South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 02:56 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Wed Chat- Happy Hump Day

I guess I just have the urge to start us off each day. I find myself up again in the middle of the night. It is 3:45 and I have had a coughing attack and had to take some cough medicine and I am now wide awake. So here I am again.

Everyone seems to be inspired again to and on the right track. Spring must be in the air. I think my biggest downfall is the exercise thing. I am doing ok with the eating thing but have been on a standstill with the scales. So I am going to make a real effort to.... exercise, I did 40 minutes on the treadmill and ran for 3 of those minutes not all at once but 1 time for a minute and then again for 2 I actually worked up a sweat. I really want to wear some cute summer clothes this year and maybe in put myself in a bathing suit. Something I have not done in atleast 10 years. I talked before about buying myself one and hanging it in the bedroom where I can see it everyday.
Well chickies I am going to go back to bed. Happy Wed.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:27 AM   #2  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies! I find myself up with the cat who wanted his breakfast so he sat on my chest and licked me until I got up and fed him. I think I will probably take a nap later though. Unfortunately, once I am up, I am up. If I tried to go back to bed now I would lay there for an hour before going back to sleep. I took my dog for a walk yesterday afternoon, and then last night dh and I took him on another one. I didn't really "exercise" on Monday, but I sure did exhaust myself. My girlfriend's b-day was on Mon and all she's talked about the last month (jokingly) is that the best b-day present would be for someone to clean and organize her house. So on Sun night I had her boyfriend drop off his key to her house and I cleaned on Mon for 7 hrs.
I hope everyone has a good on plan day today.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:03 AM   #3  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

5am and I am still awake and no longer tired. I went to a funeral yesterday for a friend's mom who died, and I just read my emails, thru which my dad informed me that an old family friend just passed away, what a horrible week.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:00 AM   #4  

Goodmorning! I am up and at it today. Getting ready to go to work. I am eating an egg, canadian ham and cheese breakfast. Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Old 03-03-2004, 06:15 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What a group of keeners! I've been up an hour and still have not had coffee. I'll get my fix and come back a bit later. The Girls are anxious to go out and start their busy day!
Old 03-03-2004, 07:07 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning finally crawled out of bed after going back at 4:45 went back to sleep and could not get up. DH went to Tims and I am having a tea. It is beautiful and sunny here today and I think I will clean some and open the windows again today. Spring is in the air and I love being able to open the windows again. Well since I seem to be babbling I will go and check in again later.

Cute m&m story.

Last edited by little chick; 03-03-2004 at 07:09 AM.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:01 AM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

Just popped in to say goodmornin! I'm off to run my MIL around all day. I had chili for breakfast and will probably regret it. I knew I needed more than just t-bacon and eggs for this long day! haha She has lots of road she wants to cover today. I'll check in this afternoon when and if I make it back. tee-hee Let's all have an OP day! And be Blessed!
Old 03-03-2004, 08:12 AM   #8  

morning everyone,
just stopped in quick to say hi. sitting here at my desk looking at a huge pile of work for today. so i'm off to have my coffee and dig right in. hope everyone has a great day.....get well soon little chick.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:15 AM   #9  

Morning Chicks! I've been up half the night coughing. Had to finally take my Zertec at around 1 AM and it helped. Then yuri (my 14 pound cat) decides he wants to curl up and purr and wakes Casey up (my dog) and then he wants to play at 4:45 AM So I finally dragged out of bed at 5:30 and made it to work by 7:30. I feel like I have already worked a whole day!

It's so nice here! I have spring fever!! It's gonna be 77 here today!!! Maybe I will leave a little early today
Well better get to work! Ya'll have a great one!
Old 03-03-2004, 08:49 AM   #10  

Morning ladies! Just checking in before a long day. I hope to get some serious work done today. This warm weather has really put me in a good mood. Let's see if I can take advantage of it!

I'm off to write. Get well soon little chick and nascar girl. Good luck and OP yumminess for everyone. And 77 degrees!! I'm moving to Georgia!
Old 03-03-2004, 11:03 AM   #11  

Goodmorning Ladies, wow I can't believe it's 9 am here in frosty Alberta and there are so many posts already. It's my second day with "loose bowels" shall we say - sorry to be gross so early. I'm on day 9 and I'm starting to worry that I may be eating too much, the weight just fell off of me the first couple of days but I'm not sure if it is even moving now at all and I think I am up a lb from yesterday. I know I'm not dehydrated because I'm drinking tons of water, I've definitely stayed OP so the only thing I can think of is that I'm eating too much. Did all of you lose the 8-14 lbs on Phase 1, maybe I am just expecting too much? I know I've lost at least 5 or 6 so far. Please help, I'm feeling a bit discouraged this morning.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:23 AM   #12  

lots of energy here today! I had animal magic as well today......cleaning cat sick off the stairs........mmmmmm my fave chore. I should have known when I heard the tell tale rustling of the cat treats bag being broken in to at 6am that there was going to be trouble.......

I have had an excellent day's work here, and am finally feeling pleased with myself for accomplishing something tangible.

Scales are at a standstill for me too, but I just think it is going to be slow slow slow. I am doing well on the eating, but still having too much of the old red wine, that is what I think the problem is. But I am now cutting it back, and most evenings sticking to tea, and just having a glass or two at teh weekend, so that should be ok.

And spoke to my neice and nephew to say congrats on the new baby who is going to be given the name Tom..........which I think is lovely. I have been invited to visit, so will make some time asap! I dont want to impose, it must be a bit overwhelming to have a new baby and visitors as well, but I might just impose away anyhow, just for the cuddle. It is a long way to drive from here for half an hour, but I dont mind.

see you all later. Off to college for a lecture on 'the concepts of masculine and feminine in Islam and Shamanism'.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:51 AM   #13  

Height: 5'-2"

Quickie... Jennie, hugs and prayers... so sorry you've lost some friends.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:03 PM   #14  
Dancing Fool

Angry Good morning!

Thanks to all for their good advice last week. I returned to Phase I on Wednesday and had my weigh in this am. I am down 5 pounds! I really didn't expect to see such a good loss because I had really been good and on plan with Phase II. It is harder doing without some of the P2 things because I had gotten used to having a piece of fruit for my afternoon snack. Again thanks to all for the good advice.
I can't believe how early some of the posts started this morning. Since I have been on SB I have noticed a definite improvement in my sleep. I can now get up in the middle of the night and let the dogs out, hit the bathroom and then let them in and go back to bed and get back to sleep pretty easily. Before SBD I would go to bed and lay there for what seemed like forever and then never be able to go back to sleep once I was up to let out the Labs.
What I am reallyl looking forward to is my blood test results . Colorado has a statewide health fair in March and for reduced rates you can get your blood tests done and a variety of other tests too. It is great for seniors. I have very high cholesterol and the last time I had it checked the LDL was up 50 points from the year before and my HDL was down from 100 to 65. Hopefully this diet will have turned that around. I sure don't want to have to go on medication.
I don't manage to check every day. I really enjoy reading the posts from the other chicks. I even like hearing about the weather. My two sons are in the DC area and I especially like hearing what Caity has to say. Snowy here again today, it has been a snowy winter for here on the Western Slope. But the iris and oriental poppies are showing through the snow!
Guess I have rambled enough today. It is time to hit the treadmill and the dumbbells this morning. A good OP day to all.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:06 PM   #15  

Good morning ladies! I have quite a pile of work to do today as well. I'm only a quarter of the way through all of my real estate software that I have to finish before my class and test in April. At least I got my two college classes out of the way this week. Juvenile Justice and World Religion. Both have more homework than I would like, but all in all not too bad. Anythings better than last semester of college algebra and business law. I feel exhausted this morning. I'm embarassed to admit to all of you early birds, but I don't usually wake up until around 10 in the morning. I need to hit the gym this afternoon and I still haven't weighed in this week. Now I'm nervous to as my mom lost 7 pounds and my dad 9. They have quite a bit more weight to lose overall but that doesn't make it any better really. Better get cracking. Have a great day!
Closed Thread