South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-25-2021, 08:50 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 206/173.8/140

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
MJMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 12:02 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Merry Christmas

Yesterday was really busy wrapping presents and cooking. I spent most of the day in the kitchen making Colombian food that we grew up eating on Christmas eve. Everything is fried and high in sodium, so you can imagine how happy the scale was today.

MJMS- I'm glad the colonoscopy went good and I hope you are enjoying your family today. It is scary how rapid this new variant is exploding, DH travels every week for work and we are always scared of him catching it. We decided to stay home and just enjoy a small Christmas lunch with the boys. They opted in for baked ham with Puerto Rican rice and gandules (pegeon pea) we forgot to get dessert so in a way is good because we ate too much-fried food yesterday. After lunch, we are going to play a board game call Risk that DS1 requested for a Christmas present.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 07:36 AM   #18  

Today really feels like a Monday after a holiday weekend! We are having a beautiful sunrise this morning, but I think we are in for a rainy, drizzly day today. Christmas was very nice, and the food has been very yummy but not so good healthy eating-wise. It's getting to be time to clear the fridge and pantry and get back on track. I have to keep reminding myself that it is harder to lose than not gain.

Muffin, I hope that your Christmas was nice, too. Your Christmas Eve sounded delish! My daughter had a friend growing up who made the best rice and pigeon peas. She was of Puerto Rican heritage and my daughter was always happy to be invited to dinner when it was on the menu. I suspect that her mom would plan to make it when she invited my daughter since she was such a fan.

It seems that this thread is down to the two of us lately, Muffin. Maybe some other posters will come back, or we will get some new ones when New Year's comes. In either case, I need to continue to fight having the same body shape as this guy into 2022, so I will try to keep posting and being accountable!
Old 12-31-2021, 09:52 AM   #19  

Last day of December and the last day of 2021! Weight-wise, 2021 wasn't a rousing success, but there was success. I am down 11.2 pounds for the year. It would have been an even 15, if I had been able to keep my lowest low from November, but that low, even at the time, seemed like a low reading from the scale that morning. Although, I think that 3 of those pounds I put back on definitely came from Thanksgiving to Christmas overeating and lack of exercise. And if I had been more vigilant, I could have exceeded that low. Time for a new year and a new resolve!
I'm going to start a new thread for January and February 2022 and I hope that anyone interested in any version of the South Beach Diet will join me there! Let's put 2021 in the past and make 2022 our year to get healthy!