South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-22-2021, 09:47 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning!
Well, the photo project was a fail, I didn't even open the files These photos are so intimidating, but today I'm determined to at least go thru DS1 first 2 years and select which one I want to add to a photo book.

MJMS- you should give crochet another try. You can find a lot of beginner tutorials in YT. I have 2 projects on the go, I'm making a blanket and a sweater, but my sister asked me to make her a baby blanket. She is due in 4 weeks.

Lisaward- how is it going?

Heading over to church now and then we need to stop for groceries. I hope you all have a great Sunday!
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 11:30 AM   #47  

Great stuff
cruizerdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 09:52 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 206/173.8/140

Monday morning already! The time is flying, it seems. Hope everybody is okay after Henri. He seemed tough to track exactly where he was going to land. The scale and I are still not friends. I have got to lay off the salty stuff and get back to plan. We did get out for a nice walk yesterday in the early evening when it finally stopped raining. That's a start and now to get the food on track.

Trying to organize photos is really intimidating, isn't it Muffin? Each photo requires so many steps and then there is the nostalgia attached. I hope you were able to meet your goal to get DS1's first two years started. Thanks for the tips on finding crochet tutorials. It seems like a good idea to try to keep my hands too busy to eat! Hope the grocery store was a success and not too crowded. Sundays can be a zoo around here! Hope your weigh-in this morning was great!

Lisaward, hope you are hanging in there and things are going well! cruizerdavis, welcome and tell us about yourself!

Let's all have a Beachy Day with lots of water, healthy food and some movement! If you're new, drop by and tell us about your interest in the South Beach Diet (whichever version you are following)!
MJMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 05:31 PM   #49  

Good evening!
I can't believe that August is almost over, you are right MJMS, it does seem like the time is flying. I had a good weekend, I did eat on plan but I guess I had too much of it or the salt content was too high because the scale was up 1lb this morning which puts me at 1.4lbs down from last week.

I started working with the photos yesterday but I'm going much slower than I thought. I have only done so far half a year. I'm glad that at least I started, now I just need to make sure I keep working on it.
Old 08-24-2021, 08:40 AM   #50  

Good morning! Yesterday our power was going on and off in the afternoon, but we never did find out why. It wasn't the weather because there were not storms around, it was just hot. What was weird was that when it came back on, only half of our outlets and lights were working. At first I was afraid that we were going to need an electrician because the power surge did something to the electric panel, but then we found out that our neighbors condos were the same way. It went completely out a couple of more times and then it all came back and has stayed on. I have never lived anywhere where that happened. You either had power or you didn't. Weird. The scale and I still are not friends although yesterday was a better eating day, except for the darn cashews I got into last night. At least they were the unsalted kind or it would have been worse this morning!

Muffin, congrats on the 1.4 down! That is not too shabby for week. Slow and steady wins the race! And good for you for getting started on your photo project, even if you didn't get as far as you hoped. Getting it organized and started is a big step for a project that size!

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!
Old 08-24-2021, 11:51 AM   #51  

Happy Tuesday! I wake up really tired this morning, not sure why because I slept all night. I'm supposed to take iron and B12 every morning due to anemia and lately, I haven't been too consistent with it. I guess my levels are low again, I guess I need to set up some reminders to make sure I take my supplements every morning.

I mostly eating on plan but I have been noticing that I'm eating more carbs than veggies I'm just being too lazy to cook and going with whatever is faster and easier. I need to find a balance again and maybe do some veggie prep for the rest of the week.

MJMS- I hope your power problems are all fixed. It could have been an electrical problem with the main electric line of your neighborhood.
Old 08-25-2021, 10:36 PM   #52  

Late post for me. I was up and out early to babysit my grandson today and just got back home a little while ago. What a nice day we had! Both he and the dog were well behaved and we played and laughed most of the day. He does my heart good! Eating was not so hot and I didn't weigh today. We'll see what tomorrow brings on the scale.

Muffin, boy do I hear you about eating easy carbs because of not feeling like cooking! I am hoping when the weather cools I will find my motivation to cook coming back. I bet you will, too. Did you take your supplements today? It is easy to forget, isn't it? I keep mine in a basket on the kitchen counter and take them right after I clean up the supper dishes. The basket makes them easy to stash to get them out of sight or out of the reach of the little ones when they come. Maybe having them where you can see them will help you remember, too.

Hope everybody had a good day today! See you Thursday!
Old 08-27-2021, 08:22 AM   #53  

There has to be something wrong with 3FCs forum. I know I posted yesterday and my post is gone oh well.

Good morning, TGIF I have mentioned yesterday that I bought some caramel popcorn at Sams on Wednesday and that I ate most of it well I weight-in this morning and I'm up 2 more pounds. That is a total of 3lbs in 2 days why, why I don't learn I was doing so good until now. Today I need to make sure I eat really well and stay away from all sweets. The weekend is coming and we are going for lunch on Saturday to Red Lobster and I think we are also going out on Sunday. Why is so hard to lose weight and gain it back so easily.

MJMS- Thanks for the suggestions of keeping a basket with supplements by the kitchen counter. It works!
Lisaward- How are you doing?

Let's make sure we stay hydrated and eat on plan, have a great Friday!
Old 08-27-2021, 04:48 PM   #54  

Late check in for me again. I had terrible insomnia the night before, but last night I slept well and caught up, but I didn't weigh this morning again. I have to make sure I get on that scale tomorrow morning. When I don't weigh, I start to slip badly. And sometimes knowing that I am slipping keeps me from weighing, too. I just didn't think about it this morning. Weird.

Muffin, I am sorry your post got lost. I hate when that happens! Ugh on the caramel corn. It was probably really salty along with the sweet, so you are probably retaining some water. I don't think that you could eat enough in just a day or two to gain 3 pounds. I wish I knew why it was so easy to gain and so hard and slow to lose. I guess if I had the answer, I could write the ultimate diet book and be a millionaire I would probably also be at goal weight instead of looking fluffy like this guy! I bet you can find something diet friendly at Red Lobster but you need to hide from those darn biscuits that they serve. That could be tough, but I bet that you can do it!

TGIF and a shout out to Lisaward!
Old 08-29-2021, 05:56 AM   #55  

Happy Sunday!
I am not doing too well with diet and exercise right now. There have been a lot of little things going on that are turning out fine, but have been very stressful to me. I am such an emotional eater and I am in the double bind of not planning and prepping food so that I am just eating whatever. I need to pull it together soon, but there are some things coming up this week that make just treading water and hanging in there a good option for now. I am thinking a lot about everybody in the path of Hurricane Ida right now, too. Katrina was so awful 16 years ago and now they are saying that Ida is a category 4 this morning. I hope and pray everyone will stay safe.

Muffin, how was Red Lobster? I haven't been to a Red Lobster in years. There is one not to far from us, either. Maybe it's better that I don't go, LOL! I do remember those biscuits! I hope that your Sunday is a nice and restful one.

I hope everyone reading has a great Sunday and stays safe! Feel free to jump in and add your thoughts about the South Beach Diet and eating healthy!

Old 08-30-2021, 10:46 AM   #56  

Good morning, I can't believe this month is almost over.

The weekend was good. We did go to Red Lobster on Saturday for lunch. I'm not a fan of biscuits but I did have half of one. The husband ordered a lobster pizza for an appetizer, and I only had a little bite because it was very salty for my taste. I ordered grilled trout with shrimp, baked potato with a side of sour cream, and a Ceasar salad. The food was ok but not as good as I remembered it. After that, I went to Joann's while the boys were at the video game store. I bought some fabric to make a baby quilt for my sister, she is due in less than a month.

I weigh-in this morning and I'm down by .4 lb, I guess that is better than gaining weight so I'll take it

MJMS- I'm sorry to hear you are going through rough times, I do hope everything goes back to normal soon. I'm also an emotional eater and I know how hard it can't be.

Sending prayers to everyone affected by Ida!
Old 08-31-2021, 08:24 AM   #57  

Last day of August. Wow, this month went by fast! I ended up not weighing again today. Not good. I will try to watch those portions today and hang in there for the next couple of weeks and then reevaluate.

Muffin, it sound like you did well at Red Lobster. It's a shame that it wasn't as good as you remember. I hate when that happens. A new baby in the family soon will be fun! Especially since you can do the cuddling and not the nights up, LOL! Good job with your weight going down again. You are steadily losing! Thanks for the hugs! Things will settle down in a few weeks and I just need to hang in there. Just life stuff and nothing catastrophic, thank goodness!

Everyone enjoy the last day of August! I guess fall really is coming!
Old 09-02-2021, 03:21 PM   #58  

Happy Thursday, Happy September! It's been a busy few days around here. We has some wild weather yesterday with Ida passing through. We are fine but had a tornado warning yesterday afternoon. We had lots of rain but no tornado here, but other parts of Maryland were not so lucky and just north of us in PA it was bad as well as into NJ and NY. Yikes! Ida was one mean hurricane! The news out of the Gulf Coast is so bad too, after her visit. I can't even imagine how awful it must be.

Diet-wise, not so hot around here. DH has been under the weather with back pain and had his first cataract surgery today. It went well, but I am spent with the nursing and chauffeuring. The surgery went well and if we can get his back straightened out, the other eye should be even easier, now that we have some experience. We haven't lived here that long so we are still learning how to get around to various places, but we are getting there.

Muffin, I hope that you are doing well! Lisaward, check in if you can! Enjoy the beginnings of the fall weather, everyone!
Old 09-05-2021, 08:39 AM   #59  

Happy Sunday! I'm still not back in weight loss mode, but I will get there one of these days soon. Trying for some maintenance right now until life gets on a more even keel. I'm taking care of my DH and all the house stuff as he heals from his surgery, so that isn't leaving me a lot of mental room for dieting, but we'll get there!

Hope everyone is doing well. It's been a hellacious couple of weeks for weather in the U.S. Right now, the weather here is just like I like it, 70's and low 80's. Fall is coming!

Have a Beachy Day everybody! Stop by and chat when you can!
Old 09-07-2021, 07:24 AM   #60  

Hi I'm sorry I have been absent for a few days. I need time off from all social media, I kept avoiding my phone and laptop until this morning. I

This past week I wasn't 100% on plan but I ate pretty healthily except for a few treats here and there. I weigh in yesterday and my weight is the same, so just maintenance for me.

MJMS- how is your husband doing? I hope he gets well soon. Do what you can and don't stress too much about your diet. Oh how I wish, you can send those temperatures here. This week we are supposed to be in the mid 90's and with lots of rain.

Tags
weightlossmotivation