New to South Beach

• Hi, I am brand new to the South Beach Diet and anxious to lose about 70 pounds. I was on Atkins for 6 months but only lost the initial 10 pounds. So, I feel that if I had enouth disipline to stay on Atkins for 6 months, I should be able to handle this diet.

I started yesterday and I am hungry. I am not much of a cook, so it is difficult to put together some meals. Today I made scrambled eggs in the microwave and then heated a piece of Canadian bacon to have with it. Breakfast was the easy part.

I need all the help I can get and hopefully have found many new friends and
    people to encourage me with this forum. Any suggestions, please let me know.
  • Welcome, Poppy! Don't be hungry... eat! Make sure you're having your allowed snacks, and plan ahead with your meals so that they're really satisfying. Oh... and water... DRINK WATER!! (it's not a myth... it'll fill you up and slim you out. In. )
  • ms1poppy,

If you can do atkins for 6 mos. this diet will be a breeze! The hardest part is the 1st 2 wks. Do you like veggies? They save me -- I buy roasted pepper hummus and dip peppers, broccoli etc. for snacks. Also, cheese sticks, nuts orcelery stuffed with soy cr. cheese, laughing cow or hummus. Lunch is almost always a salad which admittedly gets boring...but top with any chicken, fish or eggs/cott cheese. For dinner, try lots of salmon, fish, chicken and grilled veggies - the vegetable recipies in the book are so yummy. Check out the recipie board.

Most of all, stick with it for 2 weeks and you will be so excited about the results. We can do this together!!

Anne
  • Hi Welcome!!
  • Welcome to The Beach, Poppy. I see you have found us and are well on the way to success!
  • Day #3 for me
    Thank you everyone for your warm welcome to the message board. I am almost 1/2 way through the first week and, of course, anxious to see some results. My scale is not accurate, but my jeans will be telling the truth.

Since I work 4pm-12am every weekday, I find dinner is a real challange because I need to make it up and bring it with me. I am not hungry during the day....have a v8 and eggs in the late morning....lots of water....ham rolled around some cheese sticks for lunch....and then I prepare my dinner for work. Yes, I do have snacks, but seem to need more.

Tonight I made ground turkey browned with onion, a salad with tomato and green pepper, broccoli, ricotta w/vanilla and splenda, and sugar free jello.

Again, thanks for the welcome and hope to speak with you soon. Michele
  • Welcome to the beach Poppy. You will love it here. Sounds like you are well on your way.