South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 01:04 AM   #1  
A Lily from my yard!

Smile I'm a Newbie to the Beach

Hello everyone. I was so glad to find this site today. It is my first day on the SBD and my first time to join any type of forums. I have tried every diet out there and feel that this one just may hold my attention. I need to lose about 50-60 lbs. Not real sure what I want to weigh yet. I am more of what size I wear than what weight I am. Currently 14 shooting for a 6. My husband and kids are all skinny so I'm in this alone. I live in a new area and do not really know alot of peeps so this will be my new support group. That was one good thing about WW is the group meetings. Tried the Atkins for 18 days very faithful never lost a pound and was sick as a dog. Have not really been on a "diet" in a couple of years. I love reading all the info from everyone. I am going out of town all next week and almost talked myself into waiting but decided I have put it off to long. And besides who knows I might drop a couple of pounds by then. Stay in it! Bamiegurl

Last edited by Bamiegurl; 01-26-2004 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:37 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome! Pull up a towel and an umbrella and stake your claim on The Beach! You will love it here.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:34 AM   #3  

Hi Bamiegirl and welcome!! I am new here also and there is so much info on these boards and the beachladies are great!!
don't put it off any longer you can still diet while you are away just make the right choices!!
Old 01-22-2004, 08:56 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey, Bamiegirl... welcome!
Old 01-22-2004, 09:38 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey I'm on the beach no doubt. Beach bag and all. Thanks for the welcomes. It's all about choices. Stay in it!
Old 01-22-2004, 10:46 AM   #6  

Welcome from another Newbie!
Old 01-22-2004, 11:06 AM   #7  

Hey BamieGurl!

I'm a newbie, too, and I think great minds must think alike! I, too, have about 50 pounds to lose- but I have a hard time thinking in terms of pounds, it is all about sizes (knowing full well there's no consistency in actual clothing sizes!). I had to come to the frightening realization that I have truly become a 16 !

And I feel your pain on being kinda alone- that's what makes this place so great . I've only been coming here a few days, but it has really helped so much. I've got my sis here in the city (size 2 little wench), and my friends are either thin or, worse, my roommate, who is bigger than I am and really trying to derail my SB efforts!!

So, take the plunge! I think you can totally get started before your trip and stay relatively true to phase 1 on your trip. I figure as long as I make BETTER choices than I was, I'm moving in the right direction.

Good luck, keep us posted!
Old 01-22-2004, 10:12 PM   #8  

Smile

Welcome Bamiegurl

I'm a newbie as well. Was tickled to find this group. Don't put off your start date...I started right before the holidays, stayed committed and made it through with flying colors. I love the advice and recipes. I find that the one thing that keeps me going is finding new recipes so eating is not BORING My husband is not on this program with me so he is sick of hearing me talk about it. My sister is also a size 2...I think I got all her fat genes. Having the beach girls gives me an outlet.

Rose
Closed Thread