South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-21-2022, 07:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

MJMS- Do you have a FB account? I belong to a few SBD groups there. I know some of the people that used to post here and in another forum called LowCarbers (I think) moved there. This is the link to the one I read the most. https://www.facebook.com/groups/183797588321619 It has a lot of information. I have been thinking about posting my meals there but I just keep forgetting since I don't use FB much.

Today's meals

B- scramble egg with black beans, onions, red peppers, and a bit of shredded cheese.
- coffee with milk and collagen
L- crumbles (ground beef, shredded carrots, shredded zucchini, diced onions, cumin, and salt) with Jasmin rice
- potato chips
S- coffee with milk
D- I was still super full from lunch so I just had a green smoothie
- 2 cups of super greens (baby spinach, arugula, chard, and kale) 1/2 cup of parsley, 1/2 cucumber, 1 banana, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ginger, 8oz water, and 1 scoop collagen
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:49 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 206/173.8/140

Happy First Day of Autumn! 🍂🍁🍂

Thanks for the link to the Facebook group, Muffin. But I do not have a Facebook account, so I can't access it. Maybe one of these days, I'll join Facebook since so many businesses and local groups here use it. Your menu looks good to me, unfortunately so do the chips Not too big of a digression as you work on climbing back on the wagon! I won't post what I had yesterday, as that would fall under being a bad influence and not helpful!
Have a great South Beachy Day!
MJMS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:11 AM   #18  

Happy Friday!

I had a busy morning yesterday and totally forgot to post.
A few weeks ago I decided to find a part-time and yesterday I got a message for an interview today. I'm a bit nervous since I haven't worked in 17 years. I'm only looking for 15 to 20hrs a week something to keep me out of the house

No walk for me this morning (overslept) now I'm enjoying my cup of coffee before I have to drive DS2 to school.

Yesterday Meals
B- Green smoothie
L- Same as yesterday ( crumbles, rice, and plantain chips)
S- Coffee with half and half
D- Steamed broccoli with baked fish
Water- 92 oz
Steps- 12,297

MJMS- Autumn is my favorite season, but here in FL not so much. I lived for about 4 years in Georgia and loved this time... the change of leaves and crisp weather. I'm not a FB fan either, I only use it for a few groups.
Old 09-24-2022, 10:25 AM   #19  

Hello on a beautiful fall Saturday! It's finally turned cool here and there is lots of sunshine peeking through fluffy, white clouds making it perfect weather in my mind. I need to get out there today and get some exercise and enjoy it!

Yay for your interview, Muffin! They will be smart to grab you, so don't be too nervous! Nice number of steps and lots of water, also. Way to go!

My hubby had his eye surgery yesterday and it went really well. He is already seeing a huge improvement in his double vision and he feels pretty good, too. I am sure glad that it is over with, though. Maybe I can get out of the land of emotional eating and finally get back on track.

Have an awesome day, everyone and enjoy the weekend! Join us with your thoughts and experiences with the South Beach plan!
Old 09-26-2022, 09:19 AM   #20  

That was a fast weekend! And it sure is Monday! Not too bad a weekend, food-wise, but it sure could have been better. I need to take bigger baby steps, lol! It was cool enough that I had oatmeal for breakfast yesterday. I had gotten some Torani Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie syrup that I wanted to try. It was very good. Not too much spice. I find that a lot of the Pumpkin Spice flavored items have too much clove and/or nutmeg for my taste. They also have a Pumpkin Spice sugar-free syrup, but I avoided that one. Usually, I buy the caramel or the brown sugar cinnamon. I really like them in oatmeal when I am on Phase 2. I microwave the whole grain oatmeal with skim milk and sweeten and flavor it with the syrup. Quick and yummy.

Muffin, I am sure you had a busy weekend prepping for Ian. I am not sure where you are in Florida but stay safe! Be sure to check in and let me know how you and your family are doing when you get a chance!

Have a great day on the Beach, everyone! Make it a good one!
Old 09-26-2022, 09:46 AM   #21  

Good morning, the weekend here was crazy busy. I did pretty well until yesterday... I binge eat on sweets I had no sweets until yesterday. DH is having a colonoscopy today and I'm keeping a close eye on the storm. If classes get canceled for DS1 we might drive to Tallahassee to fetch him. I guess I will find out today. I'm in Central FL so not sure how is Ian going to affect us but we are prepared.

MJMS- I'm glad your husband is doing well from his eye surgery! It is funny that I don't like Pumpkin Pie flavored coffee but I do love everything pumpkin flavor.

I hope everyone have a fantastic Monday!
Old 09-27-2022, 09:07 AM   #22  

Good luck to your husband today with his colonoscopy, Muffin! The actual procedure is a breeze, but it's the prep that is yucky. And it is always good to hear that everything is all clear and I hope that is what your husband hears, too. Stay safe with Ian! The weather people seem to think that Tampa is going to get hit hard. Let's hope Ian weakens and they are wrong!

I got on the scale today and it sure wasn't good. I knew it wouldn't be and that's why I was avoiding getting on, but I knew from how my body felt and how my clothes were fitting that I was gaining since April. My daughter lost weight during her pregnancy, and I gained stress eating for her. As if eating would help. Sigh. Well, the baby is super healthy and so is she, so the only thing to do is to get grandma back on track!

I'm not a fan at all of flavored coffees, although I love how they smell. I use the syrup mostly in my oatmeal and sometimes when I bake a phase 2 treat, although I haven't done that in a long, long time. I've been indulging in what I think would probably be Phase 4 or 5 treats. Ugh!

I am waiting on a wasp exterminator that the condo association is sending to check the eaves. They are hoping that they can get to where they think is a nest from our balcony. Unfortunately for them, I don't think that they can, but they are going to check. Better them than me!

Have a great day everyone! We are on tap for a beautiful fall day with lots of sun and a high of 68. Perfect weather, if you ask me!

Old 09-28-2022, 02:32 PM   #23  

DH did really well on his colonoscopy. Yesterday, DH drove to FSU and got our son back home. I'm glad he is home, but I think it would have been better for him to stay there. So far the weather is not too bad, but it is supposed to start getting really bad in a few hours. I just feel really bad for all the people in FortMyers and Sarasota

MJMS, Stress eating is the worst, but I know you'll get back on track in no time. I'm glad your daughter and her baby are fine. How old is the baby now?
Old 09-29-2022, 09:55 AM   #24  

Muffin, I am thinking of you and hoping that you and your family are safe! Glad to hear that your husband did well with his colonoscopy. Hard to know what it is best to do about your son coming home when you don't know exactly where and what a storm like Ian will do. I do know that the dorms are awful if the power goes out. Fun at first like a pajama party, but then the food situation and internet access are a big problem. Not to mention no elevators if you are on an upper floor. Hopefully you made the right call.

I am hanging in there. I have started my walking again the last few days. I have definitely lost stamina since slacking, though. Thanks for the well wishes about the baby. He is 4 1/2 months now. My daughter was lucky and had a nice long maternity leave. She just went back to work now, but it was still hard for her to leave him!

Check in when you have a chance and let us know how you are doing, Muffin! I'm sending you and all of Florida good thoughts and prayers!
Old 09-29-2022, 04:01 PM   #25  

MJMS- thanks for the well wishes, we are safe. I'm not going to lie it got really scary thru the night, but thanks to God nothing happened to us or our family. There is some flooding in our neighborhood but nothing to worry about. Orlando doesn't seem to be too bad either compared to other towns My heart really breaks for all those people in Fort Myers, Sanibel, and Naples.

Your daughter was lucky to be able to stay so long on maternity leave, I can imagine how hard must be for her to go back to work.

Old 09-30-2022, 09:21 AM   #26  

Muffin, I am so glad that you and your family are safe! Those strong winds and heavy rains can be super scary and so dangerous! It is hard to believe some of the pictures that are coming out of Florida. Those poor people that have lost everything. It's just awful. Now Ian is heading up the coast toward the Carolinas and they are expecting more damage. We are going to get rain all weekend, but nothing bad. We are lucky. Continue to stay safe and I hope that your damage and cleanup is minimal.
Old 10-03-2022, 11:19 AM   #27  

Good morning, I can't believe that September is gone!
We had a busy week but were very grateful that nothing happened to us during hurricane Ian. On Friday, we celebrated DS1's 19th birthday. He loves seafood so we cooked snow crab (his favorite) and shrimp boil and yesterday we drove him back to FSU. The traffic in the morning was great but on the way back we got a lot of traffic and congestion. I was so tired and achy that I went to bed at 8pm and slept until 9am this morning. This never happens but I guess my body needed the recovery from all the stress from Ian.

MJMS- how was your weekend?

With the new month comes new goals and my goal for this month is to stay 100% on plan starting with PH1. My sugar dragon is out of rage and needs to be tamed. I'm tired of feeling so tired and achy, I really need to make a change and start enjoying my life.

Let's have a great start of the week!
The golden opportunity you are seeking is in yourself -Mery Engelbreit
Old 10-03-2022, 11:23 AM   #28  

Wow, I can't believe that it is October already! September flew by! Ian ushered in cool and rainy weather around here, but we can't complain about that when so many people are suffering so much more from Ian's effects.

Food plan-wise, I am doing slightly better. We are back in the throes of backsplash installation. We are currently grouting, so that puts the kitchen mostly out of commission. But at least the end is in sight. After that, I will have run out of excuses to really buckle down. I am so mad at myself for gaining a big chunk of what I lost back. But apparently not mad enough to have prevented it from happening in the first place. I need to find my motivation to stay committed no matter what. Maybe this fall will be the charm?
Old 10-03-2022, 11:24 AM   #29  

Muffin, I hope that you are doing okay. Check in when you have a chance. I am sending you good thoughts!
Old 10-03-2022, 11:26 AM   #30  

Hey Muffin! Glad to hear that you are doing okay! We were posting at the same time! I bet you need some recovery time from Ian. I hope the achiness and tiredness lets up for you soon. It is an awful place to be in. October WILL be better, for both of us!