South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 07:54 PM   #16  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi gals just a quickie before I go pick up my youngest dd and her friend from a birthday party. Oldes dd and her friend are babysitting then they come back here to hopefully go right to sleep as we leave at 7 am sharp to hit the ski hill. So I am just getting some lunch and snack ready to take with us. All SBD friendly baked a ham, making deviled eggs, yogurt, salad and brazil nuts as well as some apples. So it will be a fun day of exercise and good eating. Although they are saying it is going to warm up to a beautiful
-25 with the windchill. My dance class went well we are working on our dances for the end of the year dance show. My 3 and 4 year olds have theirs down pat, but my 5 year olds are not the best behaved class so it is taking much longer thank goodness we have 15 weeks before the show hopefully they won't have to commit me before then .

Ruthie- glad that you had a day out, hopefully Harry will get more comfortable with Jane. Good luck with your rehersals. Wish I could send dh to you he loves to bring in wood. Keep warm lovey.

ellis- could you pick me up tomorrow night after skiing I will need to go somewhere warm after a day in the cold. No tunnel dug but that is a good idea, Ruth does your Kevin dig tunnels.

Jennifer- hope that you are feeling better soon. Enjoy the movie with you dh. Nice to have a date night.

busymamma- your ex sounds like a jerk, I am sure that your dk will be fine you seem to be on top of things counselling is a wonderful thing. Take care.

Well I have to run the party ends at 9 and it is 5 to. Sorry I can't post to the rest of you. Have a great day tomorrow and I will talk to you all soon.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:03 PM   #17  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Emily-Sorry to hear about your JERK of an ex. Vent all you want sweetie. I agree with you. keeping the kids safe and sane is the top priority.

Chazmom & Bamiegirl-OH CRUEL, CRUEL WOMEN.....

(It is about 2 degrees F here...Not as cold as you chicks in Ottawa have it, but still TOO COLD!!!)
Old 01-25-2004, 07:38 AM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, did you get some wood in? I kept waking up in the night and wondering if the furnace had broken down again. (it hadn't. phew!)

Sharon, darling, the trouble with Ottawa is that, not only is it a "freeze-your-a**-off-in-the-winter" city, but it is also a "fry-an-egg-on-the-sidewalk" city in the summer. Actually, it's the humidity that'll kill you. (I love it when John Candy says that in "Cool Runnings". )
I'm sorry you're stressed about the house, hon.

Jennifer, how's your cold? Did you see "Big Fish"? You'd better take the week off from work.

Chaz, is that your POOL!? Your house is beautiful! Goodness me. Yes! More pics, please!

Bamiegirl, how's the rental house coming? We're got a rental apartment that we've been working on for... oh, quite some time. It's finally almost ready. If we could just find the perfect tenant...

Oh, so now you're going SKIING, Little Chick!? Good, GRIEF!! You're really enjoying this winter thing, aren't you. One of our neighbours told me he takes his mountain bike "tobogganing" down the slopes. He offered to take me. Yeah, RIGHT!!

Den, are you having a nice boring weekend? Don't you just LOVE boring weekends!? I haven't had one of those in... oh, YEARS!!

DD has spent a couple of nights at my parents' place. I'm going over there for a coffee this morning. I'll see what state my sweet Dad is in. He's having his monthly blood transfusion tomorrow, so he'll be pretty white and puffed out at this stage.
Then this afternoon (maybe if I write this down I'll actually DO it!), I'm going to bake some oatmeal molasses bread for my poor stressed sister. She and her partner gutted their house this summer, and they're still living in a real mess.

I'm going to warm up the car... have a wonderful day, all! Love and hugs to everyone...
Old 01-25-2004, 10:36 AM   #19  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Talking Good Morning, Everyone!

We are having a major ICE STORM this morning! The State Troopers are advising everyone to stay off the roads....so I guess no church this morning for us! Funny how everything seems to be doing OK weatherwise with no predictions of foul weather coming. And then Wham!!!! It just hits suddenly!They didn't even mention this until last night late. I'm going to have to dig around in the freezer and pantry to see what I can come up with as far as "eats" today. I don't usually go to the grocery until Mondays....so Sundays are usually pretty sparse.

Oh, well, I need to get more files cleaned out anyway. I may even cuddle up with a good book this afternoon!

Emily...My heart goes out to you, hon'. You are a wonderful, caring mom!
Ruth...Love the pic of Hershey!
Ellis...you are so sweet to spend the day calling on your family. The bread sounds absolutely delicious!
Little Chick....you are the champion Winter Sports Chick in my books!
Den....have a wonderful , restful, uneventful remainder of the weekend, hon'. You deserve the rest!
Bammiegurl, and Chaz....take me to the "warmlands!" I'm ready and waiting for a ride!

Hugs to all the Chickies on the Beach today! Have a great one!
Hm-m-m-m.....maybe I could just slide to the grocery????
Or....maybe not!
Sharon
Old 01-25-2004, 10:44 AM   #20  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Ellis, honey....

I'm so sorry to hear about your Ottowa extremes!
Are you trying to discourage me from visiting?
If we sell our home quickly, I was thinking of moving into your spare apartment until we can find another house!!!!!!

Seriously, I'll bet it's just a beautiful place!

Stay warm! The Oatmeal Molasses Bread sounds lovely! You are a good sister!
Old 01-25-2004, 12:23 PM   #21  

hi fellow south beachers....i haven't been active on the boards.....and probably won't...but i do love to come here and see what everyone is up to and aska questionn or two. I just don't have time for the daily chats...I love this south beach diet......I've lost 10 pounds since switching from atkins....(lost 40 on atkins in a year)
I am really enjoying chili, brown rice...whole wheat bagals...and grits....yes i'm a southern gal. Keep up the chatter....i do read even if i don't respond
Old 01-25-2004, 12:34 PM   #22  
Believe it & Achieve it

Happy Sunday Morning!

Well, I stepped on the scale this morning and I have dropped another 4 pds this week! I thought I was seeing things so I washed my face and gave myself a minute to wake up....stepped on again and yep I was correct! That is 8 pds in two weeks! I am one happy girl.

I had my kids last night, my son acted lost and my little girl had an attitude and was being a holy terror. I know she was doing it for attention. We went to walmart and I bought the pretty woman cd (old movie but great dancing songs!) popped it in when we got home and danced our hearts out then we played with playdoh the rest of the time until the last hour and then it went even more downhill from there.

I have FULL custody of these kids. I demanded that during the divorce, so that I could make all of the major decisions for the kids and so that I would have more control. He only agreed if he could have a two week visitation each month. A big part of that reason was to get out of paying me child support.

The last few years have not been to bad incidents here and there but the last 8 months or so have been a nightmare for the kids. I have enough evidence in hand to walk back to court and demand limited supervised visitation or no visitation w/child support this time. If I deny him visitation at this point I would ruin my case in court, although it is tempting to not turn them over.

Chaz- your pool looks so inviting. I love to swim even though I am not that great at it. I was dreaming of hot weather the fact that I am determined to wear a bikini this summer, lol........

Deets: stay safe! I know what you mean about getting slammed weather wise, and then it seems to never quit. Have fun relaxing.

Ellis: that bread sounds so good, it's not sbd friendly is it? Hey, it never hurts to ask......

Jennifer- did you go to the movie? I don't even recall seeing an advertisement for that one. Was it any good?

Hello to everyone else....going to run and get ready to face the day.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:57 PM   #23  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI ALL!!!

Ellis-We're like that here too, although our winters aren't quite as cold as yours. It CAN be bitterly cold, and during the summer it is often hot and ALWAYS humid!!! We have to go to the store to exchange DS17's birthday present today. (It was defective...) but other than that we are having a fairly boring weekend. Except for the temperamental flair ups we are getting from DS13 lately. Hope today is explosion free!!!

Deets-Sorry to hear about the ice storm. Those are a PAIN, and they always seem to happen when you are out of groceries!!! We must have the same weather predicters. Either they say a MASSIVE STORM is coming and then it snows an inch, or they say NOTHING and all heck breaks loose!!!

Emily-How old are your kids?
Old 01-25-2004, 01:16 PM   #24  
Believe it & Achieve it

Den, my son is 5 and my daughter is 4.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:13 PM   #25  

Howdy all!! I hope everyone is staying warm today!! We're in the middle of a BLIZZARD!!!!!!!!! It started snowing here about 8:30 this morning and my kids couldnt be happier!! My husband drove me to the grocery store about 9 since I'd planned on doing my weekly shopping today. BIG mistake! The parking lot looked like Walmart on Christmas Eve! (I wonder if anyone understands, lmao). Anyways, they had Spaghetti Squash so it was worth the hassle and long lines. Ok, so we're supposed to get 8 to 10 inches which for us is like the storm of the century! I'm glad I bought that Tae Bo tape last night, now to try it out. Anyone else tried it? Right now I feel like eating everything in the kitchen. Something about getting snowed in, hibernating and comfort foods........ sigh. I think I'll go try to make something yummy w/ the ricotta I bought.

busymomma, so sorry about what you and your children are going through. I'll definitely keep them in my prayers.

Deets, please keep the ice to yourself! I love snow but the ice ALWAYS causes a power outage here! I heard its supposed to start freezing rain around midnite but I'm hoping not!!! We have the kerosene heater and sleeping bags ready just in case.

Everyone have a great Sunday!!! I'm actually looking forward to weighing in tomorrow Chaz!!!

Later,
Traci
Old 01-25-2004, 05:59 PM   #26  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey chickies just checking in I am home from skiing and totally frozen but I did get 8 runs in and no falling My eating was totally out of control today. Well take care gotta go and watch 7th Heaven my fav show.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:53 PM   #27  

Ellis, I'm keeping you and your Dad in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope everyone had as relaxing a Sunday as possible. See everyone in the morning.

Old 01-25-2004, 08:39 PM   #28  

Height: 5'-2"

Thank you so much, GavinsMom... you are a dear girl.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:51 PM   #29  

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Girlies!!!

First I have to say that I made the Spinach and Ricotta stuffed chicken...It was fantastic!!!! Everyone loved it, even the kiddos! I told them the green stuff was just seasoning so they would eat it!! HA! I saved half of my chicken breast to have for lunch tomorrow..I can't wait!

Pretty uneventful here today, it was 70 degrees!! I feel for all you covered in snow and ice..yuck! I am North, outside of Dallas, so summers are not humid...just HOT!

Gavinsmom...Yes, I totally know what you are talking about with the groceries and an icestorm...as soon as the weather man says there could be a chance of ice or snow, I immediately run to the store with the entire city!! We southerners were never taught how to drive in the snow! Be Careful...and I am looking forward to weighing in tomorrow too!

Ellis...I hope your dad is well...and bread sure does sound good right now!! Yes, that is my pool and house...since I have finally figured out how to post pictures, I will send some of the finished bathroom next week when it is done...I was starting the boys rooms next, but had forgotten I have a new dining table and hutch being made, so will need to get the formal dining room painted here in a couple of weeks...so look for all of my home improvement project pictures..more to come!

Deets...Be careful in your ice storm too!!!

1busymomma...Congrats on your 4lb loss!!!

littlechick...I have never been skiing, looks fun, but I have a fear of going right over the side of a mountain...guess I have seen to many movies where that happens...oh, and snow is far away from me

I guess that is it...hope everyone is doing well...don't forget about Monday Morning weigh in tomorrow...I must run! Sex and the City is starting soon!! Can't miss it!!!

Bye!
Old 01-25-2004, 08:59 PM   #30  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to all my chickies! Cold and snowy here, but it is changing to freezing rain just in time for my nightly trek to work!

Emily, good luck with your legal quest...I know all to well how hard custody issues are! It sounds as if you have a good case to get the changes you feel are important.

Ellis, sending good thoughts for your dad...and for your sister, too! Sounds like she'll need it if you are baking her something!

All this nasty weather just ticks me off. I know that is a perfectly odd reaction to it, but I can't help it. While the rest of the world is snuggled safe and hopefully warm in their beds I am digging my way out of the driveway and braving the unplowed roads. I'm just being a big ol' baby!

Busy week for me...my schedule changes this week, so I work tonight, have tomorrow night off, but then turn around and work 2 more nights. Plus we decided we are going to drive up to the Cleveland area to see my in-laws on Thursday afternoon. Of course I haven't finished Christmas shopping for everyone since we never mail gifts but just go up as close to the holidays as we can manage. So, on my one day off I have to shop and wrap. My own fault, I know. My nephews are getting gift certificates...bad Aunt Franny!

I am in a state over finding fabric to upholster cornice boards and slipcover a chair in my great room. I have sent a way for numerous swatches, and of course nothing strikes my fancy. I am determined to find something I LOVE, not just something I can tolerate. I thought I had found it, but of course it has been discontinued and the company I was going to get it from doesn't tell you what the REAL name or who manufactures it, so no luck finding it elsewhere. Gee, I am getting on my own nerves with all this whining!

Okay, I'll quit...for now. I fully reserve the right to whine more at a later date or time. You guys feel free to join in....I don't mind one little bit! he he he!
Closed Thread