3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   any suggestions? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/38216-any-suggestions.html)

destructive.taste 03-20-2004 03:12 PM

any suggestions?

i hate water. yet i know i have to drink it. so what do you ladies do to help you stomach all of that water in a day? is flavored water ok? if so what types do you reccomend. haha sorry for all the questions.. :p

sweetiepetitti 03-20-2004 03:40 PM

Destructive, its not easy, especially since I gave up diet soda for lent. My sis told me it was killing me and making me fat. Nice eh? How about unsweet tea or tea with splenda. We have this great tea in the grocer called Tazo, and they make a sweet cinnamon spice that eliminates sugar cravings for me, no caffeine. Also try splenda lemonade, that splenda stuff is great, dissolves well, no funky taste and they have lots of recipes on the website. Check out Propel too, not sure the carb count, but I don't imagine it'd be bad if you only had one a day.How exactly did you get that cool pic for your name? I want a unique one!

Bamiegurl 03-20-2004 03:42 PM

I drink sugar free lemonade alot. Although I don't mind water either. But I buy the bottled kind and the one I got this last time I don't really like so I have not been drinkin it like I should. Just check the label on the flavored water and make sure it's not full of sugar would be my guess. I don't know why I buy it cause I have good water and I also have a filter on my ice and water dispenser. Hope sumin of this helped! tee-hee

ellis 03-20-2004 04:21 PM

Destructive, I used to hate water, too, but I found the more I drank of it, the more I got used to it. Now I absolutely CRAVE it when I'm thirsty. Drink the flavoured stuff, but try to work in some of the "natural" water at the same time. ;)

destructive.taste 03-20-2004 06:33 PM

thanks for the advice everyone. i have been drinking some unsweetened brewed green tea. so im glad im not the only one.

sweeti.. i made that picture. well i got the picture of the girl from animewallpapers.com and then i made the icon/avatar size and text, etc..

smartypants 03-20-2004 08:46 PM

to be a fish or not

Hmm..this one is hard for me since about a year ago I decided I was going to drink ore water and ever since that's just about all I drink. I will occasionally have a soda, but find I just don't care for it much anymore. I particularly like club soda or carbonated water (like perrier) with a squeeze of lime in it. It's great if the main reason you like soda is for its carbonation. I also have a physically demanding job being a veterinary emergency and critical care nurse, so I suppose it helps when I'm running around a lot! Another time you may find you will feel thirsty enough to drink a lot of water would be after a good workout :tread: . I also bought 16 oz drinking glasses. I drink one in the morning, a liter of water at work, and another 16 oz in the evening when I get home. You'd be surprised how easy it is if you get bigger glassea at home, hahaha. :sunny:

cottagebythesea 03-20-2004 09:36 PM

I found a flavored water drink, Fruit-2-0, that is really good. It comes in a variety of flavors, and it's sugar free. I have a hard time drinking plain ole water, especially during the colder months.

moonmirror 03-20-2004 11:05 PM

sweetiepettiti is right!!
I love Tazo. Tazo is the best. I drink their Awake, their Zen, their Passion. Its the best tea I've ever found, I have to buy it at Starbucks. I like it with a splash of nonfat milk. MMMmmm.

Jennifer 3FC 03-21-2004 12:41 AM

I couldn't drink water at all until I got a filter. We have a Brita filter on the tap and we keep jugs filled and chilled in the fridge. I can't drink it any other way!

chick_on_the_beach 03-21-2004 01:25 AM

You get used to it and I find now that I really miss it if I don't have a drink for awhile. I always keep a bottle in the fridge because it tastes much nicer cold. I will drink more diet drinks and herbal teas when the weather cools down a bit but atm it is hot so enjoying those salads and cold water.

ElizabethMO 04-03-2004 04:55 PM

I use Crystal Light lemonade. In the book it says that powdered flavor drinks are o.k. as long as they don't contain sugar. I love the lemonade, it sort of "cuts" the meat and egg taste. I usually drink it when I would ordinarly have juice. I do drink a lot of plain water too, tho.