this house not knowing that it was RIDDEN with the things. It took an exterminator and a full six weeks before we got rid of them all. I hope NEVER to see another.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:53 PM   #23  
Reeling Reverend

Thank you, thank you!

I'm so stoked to go home and clean and get Jorge ready to go out the door, NOT! We're going to a SB-friendly Mongolian BBQ for dinner, so it's OK.

Rainy and crappy... makes me want to go smoke... I won't! I can't! I MUSN'T!!!!

Mice and cockroaches... ew....

Ellis- too bad about your bed. That would have been the best story ever. Like the time.. oh, nevermind...
Old 04-01-2004, 04:40 PM   #24  

Ellis--

If you knew where my mind was going, that means you must have already been there.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:08 PM   #25  
resident lactivist

Heh, Sunshinelady, the '80s is spring weather! Still remember the year it was 92F in Christmas Day! (I'm from San Antonio.) I'll trade weather with you if you want; it's cold & rainy here & supposed to stay that way...pretty much right up until the time my husband leaves for Groton, then it's set to get nasty again when he gets back.

Have had a good day so far. Got in 23 minutes & some change on the treadmill this morning before Linda woke up and started crying. Love my new treadmill. Will try for some weight work this afternoon if I can get free of the girls enough.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:01 PM   #26  

So far I am doing great!

I am now on Day 3 of Phase 1 (again) and am feeling great! My parents were in town and we went out to lunch. I ordered a big salad, and even though there were two pieces of bread on my plate I didn't touch them. I am a lot more serious this time. I guess I just got tired of making some progress and then quitting before I made it all the way. But not this time!

I tried the crepes (under "Crepes modifications") in the recipes yesterday and I loved them! That recipe is definitely a keeper! I think since I have access to so many more ideas I won't get bored like last time.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Closed Thread