South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 05:56 PM   #1  

Question phase 1, longer then 2 weeks?

i was thinking what if i stay in phase 1 longer then the 2 weeks? anyone tried?
Old 03-08-2004, 07:07 PM   #2  

I plan on staying one Stage 1 for three weeks. Dr. Agastan not to do it longer than 4. It isn't because it's not a healthy diet. Of course it is. He is worried about boredom, which may lead to cheating. He wants us to get back to normal eating as soon as possible.

By the way, I'm on Day 13.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:42 PM   #3  

I stayed on Phase 1 for 3 weeks; just to make "sure". (I'm now on my 5th week) I'm not a picky eater so, I really didn't miss anything. But we all will have to go back to eating fruits, grains, etc. If we all follow the phases we should learn as we go and have a better understanding of how things effect us.

Good luck and don't give up. It does work!!!! I'm 20 lbs lighter and continuing the downward trend.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:09 PM   #4  

The main problem with staying on Phase 1 longer than two weeks is the boredom. I am doing a sort of Phase 1.5 and losing about 2kg (4 1/2 pounds) a week as long as I don't completely blow it on the weekends.

I have added in low fat fruit yogurts and if I have the odd slice of bread or piece of fruit it is no big deal. I find that it is easy through the week but in the weekends it is hard to stick to Phase 1 too rigorously especially if you are eating out or eating with friends.

Last weekend I had curry and rice, poppadoms and one alcoholic drink and regained 1kg of the 2kg that I lost that week. This is still slightly faster weight loss than if I was on Phase 2 but then I exercise a lot so this could happen anyway.

My problem is that I find it difficult to have one slice of bread or one piece of fruit so I am best to steer away from it all now to keep off the weight that I have lost.

Dr A says it is okay to do Phase 1 longer than two weeks if you have a lot of weight to lose but I would say you need to experience some weight loss on Phase 2 otherwise you will just put it straight back on again once you stop.

Last edited by chick_on_the_beach; 03-08-2004 at 10:12 PM.
Closed Thread