3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   New to the Beach (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/35548-new-beach.html)

ButtBeGone 01-21-2004 04:17 PM

New to the Beach

Hi All,

I was really happy to find this website. From what I have seen so far I really like it.

I started SBD on my birthday which was 1/18. I must admit that this way of eating for me is very new. I wasn't sure if I could exist without my morning yogurt but I seem to have survived so far. The jury is still out on my diet pop.

I felt kind of strange during the first 24 hours but seem to be back to pretty close what I consider normal. Did any of you also feel a little off the first couple of days?

Looking forward to chatting with you.

Good luck to everyone!

Ruthxxx 01-21-2004 04:23 PM

Welcome to The Beach.
Cute name! Are you going to change it to ButtOff later?
The first few days, you may feel a bit strange as your body detoxes and actually goes through some chemical chnages but hang in there.
And happy Belated Birthday from another Capricorn! :hb:

debs7 01-21-2004 04:26 PM

I'm new to SB as well...only 2 days in so far. And by "feeling off" do you mean HORRIBLE? I feel really...tired and almost nauseous. Is this normal?? I feel like my body is NOT happy with me for doing this and maybe I should have some sugar in my system!!

ButtBeGone 01-21-2004 04:32 PM

Sorry the hear that you are feeling horrible. I just felt a little different but not horrible. I think in the long run my body will be much happier but right now a big loaf of bread with butter on it sounds pretty good. I guess I can have the butter...

debs7 01-21-2004 04:44 PM

A huge plate of spaghetti alfredo with garlic bread is what I'm craving right now. But, hey the turkey rollup is just as good, right?!!! :) My body just needs to get over it and accept its new way of life.

Ruthxxx 01-21-2004 05:10 PM

ButtBeGone Hey! Sorry but no butter. Have you read the Phase Food Lists in the FAQ section?
Debs, welcome to The Beach. Your body will adjust. If you are accustomed to a lot of white carbs, it will take longer but hang in there.

debs7 01-21-2004 05:17 PM

Thanks Ruth! I appreciate the support!! :)

ellis 01-21-2004 07:02 PM

Welcome, Buttbegone and Debs! :wave:
Most of us suffered from a wicked headache the first few days, but it'll pass.
Debs, you're detoxing right now. Your body is CRAVING sugar... don't give in to it, girl! Those feelings will pass, and you'll feel great!

RealtorRose 01-22-2004 10:22 PM

Howdy :wave:

Welcome...I'm new as well. Love you name :lol: Belated Birthday wishes :hb:

Rose

spamtravels 01-23-2004 08:51 AM

I'm just finishing Phase I

The first 4 days was tough. I was really tired, out of sorts, headaches, irritable, HUNGRY (even though I was eating plenty and on plan) and craving lots of bad stuff. Then, on the evening of the 4th day, I just started to feel better. DH is also following the plan and he started feeling better on the 3rd day.

Amy