South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-15-2021, 10:52 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Happy Friday!
The foot pain is less everyday but I still can't walk or stand up in the same place for too long before pain gets worse. My doctor won't be able to see me until next week. Tomorrow we have a visit to UCF so that means lots of walking. DH is going with us so if pain gets too bad I will go to the car and wait for them to finish the tour. I don't have much plan for today just some house chores. For lunch I'm making the chock full of veggies chili from the SBD supercharged book, I adding ground turkey and will be having it with cabbage salad.

MJMS- Send us some Fall weather temperatures here today we are supposed to be in the high 90s I remembered that I have whole 30 meatloaf recipe that made a few years ago and it was very delicious. I have to see if I can adapted to SBD phase1. I'm there with you, I keep trying to commit to ph1 but it is harder this time around.
Lisa- you are doing great! I keep forgetting to post my meals but I'm really struggling staying on ph1. I keep eating too many carbs.
AmmaHeather- emotional eating is the worse. I really hope you find a job soon.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:33 AM   #32  

Lately, I have been craving meatloaf and I found this recipe on the Palm SBD website, have any of you try it before? do you have any good meatloaf recipes do you recommend?
https://palm.southbeachdiet.com/recipes/meatloaf/

I hope everyone is having a great day today![/QUOTE]

good morning everyone- this is the one i use. it is my favorite!
  • 1 large onion, very finely chopped
  • cooking spray
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 large egg
  • 4 ounces rf cheddar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup sf Ketchup ( i use g. hughes from walmart or make my own)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sauté the onion in the cooking spray in nonstick pan over medium high heat until softened and golden. Remove from heat to cool.

In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, cheddar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, Worcestershire, 1/4 cup ketchup and the cooled cooked onions until well blended. Turn out into small baking dish and form using your hands into a narrow slightly flattened loaf shape. (or use a loaf pan)

Bake 30 minutes, remove from oven, smear with remaining ketchup, return to oven and cook to an internal temperature of 155 degrees, an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Allow meatloaf to rest 15 minutes before cutting into one inch slices.

the cheese and the egg act as a binder. no bread crumbs or carby stuff needed. think i am going to have this tomorrow. i usually have steamed broccoli and green beans with this if on phase one. yummy!!!
lisaward4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 01:27 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amma Heather View Post
Good morning everyone. Yes I am following the original SBD. I am really struggling today due to my emotions. I put in notice at my job 3 weeks ago and tomorrow is my last day. I keep watching my department fall apart due to poor management and I had to walk away. A few of my coworkers are following me out the door. I need to cut myself free and know it. However, I do not have another job lined up yet even though I have been interviewing. Things will be fine financially but I feel bad about Christmas being short most likely. There is a box of Ritz crackers on top of the fridge calling me from downstairs LOL. I am doing okay though down 1.5 pounds so far this week. I actually gained the first day and lost that again in addition to the 1.5 so I feel I am doing okay. No cheats so far because this really feels like the only thing I am in control of lately. I so look forward to getting to know you all and will make a better effort to check in. If you have any questions about me feel free to ask! Have a great day!
good afternoon heather. so glad to see your post. good for you for leaving a toxic work environment. even though changes are hard, i admire you for making the best choice for yourself. i really dont think you will have a hard time finding something else. employers are begging for help everywhere and are offering better benefits, better pay, along with sign on bonuses.

emotional eating is something that i struggle with all of the time and really am trying work through. I wish i had some pointers for you. when i am on plan i journal, talk to my husband or friends, exercise or pray. It seems to help quite a bit. when not on plan i really stay to myself and dont do any of that. Congrats on the fantastic weight loss. shows you are doing amazing with the emotional eating.
please keep posting. lokking forward to getting to know you thru your posts
Old 10-15-2021, 01:31 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Happy Friday!
The foot pain is less everyday but I still can't walk or stand up in the same place for too long before pain gets worse. My doctor won't be able to see me until next week. Tomorrow we have a visit to UCF so that means lots of walking. DH is going with us so if pain gets too bad I will go to the car and wait for them to finish the tour. I don't have much plan for today just some house chores. For lunch I'm making the chock full of veggies chili from the SBD supercharged book, I adding ground turkey and will be having it with cabbage salad.

MJMS- Send us some Fall weather temperatures here today we are supposed to be in the high 90s I remembered that I have whole 30 meatloaf recipe that made a few years ago and it was very delicious. I have to see if I can adapted to SBD phase1. I'm there with you, I keep trying to commit to ph1 but it is harder this time around.
Lisa- you are doing great! I keep forgetting to post my meals but I'm really struggling staying on ph1. I keep eating too many carbs.
AmmaHeather- emotional eating is the worse. I really hope you find a job soon.
hi muffin- i have missed the past few days too. no worries. i have been on track but between work everyday chores and helping my husband put up our shed in the yard i really havent had a chance to post as much as i would like.

it is wonderful to see all of your posts. hope to hear from you soon.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:30 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 206/173.8/140

Happy Sunday! The scale and I are not speaking and it is my own fault, lol! I said to my husband before we had the canned soup with supper that it was a salt bomb and it was! And the handful of pretzels later did not help the situation. I need to stop buying this stuff and then I can't eat it. I know I need more fresh vegetables and fruits, so why don't I do it? Today is a new day and I will do better (I hope).

The weather is supposed to be lovely. A lot of sun, a little clouds and in the mid 60's. I need to get outside somewhere today and enjoy it. The leaves are just starting to turn here. A little later than usual and the season for enjoying them is always too short. Plus the walking is good for me.

Muffin, how did the tour of UCF go? I hope your foot held out and it wasn't too painful. What I remember from our college touring days was that both of my kids seemed to know pretty quickly from the tour whether a school was a go or not. And I also remember the walking! Nothing like being led by a healthy 18-22 year-old. It felt more like this: My son did a couple of years of giving those tours at his school and one of the requirements was to be able to walk backwards, look at your tour group and talk as you toured. He got really good at it!

Lisa, your meatloaf recipe looks good, too! Good for you for being on track the last few days! I think shed building counts as exercise for sure. I hope it turned out well. I know my hubby would like a shed but we are in a condo now and don't need one really. But if we had one, I am sure he would find stuff to fill it with!

Amma Heather, I hope things are going well for you. It sounded like you were off to a great start! I need to follow your example. More and more I am thinking that I need a strict phase 1 to get back on track and get rid of the cravings. Also, a good phase 1 clean out of my kitchen and pantry would be a good idea.

Next week we are dog sitting the grand-dog for a week. She is a 50+ pound Australian Red Heeler mix and needs to have a good long walk at least twice a day. That should help get the weight loss moving in the right direction, if I cut out the junk!

Have a great Sunday everyone and post when you can! If you are new, feel free to jump in and say hello. We'd love to have you join us! 🎃
MJMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 11:54 AM   #36  

Good morning, we had a good weekend. The UCF tour went fine we learned a lot. We thought it was going to be a regular college tour but we signed up for the Knight for a Day . so it was a lot of talking and a bit of walking. This was good for us because UCF is not DS1's first choice, but they did cover a lot of info that we were not aware of and it was very helpful. At the end of the month, we are driving to Gainsville for a UF tour. This is DS1's prefer college. He was invited for a Gator Day at UF but it was going to be during a school day and DS1 doesn't want to miss a school day since most of his classes are AP.

Today, I'm feeling much better but I was scared to go for a walk. The weather this morning was in the high 60's which is the perfect weather for a walk and now I'm regretting my decision Our mornings this week are supposed to be in the high 60's so I'll see if go for a walk tomorrow.

Lisa- thanks so much for posting your meatloaf recipe. I might make it by the end of this week are you meal planning this week?
Amma Heather- how are you doing?
MJMS- sorry to hear about the salt bombs, it is so hard not to reach for the prepacked food. I hope you can make better choices this week.
Old 10-19-2021, 09:50 AM   #37  

Happy and Healthy Tuesday, Everyone! I hope your week started well and is continuing to be good!

I am still hovering up a bit on the scale. Boo! Eating is still so-so. But I did have several lovely walks lately in the cooler fall air. That was nice! Today, we pick up the grand-puppy to do some dog sitting for a few days. That should give me a couple of good walks a day. If I get my food in line, I should see a drop on the scale. Today I am doing a little baking to take to the grandson when we pick up the dog. I need to make sure that I don't get into it!

Muffin, I am glad your trip to UCF was successful, even if it isn't your son's top choice. With the AP classes and all the extracurriculars, I am sure that your boys are the kind of students that colleges are begging for! Hope you get some answers about your foot soon. I hate to think of you in pain.

Shout out to Lisaward and Amma Heather! Hang in there, ladies! Have a sunshiny Tuesday!
Old 10-19-2021, 01:41 PM   #38  

Happy Tuesday everyone! Yesterday, was a very productive day, I ended up the day with almost 15,000 steps. Today I'm taking it easy since I don't want to overdo it. The scale went down a little bit but I'm still up from last month. I haven't had any added sweets since last Wednesday and my cravings are really high today.

I hope everyone is doing good this week.

MJMS-I hope your grandson enjoyed your baked goods. My boys want me to bake them pumpkin bread and I keep putting it off because I'm afraid I won't be able to control myself.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:26 AM   #39  

Hump Day already? These weeks are going by fast! Didn't get on the scale this morning, but it is probably just as well after having Mexican at my daughter's yesterday for supper when we went to pick up the grandpuppy. So far so good with her! We had a nice long walk yesterday afternoon and we'll have at least 2 everyday until she goes back home on Saturday. Now, if I can rein in the eating, things will look good on the scale!

Muffin, yay for you for the scale going down! Stinks about the cravings, though. You have a lot of good distraction activities and I bet you can beat them! The baking went well, but the hubby did NOT pack all of them to go. Sooo not good because it's one of my favorites, oatmeal cookies. Speaking of needing distraction techniques...

Hello to Lisaward and Amma Heather! Hope everyone has a great day cruising toward the weekend and Halloween!
Old 10-22-2021, 08:57 AM   #40  

TGIF! I hope everyone is having a great Friday! My weight is still up slightly, but hanging around the same spot. It might have been lower this morning but I think supper was a little salty since my fingers are puffy this morning. I really need to stay out of the salty stuff! Today is a new day and water, water, water! I have my booster shot appointment for later this morning, so I am planning a low key weekend in case I am a little under the weather with a reaction. My hubby didn't even have much of a sore arm after his booster and I am hoping for the same thing. I've been working on the grocery list, too, as I need to get some vegetables in this house. No vegetables is never a good thing!

Muffin, Lisaward and Amma Heather, I hope you all have a great weekend! The leaves are just changing here in Maryland and the weather should be good, so it will be lovely here and I am hoping for the same for you!
Old 10-23-2021, 09:51 AM   #41  

Good morning, yesterday was a weird day, I wake up feeling super tired but I managed to do a lot around the house. I ended up going to be at 5 pm exhausted but didn't fall asleep until 9 pm. This morning I got out of bed at 8:30am (this usually never happens) I'm still feeling a bit tired but much better than yesterday.
Our plans for today got canceled because DS1 is still under the weather.

MJMS- I hope you are feeling ok after the booster. How are you doing with the grandpuppy?
Old 10-24-2021, 12:06 PM   #42  

Good Sunday Morning! I can't believe it is almost the end of October! Weight is still hovering around the same spot. A little down from a couple of days ago but not at my lowest. I wanted to be in the next decade at the end of September and now it's at the end of October and I am still in the same spot. I guess not gaining is good, but I am supposed to be losing! Get it together already!

The grandpuppy was very good, but now I am cleaning up hair. She is a wonderful dog in every way but what a shedder! No amount of daily brushing keeps her from shedding either, but that's okay. She's worth it! I was a little under the weather yesterday after my booster, but it was worth it for the extra peace of mind. It's a horrible disease if you get it. So many people have died and so many more have long term symptoms. Who would have imagined something like this two years ago?

Muffin, I am sorry to hear you are so tired out! I hope that you are not coming down with something or if you are, that your body is fighting it off with the extra rest. Your son didn't share, did he? I hope he is feeling better, too!

Hi to Lisaward and Amma Heather! Hope everyone has a great day and a successful week on the Beach coming up! Keep that evil Halloween candy out of the house!

Old 10-24-2021, 05:18 PM   #43  

Good evening!

MJMS- I'm in the same boat with you, I was hoping to be down at least 10lbs by October, and in the last 3 months I have only lost 3lbs. I keep losing and gaining the same 5lbs. I'm still feeling tired but I think is my hormones/stress playing with me. DS1 is doing really good today, he just had a cold. What kind of dog is your grandpuppy? We have a mini-schnauzer, he doesn't shed but he is very loud and barks at everything.

Yesterday I weigh-in in the morning and I was down 2lbs but we decided to have Mexican last night and this morning I was up 2.5lbs I think I'm going to have to change my official weigh-in to Saturdays, that way I can see a loss for the week I need to find a way to stop this roller coaster, having PCOS and a few autoimmune diseases are not helping either, but I can't use that as an excuse. I just need to suck it up and be more disciplined. Today, I have been eating well but I haven't drunk enough water.

Old 10-26-2021, 08:11 AM   #44  

Happy Tuesday! I can't believe that October is almost over and the holidays are upon us.

Yesterday was a quiet day, I had a biopsy done and I was a bit scared but so far everything is good, now is the mind game of waiting for the results. DS1 is finally starting to feel better but DS2 is now getting sick, which sucks because we are going to have to cancel the UF visit this Saturday, this is DS1 1st university choice. Today, I'm a bit sore from the biopsy but feeling good. I need to go grocery shopping and depending on how I'm feeling in the afternoon do some house chores.

How is your week going?
Old 10-26-2021, 03:14 PM   #45  

Happy Tuesday to you, too, Muffin! I am sorry that you needed a biopsy, but I am sending good thoughts, wishes and prayers to you! I don't blame you for feeling scared, but hang on to that feeling that things are good as hard as you can! That so stinks about DS2 getting sick now. Maybe his will be a short one and you will still be able to go on the college visit. DS1 is probably pretty excited for it since it is his first choice.

Not much new here diet-wise. Still hanging around the same number. I have a more intensive eye exam tomorrow and possibly a laser treatment on my eye either tomorrow or at a later date. We'll see what the doctor says. And my hubby needs to have surgery on a hernia next week. I am not looking forward to nursing him through that one! It shouldn't be bad as it is in and out, but I understand that it is painful for the first week or so. It's always something! I think I will just try to keep the weight stable and not add any more stress.

I did a quick Costco run this morning and saw that they had almond flour tortillas in the refrigerator section but didn't pick any up. Maybe next time. I am doing a grocery pick up tonight to fill the fridge for the rest of the week and hopefully into next week. And I didn't pick up any Halloween Candy! It sure was tempting, though. I really didn't need to, either, since we don't get any trick or treaters here. I'd be dipping into it and then moaning about the scale!

I hope you get good news soon, Muffin and that DS2 makes a quick recovery so your DS1's plans aren't spoiled.