South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-16-2021, 12:57 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 206/171.8/140

Happy Tuesday! I forgot to weigh before coffee, so I skipped it today. I am guessing that it is probably around the same. I had a hair appointment this morning and I was way overdue. It feels good to have some of that straggly length trimmed off and shaped up. I wear it in a chin length bob and it will speed up the drying and fussing time just a little bit. It got chilly here last night but the sun is shining brightly. I need to get out for a walk today. What's up with everybody else? I can't believe the month is half over already! Yikes!

Have a great day and I hope you continue to feel better every day Muffin!
MJMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 09:21 AM   #62  

TGIF! And yikes, what a number on the scale! And not in a good way. Sigh. I sabotaged myself yesterday by having a bagel for breakfast. I didn't even have protein with it and I just set myself up for being hungry and craving all day long. Which I didn't fight. I know better. But, back to it today and keep working the plan!

I still haven't tackled that darn linen closet yet. Maybe that clutter is making me fat? Couldn't be my eating, But, I did get a couple of bags off to Goodwill and did get rid of at least 5 pillows that were hanging around here past their useful life. Sometimes you just can't clean them anymore and have them come out without all kinds of lumpiness. Time for them to go.

I was supposed to have overnight guests for Thanksgiving, but now the grands are sick. Not unusual at 2 and 4 years old but I am not sure if they will be well enough to come after all. Their parents may just need to stay home a recoup and regroup, too, and I sure don't blame them. If not, we may go there after the Thanksgiving traffic slows down on Saturday for the day. We will see.

Muffin, I hope that you are doing well and that your Thanksgiving plans for travel are going smoothly! Shoutout to Lisaward and Amma Heather! And to anyone else reading! Join in, if you feel like it. You are always welcome (Unless of course you are spamming! )

Happy weekend!
Old 11-19-2021, 08:38 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good evening! This week has been really crazy with school events, but I'm glad that today is Friday. We are flying tomorrow early and everyone is ready except for me I still need to pack. I'm also trying to finish the last row of the baby blanket I'm making for my nephew.

Food-wise I been eating pretty well, however, last night we went to a Thai restaurant for dinner. The food was delicious but today I'm paying the prize the scale was up almost 1lb.

MJMS- I'm sorry your Thanksgiving plans got canceled. I do hope the grands get better soon.

I'm not sure if I will be able to post next week.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:55 AM   #64  

What a Monday here! Gray and a bit chilly, but there's lots to do to get ready for Thanksgiving this week. I haven't weighted in a couple of days. Never a good sign! I've been eating things with too much salt and I can feel that higher number that I don't want to see. Time to rein it in!

Muffin, I hope that you had a safe trip to Texas and that you are settled in and relaxing! My company is coming after all now so I have some prepping for their visit to get done before Wednesday. It is the first time that we have had guests since all the lockdowns began in March of 2020. I'm out of the groove! Well, it will all work out. It always does, lol!

Hope everyone has a productive Monday and a great rest of the week!
Old 11-24-2021, 09:53 AM   #65  

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow! My grands are able to make it after all, so I might be busy tomorrow. They are 2 1/2 and almost 4 1/2. I think that Monday will be time enough for the scale, although they will keep me busy enough that it might not be too bad. Depends upon my restraint with snacking. I will try to be mindful!
Hope that you are having a great time with family in Texas, Muffin! And to everyone else, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Old 11-29-2021, 11:09 AM   #66  

Happy Cyber Monday! I'm not shopping today, although my inbox is full of store ads wanting me to buy, buy, buy! I haven't seen anything that jumped out at me yet, so I guess I won't be participating. Weigh in today was not pretty. I am hoping that at least some of what I saw is water retention after this holiday weekend. And it was a very nice weekend, but it still would have been a nice weekend if I ate less. One of these days, I will learn! Today is a new day, and so far, so good, although it is only 10 am. Still, I resisted sharing the last sweet roll this morning, so that is progress.

I was just reading an article from the New York Times about how a lower carb diet, basically it sounded like the South Beach phase 2, was good for maintaining good cholesterol and other markers of a healthy body. They mentioned that the diet they used in the study was lower carb utilizing high quality carbs from whole fruits, vegetables, beans, legumes and other plants, along with lots of good fats, and about 20% protein. Kind of a Mediterranean diet but not really low carb, high animal fat keto. So, more reassurance that if I stick to this way of eating it will be good for more than just my weight. Now to do it consistently!

I hope that your Thanksgiving trip was wonderful, Muffin! And I hope everyone else reading this had a great weekend, too. Yikes, it is almost December!