South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 09:56 PM   #1  

Default Cheese Dilema!!

I love cheese...I have not found any low fat cheese that is decent. Someone suggested Laughing Cow - I was not sucessful in finding that, but I will try a larger store.

I also love Chevre (almost more than red wine, well ok, not that much ) - the Chevre I buy does not list any nutritional information....anyone know if this is extremely high fat????

Any other suggestions would be great!!!
Old 10-20-2003, 02:48 AM   #2  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Gmamary, here is what I could find about chevre:

Fromage & Chevre Logs: Pasteurized cultured goat milk, kosher salt and microbial enzyme (rennet)
Nutritional Facts: Serving size 2 tbsp. (1 oz. or 28g), calories 60, calories from fat 45, total fat 5g (8% daily value), saturated fat 2.5g (13% dv), cholesterol 20mg (7% dv) sodium 65mg (3% dv), total carbohydrate 1g (0% dv), dietary fiber 0g, sugars 0g, protein 4g.

I think you might enjoy Laughing Cow Light, as it is a french style cheese flavored with Swiss and Gruyere...very creamy and spreadable. Each wedge is 3/4 of an ounce, and has 25 calories, and just over 1gr of fat. (Had a hard time finding nutritional info on this for some reason, so this may be off!)

As for not liking low fat cheese, you can just made adjustments. Eat a bit less cheese, or cut back on fat elsewhere in your diet. You can also opt for strong flavored cheese such as parmesan or feta because you can use a lot less of it and still get a great flavor.

I use cheese made from 2% milk in omelettes and on scrambled eggs, but I use pretty small portions. I guess it all comes down to how much you like your cheese!

As for finding Laughing Cow Light in your area, keep checking around. I know a lot of folks have had to try different stores before finding it. I have also heard some people say it was in an "odd" spot at the grocery, so you might ask if they carry it.

Hope this helps!

I hope this helps a bit!
Old 10-21-2003, 01:04 AM   #3  
WW Moderator

In my grocery store, it is always on the top shelf, over the cream cheese. They are small packs, either in flat, round cartons, or in little mesh bags. Not easy to see unless I am looking for it.
Closed Thread