South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 10:47 AM   #1  

Default New Member from The Prairies - audi

Hello everyone I am a new member here and don't really know just what goes on. If you could give me a little info to help me along that would be great. I was looking for a place that I could just check into for a little support and to have to confess to once in awhile. I have lots to lose but have not started yet just working up to the self control needed to get going. At 50 years I know it will not be easy but I need to get fit as I have been sitting too long. My back and hip bother me so am not sure about the walking but would like to try. I have a home daycare and it is getting harder to keep up to the kids.
Hope to hear from someone soon
Thank you from what I have read you sound like great people.
Audi
Old 03-10-2004, 11:24 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Audi and welcome to The Beach! I made a standalone thread for you so folks would be able to welcome you better.
Please be sure to read the FAQ Section as there's lots of info there and be sure to join us on The Daily Chat where we sort of hang out and relax a bit.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:10 PM   #3  

Audi,

Welcome! You will love the support and information found on this site. Just jump right in and join the fun.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:15 PM   #4  

Hi Audi! I have a lot to lose in terms of weight too so I will be with you on that one! It is really hard to even contemplate the journey from the beginning of it, I understand that. I could not conceive of doing any exercise when I was at my biggest. But I started small, and lost some weight and gradually let myself do a little bit of exercise, then a bit more. I dont do much now, but I find that it is easier when I do.

This is a helpful place to check in and chat to people. Some of us are doing better than others at being OP, and that tends to change from time to time. It is a forgiving sort of environment, but also we all want one another to make it, so we encourage as well as commiserate.

South Beach is a great way of eating too, so better health awaits! I dont know how much better your back and hip will get (my knees dont hurt anymore, but when I was thirty pounds heavier they did hurt a lot). My guess is that your body will like the new regime (scary word...).

welcome.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:35 PM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Audi Welcome to the beach. You will find lots of help and support here. Look forward to seein you around.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:14 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Audi! So glad you've joined us.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:30 AM   #7  

hi audi welcome to the beach!!!
Old 03-11-2004, 10:15 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome to the beach. I run a home daycare as well. I have much more engery to run after my little love bugs since I have taken off 30 pounds. Pull up a chair and enjoy the sun and the laughter that you will get from these wacky chicks.
Closed Thread