South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 09:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend! - Jan. 1 and Feb. 1

It's really quiet on The Beach this morning! Thanks for being less rowdy than usual while I slept in.

I was at rehearsal until 11 last night and drove home in snow! Did I ever sleep last night. I woke at 8:20 when Harry cracked open the bedroom door to ask if I was OK! He was worried - and also need blood tested and his meds.

Rob has already been here and brought in some firewood so I can just try to spend the rest of the day on unimportant things - like firming up those lines!

Celery and Laughing Cow Lite Cheese for breakfast. I am sticking to SBD as closely as possible but trying not to obsess until after Feb. 6 which is the post-production party. Then it's back onto Phase I to budge some more of this fluff!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. What are your plans?

Old 01-31-2004, 10:04 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh! I thought it was Sunday! That's why I didn't start a thread, Ruthie... I thought there was already one made. snort.
Heh heh. Dear Harry.
Going out to buy a birthday gift for DS.
Back later...
Old 01-31-2004, 11:01 AM   #3  

Good morning ladies -

Ruthxxx: good job for sticking with it this weekend, isn't laughing cow the best? I don't really know anyone yet - especially on this daily thread that I'm starting to love so much. So, what are you rehearsing for? I keep seeing that you are in a production but never can figure out what you are up to. And who is Rob? DS?

Hi Ellis: Thanks for bumping up the exercise thread. I think that was you?! Anyway, I'm going to the gym today and I'm going to start that exercise challenge a day early. I'll post the thread AFTER my workout so I HAVE to get there. I saw you like to read. Any good book suggestions? I love reading, right now I'm reading all of B. Kingsolver's books. I pick authors I like and then rip thru all their stuff.

I made it to day 6 of phase 1 and am feeling better. Survived dinner out at our favorite italian restaurant last night, had salads, olives, and a lobster with green beans & almonds. Ooooohhhhhh, it was so hard to pass up the bread & dessert, but I did it! Pretty proud of myself, huh? The meal was absolutely delicious. But I did treat myself to 1 glass of red wine. Not something I'd crave after so that was fine. If I eat desserts it takes me a week to detox. Sugar = evil.

Have a great day!

Anne
Old 01-31-2004, 11:59 AM   #4  

Wow, it's really busy in here, huh? Hoppin'.

Ruth, I'm starting Phase I with you. Next Friday? Saturday?

Anne, Rob is one of Ruth's many lovers.
Is that Barbara Kingsolver? I'd never heard of her... I'm going to check her out. Thanks!
Right now I'm reading Austin Clarke. Have you read Their Eyes Were Watching God, by Zora Neale Hurston? That's pretty much my favorite book.
I highly recommend Timothy Findley, but Ruth doesn't.
I can't wait to start exercising tomorrow!
Old 01-31-2004, 12:45 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 8"

Glad to hear you 2 gals are re-starting Phase 1...soon

Have you noticed how all of us who started on Phase 2 Monday are a bit upset with no weight loss the first week of it? It is a little discouraging after having great losses for 2 weeks and then to totally stop for a week. I have to admit, I am a bit bummed!

So now for my small womanly problem...When I started Phase 1, towards the end of the week I started my period, it lasted a few days longer than normal, and now a week after it stopped...I am spotting again!!! Could this from a change in my diet? Did anyone else experience anything like this ..(I know, not you Ruth ) I guess if it doesn't stop, then I have to go to the stupid gyn...which I hate. Maybe that is why I am soooo tired?? I can't figure it out...any thoughts, please share.

Hey ellis...how old is your DS going to be? And....How is this exercise challenge going to work? I have never participated in one. Is there going to be a seperate thread for it? Do we post our exercise minutes? or just days we did it? I am having DH get his stuff off my treadmill as we speak. I'm almost ready to start!

lessismore...your dinner sounded lovely..I love lobster! Have fun exercising!

Talk to ya'll later!
Old 01-31-2004, 01:10 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Rob is NOT one of my many lovers. Don't listen to Ellis! Bruce Springsteen is one of my many lovers but Rob is a dear friend who lives nearby and acts as a sort of adopted DS. I am not his type - besides, he's a bit too young not that I ever found that a problem before!

Harry or H. is my DH who is slowly recovering from a stroke. The Girls are Hershey and Lucy, my mother and daughter Portuguese Water Dogs. Geez, I guess I'd better do a bio.

I am in "The Vagina Monologues" which explains all my whining about lines and rehearsals. Performance is Feb. 5 after which I'll shut up and pick something else to crab about!

Hope this helps. Holler if you need more info and just ignore ellis!
Old 01-31-2004, 01:16 PM   #7  

Just ignore Ruth.

Hey, Chaz. This was Anne's idea, and it's a great one. She'll (you WILL, won't you, Anne? ) start up a separate thread for it tomorrow morning. We can post our exercise minutes, etc as the month goes by.
Anne is starting today, but she's not going to be allowed to include her exercise time for today because that would be cheating, and if she does, I'll edit it out because I'm a moderator, and I can do that.
You can start today if you like, but I'm saving my energies for tomorrow.
Re: your period... I'd see my gyn ... I know it's a drag, and I'm sure it's nothing, but don't let it go.

Oh... and my DS is turning eight. He's just a baby.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:20 PM   #8  

Darnit!!! That means now I am going to have to shave my legs!
Thanks ellis....

Yep, saving my energy too!!!

I need to find some recipes so I can get to the store...talk to ya later
Old 01-31-2004, 02:57 PM   #9  

Ok Chazmom...
we must be twins sperated at birth...I had spotting for 3 days last week and my pd is not due for 2 more weeks! I wondered if it had to do with the loss...
hmmm, and now the weight stall...maybe we're preggers! LOLOLOL...I would DIE!
Joking, joking...relax!
Nice to know we're not alone,
Jan
Old 01-31-2004, 10:41 PM   #10  
A Lily from my yard!

I'm back! Hey chicks! I have missed everyone while I was gone. I had a wonerful trip. Had some snow and bitter cold. Thought about all y'all up there! Left my leather coat at home hangin on the chair so I would not forget it.Guess I was in a hurry to get outta here! I stuck to the SBD no problem at all. I was roomin with 3 other ladies all of which had bags of snacks like brownies, cookies, CHOCOLATE, candy non of which I ate! I felt very proud of myself. Most of the places we ate served bread with our food and I passed. It was not near as hard as I thought it would be. But I feel so good and keep thinkin man that junk was makin me feel so sluggish. While they all needed a nap I went and walked around Wal-Mart. Finally got the food guide. That was a hard booger to find. Not sure how much I have lost this week being gone but I'll wait til Monday mornin weigh in. I hope! Rest. food is richer so if I don't have a great big loss I won't complain as long as I have one. I'll have to find the exercise post for tomorrow and see about tryin to walk. My knee seems to be feelin better. PTL Ok I gotta jet I am sooo tired from late nights and early mornins. Congrats to all the progress y'all have posted.
Old 02-01-2004, 04:07 AM   #11  

Bamiegirl, welcome back, and congratulations on making such wise food choices while you were away!!
Old 02-01-2004, 09:56 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

'Mornin', Beauties!

Quick post as I'm running late. Rehearsal went on until 11 again but I slept until 8 this morning. H. and I had a "real" breakfast together, the first in a long time. Yes, I had regular bacon and a slice of 12-grain toast. On Atkins, I'd be fretting about being knocked out of ketosis but not on The Beach. I promise that after this play is over I will be on pure Phase I and ditch some more of this fluff.

We have a rehearsal at 1 this afternoon which will run to 6 - a long one but it will be great to have a leisurely dinner with H. and be in bed at a decent hour. Then three rehearsals in the evenings and one performance and the whole extravaganza will be over! I wonder what the letdown will be like. I feel like I've been running on overdrive for the past month!

Anyhow, today is Feb 1 and tomorrow is Groundhog Day and Candlemas so we are over the hump of the winter - so I keep telling myself. Soon it will be greenhouse time!

Have a super Sunday!
Old 02-01-2004, 09:57 AM   #13  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies can't believe it is Sunday already. I had a great date night. The concert was wonderful. Then sat was up early off to teach then we had to drive to Frederiction ( which is the next city about and hours drive.) to go pick up DH grandmothers tv and then we visited with friends. Then we brought the tv back here to Saint John and delivered it to grandma. Then this morning it was general tidy up and we are off here is a bit to go to youngest dd gymnastics competition, the oldest has to be a private lessons for dance and somewhere I have to find time to go get some food. I will try to get back in later and catch up. I don't even have time to read all the week-end posts. Of course tonight is Superbowl ( not that I really care) but Surviour does start after that so I must try to stay up or tape it. Well I got to go I only have an hour to get out of here and I have not even hit the showers yet. Talk to ya all later.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:51 AM   #14  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Bamiegirl-GOOD FOR YOU!!! You stayed strong during one of the HARDEST times to stay strong...on vacation with friends.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:59 PM   #15  

Good Afternoon!

I am gearing up to get on my treadmill after I eat lunch I am having leftover Hamburger Minestrone soup that someone posted in the recipe thread. It was very good...I substituted fresh green beans for celery and added fresh mushrooms and a can of tomato paste...yummy!!

Ruth, sounds like you are working very hard..I am sure the show will be great!

bamiegirl, great will power...I dont think I would have been able to do it!

January, pregnant!!! I don't think so, that is impossible for us...dh has been neutered! I think I may go in and talk to my GP, I want to get my bloodwork done and then will do it again in about 3 months to see if there is a difference while I am doing SBD...I will tell him about the period thing, but that is it...he doesn't get to look!!! I have a female GYN and love her, I can see her if he feels it isn't diet related.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend...I am not a fan of football, so will probably head on over to the grocery store so I can shop alone this evening. I was there last night and all the guys were buying beer and steaks.

Hi to everyone!!! Will check in later.....

I had to edit to say....I made Liz's Cauliflower, that is in the recipe thread, tonight...it was soooo easy and very very good!!! My husband loves Indian food, I hate it, and he said it reminded him of an Indian dish? Don't know about that, but I enjoyed it. If you haven't made it, give it a try!

Last edited by chazmom; 02-01-2004 at 09:47 PM.
Closed Thread