South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 08:39 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Just Chat - Monday, October 13

This is still my weekend and the weather is still absolutely gorgeous!

Right now I am running a therapy bath for myself and am going to soak in there for a while with my second coffee and my book. You chicks can sit on the deck for coffee this morning. I'll leave the window open in the bathroom and can hear you so no gossip about me.

I took it pretty easy yesterday although I did get a bit involved in helping my neighbour, Steve, wallpaper. Guys sometimes get a really helpless look and you just have to step in and help. I did a few strips and got him going. It looked pretty good by 5 PM. I think he's a convert.

The needles are falling off my big pine - normal for this time of year - and I need to gather them up this morning, otherwise I end up with needles, leaves and dog poop which is a messy combo. Gotta keep on top of this stuff. Beautiful morning for raking.

Hey, I still have lots of raspberries! The killing frost missed them. Picking them will be on the list today.

What's happening in your part of the Beach?
Old 10-13-2003, 09:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Good mornin It's a pretty good one for a Monday. I went for a 40 minute walk this morning and feel pretty good. Although I wish my weekend were a lil longer. I felt like I got no sleep whatsoever.

Plus I didn't lose any weight from last week But as I always say...this is a new week so it's time to start anew

Enjoy your therapy bath. I sure could use one!

Have a great day!
Old 10-13-2003, 09:19 AM   #3  
Imagine...

Just a quick

Hugs to all
Old 10-13-2003, 09:32 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Sounds pretty darned good down in Delta, Ruthie.

Motts, if you lived in Canada, you'd be having a longer weekend right now.

My MIL just dropped over. Geez. 9 o'clock in the freakin' morning on a holiday! Everyone but me was asleep, so I had to listen to her complain on the doorstep for 1/2 hour. (she wouldn't come in. Oh, no. She wouldn't want to put me out. She'd rather I freeze my butt off on the verandah)
I've never HEARD so much whinging! (well, not since the last time I saw her) She's a good person, but when she's miserable, she's miserable in a BIG way. I think she wants us to visit her today. She never actually comes right out and invites us. Just says something like, "Well, I bought a turkey breast and a ham, but I guess no one is going to eat it. I guess you're too busy to drop over for a sandwich today. It'll just be me at home. Don't worry. I'll be fine." Give me strength. I swear... wait, where am I... oh... South Beach. I'd better watch my language. I swear I married into a family of troglodytes. My DH must have been adopted.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:33 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi Sflake...

I just noticed an INCREDIBLE amount of whinging in my post.
So sorry, all...
Old 10-13-2003, 11:13 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Candian Chicks!!!

We are celebrating Columbus today here in US, which really just means that the government offices are closed, most businesses are opened.

We are in the middle of a grocery strike here, and it is getting ugly. There are several non union stores here in my area that makes things easier for me. I am pretty much stocked anyhow.

The morning here is beautiful. I woke up with a runny nose which means it was chilly. I listened to my hypnosis tape last night and have a very busy week, ending up in Santa Barbara.

I need to be more foucsed, I have not had a SV in about two weeks, I am following more of a maintenance way of eating right now, which is something that I can follow, but I need to get my butt in gear....not good to be here with still 70 pounds to lose ahead of me....

Ruth, the coffee is great, jealous of the bath....

Ellis, you weren't whining....we call it "Having a Communication" something that you need to just say to get it out of your mind, space, diffusing it so that it has no power over you......it is very healthy and you go at it!!

Have a great day ladies!!!
Old 10-13-2003, 12:34 PM   #7  
In Control: E+R=O

Ruth, what a great way to start your day!! I hope your bath was wonderful and that it gave you the therapy you were looking for.

MS24, you have such a great attitude! Good for you for not getting down on yourself for not losing last week. I wish I could be so positive all the time!

Hi sflake.... right back at ya!

Ellis, you go ahead and vent if you need to. You're always here to lend an ear (errr, I should say eyeball ) when one of us needs to vent, so you go ahead and let loose if you need to. I hope the rest of your day is going better.

Rowan, a grocery strike?? We've never had one here...what do they strike about? It doesn't sound like a good situation, I'm glad you're stocked up. I love your phrase "Having a Communication", I'm definitely going to have to remember that!!

I'm at work, eating my lunch as I check in here. No Columbus Day holiday for me!

I wasn't going to post this, but decided if I can't be honest with you all, my support system, than I'm not really being honest with myself. For the first time since I started SBD in July, I have gained a couple of pounds!! I was not a happy beacher when I stepped on my metal monster this morning. I'm so upset with myself, because for the past week I've been eating out of control. So starting today, it's back to Phase 1 for me.....I need to get myself back on track NOW, before I start to backslide. So if anyone wants to give me a cyber kick in the butt, I'll bend over for you!
Old 10-13-2003, 04:14 PM   #8  
Member Florida Chick

Two Dog: I'll kick you if you'll kick me. My date with the metal monster was also not pleasant. 2#s up. I have been just eating the Phase 2 plan, but guess I can't handle as many carbs as I have added. And it is so irritating, as my DH keeps losing with the same stuff I am eating. So Phase 1 it is.

Ruth: The morning routine sounded lovely. I'd love some of those raspberries. One of my favorites. Are your pine needels the very long kind? There is a craft her in the South using the long needles to make all sorts of cool things.

Ellis: What better place to vent than here with friends. She, your MIL, sounds like Fred Sanford, in that old TV program Sanford and Son,when he was always talking about the 'big one' holding his heart, when he didn't get his own way.
She sounds like a sad and lonly lady, and her own worst enemy.

Hi everyone. Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian chums. Lizzie
Old 10-13-2003, 04:58 PM   #9  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI ALL!!! Just got a call from the doctor's assistant, and my blood sugar is bordeline, so I have been told to "watch my diet a little closer." I have been completely out of control lately, so this is one more reason to get on track.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:13 PM   #10  
In Control: E+R=O

Lizzie, consider yourself kicked! I wonder if our metal monsters are talking to each other, since they both were up 2 pounds today! But we are not going to let this get us down....we will move forward. Phase 1, here we come!

Den, now is the time to get on track!! Don't let this progress on to diabetes (I'm fighting that battle also....was diagnosed as insulin resistant, which is one step away from diabetes). Let's both buckle down right now!!
Old 10-13-2003, 08:58 PM   #11  
Member Florida Chick

TwoDog- Den: I'm under the impression that when you need it the least is when the sugar cravings kick in, for those people who are battling with the pre-diabetes problems. I have a friend who is brittle diabetic, and she tells me that when her sugar is high that is when she wants more, and when she has too much insulin and needs sugar, people nearly have to force it on her. Have you heard this? We will continue to fight the good fight.

Dr. Phil was interesting today, as he was talking about emotional eating. Hard for people to really dig deep into the reasons for the overeating. He can be so sensitive to people, and kind, but on the other hand, he can tell it like it is and make people wake up.
Anyone esle see it today?

Good night all. Lizzie
Old 10-13-2003, 10:20 PM   #12  
Work in Progress

Den sorry about the results, but the good news is that there is stuff to do about it now, good for you.

Two, they are striking about benefits, the unions here have excellent benefits, but the stores becuase of competition are trying to cut back and the unions are not willing to back down.

The last time we had one it lasted for 5 days.

I had a meeting today during Dr. Phil, looking forward to watching it later...

rb
Old 10-13-2003, 11:27 PM   #13  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Thanks for the support everyone!

Lizzie-I'm new to all of this, but I HAVE been craving sweets more in general the last few years. Never really used to be in to them!! I watched Dr. Phil today too. i need to start working on the emotional issues myself. WOW! He doesn't pull any punches! Sometimes I cringe while watching him, but he is generally right ON the mark!!!

2Dog-YUP! I've been making lots of excuses and putting off really dealing with all of this, and now I don't really have any choice. I'm going to try to turn this into a GOOD thing and get serious and really deal with it!!!

Rowan-Hope you enjoyed the Dr. Phil show. I thought it was a good one today! Hope the strike doesn't last too long!!
Closed Thread