3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   No movement in 5 days??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/36304-no-movement-5-days.html)

bayrea 02-06-2004 08:34 AM

No poop in 5 days???

Ok, I haven't pooped since monday, today is friday. I started the SB on Sunday morning.... is this natural????

clovey 02-06-2004 08:37 AM

Hi Bayrea
It is not unusual! Make sure you are drinking lots of water and filling up on good carbs ie veggies. Some people take a fiber based laxative as well, and no doubt they will share.

I have just had a whole packet of kenya beans for my lunch with some chicken........gotta keep goin' !!! Like in 'Finding Nemo' when Dory goes 'keep on swimming, keep on swimming'.

dentrassi 02-06-2004 09:00 AM

sugar free metamucil. works wonders, helps you feel full. AND you'll lose a bunch of weight when you finally "go"!!

Ruthxxx 02-06-2004 09:18 AM

Fiber and water are key! Be sure to eat legumes - they are good carbs and are allowed on SBD. Try the Metamucil or ground flax seeds too.

little chick 02-06-2004 10:24 AM

:headache: are we girls alike or what. I just had the same problem and I am weeks into this thing. I finally had to break down last night and take something. ( I took a correctal I know you are not supposed to but I can't do the metimucial) I have been eating pumpkins seeds today and I think that I will have a slice of multi grain bread with lunch today. Although with all the salad and veggies I have been eating you would think the plumbing would be working. I seen a comerical for the metimucial cookies I am not sure if they are in Canada yet but I think I will check out the drug store this week-end. Has anyone seen or tried this yet?

Rowan Bailey 02-06-2004 11:29 AM

well it is certainly not good to walk around with that much poop, this diet will cause you to need a little help....I take senakot for a few days if I am having a severe problem, but try the sugar free citracel, it is not that bad....I don't like metamucil myself and there is a good benefit because it will make you full.
rb

Danzgal 02-06-2004 09:10 PM

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. The Metamucil kinda worked so I took some Milk of Magnesia and THAT worked. Have'nt had a problem since, drink plenty of water, eat plenty of vegatables and take Metamucil daily and that should help.

bayrea 02-07-2004 09:36 AM

Yay!! I pooped!

dentrassi 02-07-2004 11:48 AM

:cheer: :cheer: HURRAY!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

:encore: :encore: :encore:

(okay, we have a zit thread and a poop thread....what about a fungal infection thread next?!?!)

Ruthxxx 02-07-2004 12:16 PM

Thanks for sharing!

Danzgal 02-07-2004 03:12 PM

:lol: TMI :lol: But glad you did. :dizzy:

RealtorRose 02-13-2004 11:24 PM

Hi Bayrea,

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I laughed so much I cried. The same thing happened to me on Phase 1. It was quite uncomfortable to say the least :( . I finally tried some metamucil (orange flavor) and even exlax. I did find that once I got on Phase II and started eating fruit that it help immencely.
Anyway, Congrats :bravo:

Rose

Ruthxxx 02-15-2004 10:52 AM

Um.....I think we've said all that could and should be said so I'm locking this thread before we all split a gut laughing.