South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-01-2022, 11:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/173.8/140

Wink South Beach July/August 2022

Happy July, Everyone! Time is flying! Here is a link to our last thread: https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sou...diet-chat.html

It's going to be a hot one here today. They say that we are going up to 93 degrees with thunderstorms later and high 80's and 90's for the rest of the weekend. The beaches are going to crowded and it should be good weather for the 4th of July fireworks and cookouts.

Weight-wise and eating plan-wise, I am not doing so hot, though. I am really struggling to get back into the right frame of mind and feel motivated. I can feel the weight that I put back on and it doesn't feel good. I also feel like I have replaced some muscle with fat. Not good. Hopefully, posting here will at least get me back into thinking about healthy eating and exercise and I'll get back to doing it!

Feel free to jump in and talk about your experiences with any version of the South Beach Diet and how you are getting and keeping motivated. I sure could use and !
MJMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 08:28 AM   #2  

🧨 🧨 Happy July 4th! 🧨 🧨 We are supposed to have great weather today, Perfect for fireworks viewing and cookouts!

Weight is down a bit, so we are moving in the right direction. I got out for a walk in the cool of the early evening yesterday. Not as long of one as I was doing a couple of months ago before I hurt my foot, but it was a start. Now to keep the momentum going!

Hope that you all have a great holiday today! Join in and tell me about your day on the South Beach!
Old 07-17-2022, 06:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Hello MJMS, how are you doing? I'm so happy you are back to posting

I haven't posted in a long time. I was doing good but slowly I started eating more sweets and carbs and the weight is creeping back up
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 01:27 PM   #4  

Hi Muffin! Good to hear from you! It's the same here. I am really having a hard time getting my eating and exercise back under control and the weight is creeping back on. Ugh. Well, I am going to keep trying and maybe one of these days it will click again and I will be back to losing. I sure won't be if I give up!

Are your boys enjoying their summer? Are you getting ready to send one of them to college this fall? I have been seeing all the ads selling stuff to outfit your dorm room. It seems too soon, but I guess it really isn't depending upon the college start date.

Check back in when you can and maybe Lisaward will check in along with some new friends to get us motivated again!
Old 07-18-2022, 05:27 PM   #5  

My plan was to start walking again this morning but that didn't happen. I need to go grocery shop tomorrow, I have no veggies in the house except for carrots and the house is full of chocolates

The boys are enjoying their Summer, but I feel bad because we didn't plan anything for them except a short trip to the beach (4 days) Mom, sister, and nephew are visiting so making good food choices are a bit hard since they want to eat most of the time. The oldest boy is getting ready to move out, and I'm getting stressed out making sure we get him all the stuff he needs for his dorm. I'm very happy for him though, this will be a good experience and I know he is going to do great.
Old 07-19-2022, 01:09 PM   #6  

Gee, I wrote a reply yesterday, but I guess it didn't post. The site has been extremely slow loading for me, too. The main page comes up, but when I click on a thread, it takes what seems forever to load. Weird.

Sounds like a busy time for you, Muffin! I wouldn't worry too much about planning things for your boys. My experience has been that they enjoy hanging out with their friends a lot, too. Especially the summer before they head off to college. And having company makes it very difficult to stick to a food plan, that's for sure. Every day seems like a holiday. And I have been through the stress of packing the first one off to college. But you are correct, he will do great! It is a joy to see them mature, but hard to send them off.

I just got off a fun video call with the new grandson. What fun! He is two months old and smiling and cooing. He has the chubbiest cheeks and thighs with lots of dimples. And most importantly healthy after a tough pregnancy. I have cleaning to do today getting ready for an electrician to come and give us an estimate on a few projects around the house. That will at least give me some good exercise!

Hope everyone has a great day and try to stay cool!
Old 07-19-2022, 02:10 PM   #7  

Good afternoon, not much done so far today. Mom and sister went to visit my brothers in TX and they are coming back this Saturday so I'll be having a few quiet days. This morning I had a doctor's appointment and now I'm glad I'm back home, it is so hot outside. I have some laundry and cleaning to do this afternoon, I also need to go grocery shop but I'm not sure if I will do it today or tomorrow morning.

MJMS- Congrats on your new grandbaby!
Old 07-20-2022, 10:13 AM   #8  

Good morning, I had an early start today (blood work) and now I'm back home having breakfast.
I decided I'm going to take one day at a time and not stress out too much about my diet Today, I'm going to focus on not eating sweets and drinking at least 80 oz of water. We don't have much planned for today, I have chores to do and grocery shop. I really don't want to go out today, our heat index is 107F I have food for the boys but I really need veggies, so we will see.

MJMS- what are your plans for today, do you know what are you having for lunch or dinner? Today I'm craving beans and I think I have some frozen that I cooked last week so I might have that for lunch and maybe a salad for dinner.

Old 07-21-2022, 12:26 PM   #9  

Happy Wednesday! not much to report today, I'm finally going to the grocery shop this afternoon Hopefully, I will have enough energy to meal prep today and if not I will be doing it tomorrow morning.

Yesterday, I ended up having some sweets (chocolates) and only drank 60oz of water. Let's hope I can make better choices today.
Old 07-22-2022, 02:07 PM   #10  

Crazy busy week and I didn't get back here. Lots of appointments and odds and ends. We got the estimate for the electrical work we need done and found someone we like. I hope it works out. It is expensive, but it will be worth it to have it completed by a professional. I've been shopping for lights, ceiling fans, a whole house surge protector and switch plates and plugs. Kind of time consuming. I can't imagine picking out everything for a new build, although it might be fun.

Muffin, I hope your grocery shopping went well and that you get good news from the doctor when your bloodwork comes back. And I hope you are enjoying your little reprieve from having company, although I know you enjoy having them, too. I know what you mean about the hot weather making you not want to venture out. We are supposed to get to 93 today and it is sunny and humid. Now they are saying 99 for Sunday. Thank goodness for whole house air conditioning! We had window units in our old house, and I was glad for them that's for sure, but the whole house is so much more even and comfortable. It even seems to cost less to run over the course of the summer which was a surprise to me.

My eating has not been great still. I am working toward more veggies and water today. Baby steps for sure, and not enough for weight loss, but it will keep the gaining in check.

Have a great day, everyone! And stay cool!
Old 07-26-2022, 09:38 AM   #11  

Well, that update here on the site yesterday seemed to have changed the look a bit. I am not seeing anyone's avatars, but I was able to log in this morning without a problem. The site is still loading fine, but the individual threads, like this one, are still loading slower than before. But as long as I can get in and post, it's all good! Every time something like this happens, I worry that it is the end of the forum, like so many others I used to visit in the past.

Healthy eating and exercise are still not happening with regularity. I am having a real struggle getting back on plan here. I have added more veggies, so that's good. I need to harden my resolve and do a major pantry cleanout. And an only healthy food grocery run so I am forced to eat only good things. Stress eating is taking over, and hubby is not helping. He hit the Costco the other day and came home with too much tempting junk. I guess maybe we are both stress eating, now that I think about it. Hopefully, the electrician gets to work soon and maybe that will ease the stress a bit. At my age, you'd think I would have figured out that food doesn't fix stress, it just adds another set of problems!

Hey, Muffin! I hope that you are enjoying your company and are having more success than I am!
A shoutout to everyone else reading to feel free to join us!
Old 08-10-2022, 07:24 AM   #12  

Good morning ladies,
I am happy to see you both kept this forum going. i have not been doing well with weight. it has gone up. Time to get back on the beach. starting day 3 phase one today. how are you all doing?
lisaward4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 06:37 PM   #13  

Good evening ladies, I have been super busy these past few weeks. My oldest son is already moved in and we just got back to Orlando this afternoon. My sister went back to Colombia 2 weeks ago and my Mother will be leaving next week. I have not been doing well with my diet and I really need to get back on track.

Lisaward- I'm so glad you are back how is it going? are you still on Ph1?
MJMS- I'm definitely a stress eater and with family over and my son moving out was really hard to be on track. How are you doing? I hope the electrician was able to do the work.
Old 08-22-2022, 10:25 AM   #14  

Good morning how was everyone's weekend?

I'm back to my normal routine, except that this school year I'm waking up an hour later (6:30am) because DS2 doesn't start HS until 9 am. I went for a short walk with the dog before the sun started shining. Not much plan for today, I just need to go grocery shopping before it gets too hot. Today is supposed to be another scorching day (heat index 105, I think ) and stormy, you got to love Summers in FL

My plan for this week:
  • Drink at least 84oz water daily
  • 1 mile morning walks with Muffin (my dog)
  • Eat Phase 2 meals
  • Read 10 pages daily
  • Go to sleep before 10pm
MJMS and Lisa how are you ladies doing, do you have a plan for this week?
Old 08-23-2022, 12:00 PM   #15  

Happy Tuesday!

I had a good day yesterday, I drank all my water and technically I stayed on plan. However, I feel I ate too many carbs for dinner
Yesterday, I went grocery shop and today I'm planning on making some meal prep for the week.
  1. Sweet potato hash (sweet potato, kale, red onions, and red peppers) I was also going to add mushrooms but forgot to buy them I'm planning on eating this with a fried egg for my breakfast.
  2. Ground beef (grass-fed ground beef with onions, shredded carrots, spinach, and shredded zucchini) Some of the meat will be used with Tomato Basil sauce and Palmini (Hearts of Palm) spaghetti with a green salad.
  3. Fried Cauliflower "rice" (cauliflower, onions, green peppers, and Coconut Aminos) For my protein I will be using some of the leftover ground beef.
MJMS and Lisa what are you having for dinner tonight?