South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-03-2022, 07:01 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

PH1 - Day1
I weigh in this morning and sadly I gained 3lbs so I'm pretty much a few pounds away from my highest, 231lbs
I overslept this morning so I didn't go for a walk but I kept myself busy throughout the day. I also did some meal prep for the next few days: grilled chicken, chock-full-of veggies chili, garbanzos, steamed veggies, and I also chopped some veggies for breakfast (onions, tomatoes, and peppers)
So far no cravings but my body is used to not having sugar and carbs for weeks so I don't think cravings will be too bad, we will see...

B- scrambled eggs with green onions, tomatoes, and red peppers. I sprinkle a little bit of Mexican blend cheese. Coffee with milk and collagen.

L-Garbanzos cooked with peppers, onions, and tomatoes. Steamed broccoli and grilled chicken.

S- Not really hungry but I had a cup of coffee with milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

D- Salad (Romain lettuce, red onions, cucumber, tomatoes, half-boiled egg, and grilled chicken) ranch dressing and a little bit of chock-full-of veggie chili that I meal prepped for the next few day's lunches

And to end the day a cup of spearmint tea

MJMS- October will definitely be a better month for us, we can do this! yay, for the backsplash installation! what color did you choose? I find doing the grout so satisfying but not so much the clean-up. I hope it goes smoothly for you.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 12:42 PM   #32  

I totally forgot to post yesterday so here are my meals.

Day 2-
The morning weather was amazing, I really enjoyed my morning walk.
Steps: 12,963
Water:92oz
Yesterday's eating window 9:30am to 5:30pm
B- scrambled eggs with white and green onions, red and green peppers, and mushrooms. String cheese and coffee with half & half and collagen.
L- Chock-full-of veggies chili with chicken (so good)
S- coffee with half & half
D- same salad as yesterday with leftover Garbanzos.
I ended the day with Chamomile tea.

MJMS- how is the kitchen going?
Old 10-06-2022, 08:20 AM   #33  

Yesterday was good, I'm really enjoying the weather. I still have no cravings, however, I had a funny dream where someone was trying to give me some chocolate dessert and I kept telling her I didn't want it, and she forced it into my mouth

I skipped my walk yesterday because I had an early dentist appointment. I had all my intentions to go for a walk in the evening but it didn't happen. I decided to not only post my meals here but I'm also taking pictures of everything I eat and posting them on the FB SBD Phase 1 group...it is really helping me to stay accountable.

PH1 Day3-

My meals are pretty much the same as the previous days. I try to keep it simple and easy since I don't like to cook

My eating window today 8:30am to 5:30pm

For lunch instead of chicken, I had pork loin with my soup. I cut it into small bite pieces and cooked them in the air fryer.
For dinner, I decided to have salmon with my salad and on the side steamed broccoli. I normally bake the salmon, but today I pan-fried it and I overcooked it it was really dry but still tasty, especially the skin.

I ended the day today with Chamomile tea.
Yesterday's steps: 8,852
Water: 64oz

MJMS- I hope you are doing ok
Old 10-06-2022, 09:26 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 206/173.8/140

Hi Muffin! I am hanging in there, but not really following my plan. The tile project is going VERY slowly. I apparently had picked out a tile that I thought was a simple pattern, fairly plain, but it turned out to have just enough shape that cleaning the mortar and the grout is painstakingly slow and tedious. It is a 3"x3" arabesque, also known as a Moroccan lantern shape. It also turned out to be an absolute nightmare to cut. It splits and chips really easily. Aughhh! We are getting there, but never again!

Your meals and steps are looking really good, Muffin! I am sure you are going to see your well-deserved rewards on the scale very soon!

I am so thrilled to see that this site is loading quickly again! It was getting so bad that I thought for sure that 3FatChicks was dying a slow death and would eventually just disappear. Thank you to the web masters and owners for updating and keeping it going!
MJMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 10:44 AM   #35  

MJMS- Sorry about the tile nightmare, just think how much you are going to love it when everything is done.

PH1 - D4
So far no cravings, but yesterday I was feeling a bit sleepy.

Yesterday's eating window 8:30am to 5pm

B- Same as in previous days
L- steak with onions and Romain lettuce with leftover Garbanzos and banana peppers
S- coffee with half & half and collagen
D- chicken breast, steamed green beans, and more banana pepper

Steps: 8,005
Water: 64oz

Today, I don't have much to do. I will probably try to meal plan for next week and clean my office which desperately needed.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:58 AM   #36  

Phase 1 - Day 5-

Eating window 10am - 6:30pm
B- Scrambled egg with veggies and leftover chicken. Coffee with half & half and collagen

L- Steak with onions. Salad (cabbage, cilantro, tomatoes, 1tsp of mayo, and lots of vinegar) topped with banana peppers

S- coffee with half & half

D- Crumbles (ground turkey, onions, shredded zucchini, sofrito, tomato sauce, and red pepper flakes) with mushrooms and green beans. Leftover salad and banana peppers.

Steps: 9519
Water: 70 oz
Old 10-09-2022, 11:02 AM   #37  

You are doing awesome, Muffin! Thank you for checking in so faithfully. I am still struggling here with healthy eating and exercise, so I don't have too much to post. If this backsplash ever gets finished and I get my kitchen back fully functional, that will help. I am struggling too, with being happy about the hubby doing this project, but hating that it is taking so very long and that I am so involved in and impacted by it when we could have paid to have it installed. It's an oh, well thing and I have to just press on and get over it! You'll hear the whooping all the way down in Florida when it is finally finished!
Old 10-10-2022, 01:16 PM   #38  

Hello MJMS- Keeping my fingers crossed here and sending you lots of hugs. I do hope the backsplash project end soon so you can see the finished project and enjoy it. Don't be too hard on yourself it is going to look amazing!

Yesterday was a really hard day for me, I had no motivation at all and didn't want to eat anything. My mind was tricking me into eating sweets but I stayed strong and just kept drinking water. I weigh in today and I'm down 4.6lbs. Not much plan for today, I need to menu plan so I can go grocery shop either tomorrow or Wednesday. I can't wait for PH1 to be over so I can eat fruit for breakfast. I'm starting to get tired of eggs.

Yesterday Meals
Day 7-
I woke up very late yesterday so I ended up skipping breakfast. I made a warm cup of coffee and sat on the patio to enjoy what was left of the morning breeze.
L- leftovers: green beans, broccoli, ground turkey, and lentils. It was good and very filling
S- Coffee with half & half
D- Salad (Romain lettuce, red onions, tomatoes, and boiled egg) grilled chicken and Ranch dressing
Old 10-13-2022, 09:11 AM   #39  

Super rainy and dreary day here. It has been so beautiful the last few days that I have become spoiled. I hope that it doesn't wash away the fall colors, but probably not since we are just starting to turn around here. I am still struggling with my eating and exercise as the backsplash project drags on. Ugh. Progress, but oh, so slow.

Muffin, 4.6 pounds gone is so awesome! Congratulations! You are proof that this way of eating works, if you work it. Yes, the eggs for breakfast do get tiresome. Sometimes it helps me to scramble them up with so many vegetables that the eggs become just a minor player in the dish for the protein. Savory ones like onions, mushrooms and peppers seem to work the best for me. Jimmy Dean has a turkey breakfast that's pretty good and Jones has a chicken breakfast sausage that's good, too. I get them at Costco. They make a good sub/addition to the eggs.

Hope everyone has a terrific day!