South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-08-2021, 08:21 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 206/173.8/140

Good Sunday Morning!
Weight is down a little from yesterday. So many little fluctuations, but the trend is lower. I sure do not lose weight quickly, but then again I am not 100% perfectly on plan, either. It's so easy to remember the on plan parts and to forget the indiscretions and the down right off plan times, isn't it? Lol! I guess that is why the advice to write down every bite is so valid. If you go back and read what you wrote, it's hard to deny the black and white evidence that maybe you did take in too many calories to justify a drop in weight. Reality is so sobering, isn't it?

Hope everyone has a great Sunday! Join the chat, if you can. You are always welcome!
MJMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 03:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Happy Sunday, I hope you all are having a great weekend!

Covid cases are out of control here in FL. My boys are starting school next week and I'm really worried about it. High schools here are overcrowded and masks are not mandated so not everyone is going to be wearing one. My biggest worry is with my oldest one, he has a sensory disorder and has to be touching everything and on top of that, he is always biting his nails and rubbing his eyes.

MJMS- Fall weather is the best, we really don't get much of it but I really enjoy it when we do.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 10:44 PM   #18  

good evening everyone. had a wonderful weekend camping. wish i could have stayed longer. did great food wise. saturday was in the pool for at least 4 hours. spent time doing laps racing my nephew. Covid cases here in ny are going up. i was vaccinated back in April and my family has been vaccinated as well. Still doesnt mean i am not concerned. think i am going to start wearing masks everywhere again.

Muffin-I understand your concern about your son. Not sure why they are letting the kids back to school. my grandson goes to kindergarten next year and i am praying my daughter homeschools.

MJMS-you are right about journaling. I am finding that posting my food is helping immensely. i need the accountability.

have a good evening ladies. will weigh in in the morning. i usually weigh in on sundays but was at the campsite this morning. will report tomorrow.
lisaward4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 08:04 AM   #19  

weighed in this morning. down another 4 pounds. hoping to keep this going! finished up my baby blanket. i just have to weave in the ends and wash it. then it is ready for the baby shower. i still have to weave in the ends on the mermaid tail and sew the fin part on to the body. then on to the rest the projects i am making family for Christmas.. will post pics when everything is completed. have a wonderful day ladies!!
Old 08-09-2021, 09:53 AM   #20  

Good Morning! Today is my birthday! I don't usually do much to celebrate it, but yesterday my daughter had a small party for me at her house. It was just her, her DH and the grandson along with my DH. My grandson (3) decorated the cake with unicorn sprinkles. You can imagine, lol, but he was very proud! What fun! What wasn't fun was the bump up on the scale this morning from Chinese food. I don't think the one piece of cake would have done it. Water, water, water today!

Muffin, I understand your worry about your boys heading back to school. In the spring, I was so hopeful of things being better. Now I am not so sure that they will be for a while yet. Hope you had a relaxing weekend with lots of good down time!

Lisaward, you are doing so awesome! Another 4 pounds! Wow! And after a vacation weekend. You rock! It sounds like keeping your hands busy with all your Christmas projects is a good strategy.

Some counties here in Maryland have mandated masks again, but not ours, but I am wearing mine again. It can't hurt and it doesn't really bother me to wear it, so why not? All the adults in my family including myself are vaxxed, but the grands are too young, so I want to be careful for their sake.

Have a good day today, everyone!
Old 08-09-2021, 06:48 PM   #21  

MJMS, I really hope you had great birthday today! How sweet of you grandson.

Lisawasrd, you are doing great! Don't you hate all those ends. I'm working on a blanket that changes colors like every 4 rows and every week I keep ignoring those ends, I know at the end I'm going to regret not doing them as I go

I weight in this morning and I was up .2 of a pound, so for last week, I'm 4.4lbs down. I baked some cookies for the hubby and the boys and the smell of chocolate is really triggering my cravings. So tonight I'm going to be meal planning so I can stay on track the rest of this week.

Old 08-09-2021, 10:30 PM   #22  

sskant-welcome!! so glad you are here! looking forward to reading your posts!!

mjms-Happy birthday!! Sounds like you had an amazing birthday!

muffin-congrats on the weight loss! 4 pounds is awesome!!
Old 08-10-2021, 01:56 PM   #23  

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Sskant- Welcome!!

Well, this morning was a bit chaotic but we survived DS1 woke up at 5 am and was ready by 5:45 am, his bus pick-up was at 6:41 am. I asked him why he was so early and he told me he didn't want to miss his bus he is just one of those kids that can't wait to go back to school. DS2 wake up at almost 5:30 am, took a shower, and was ready for school by 6:30 am, He was running all around the house yelling because he couldn't find the charger for his school laptop and he was going to be late for the school bus. then I had to remind him that the 1st two weeks he doesn't have to be in school until 9:15 am, so he decided to go back to sleep after I dropped DS2 at school and DH at the airport I came back home and did some chores, and I'm finally enjoying a much needed second cup of coffee.

The boys should be back home by 2:30pm and then I will probably have to go buy some school supplies and groceries. If I have time this evening I will be doing some food prep, but I'm thinking I'm going to stick to salads for my dinners, and for lunch, I'm going to keep it PH2.

MJMS- DId you had a good day yesterday?
Lisaward- how are you liking the online journaling? I finally dusted my wellness happy planner and I'm going to start using it again. Now that I'm home alone half of the day, I really need to make sure I stay on track.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:38 PM   #24  

It's a hot Tuesday around here today! The temp is 90 but feels like 97 according to the weather and it's supposed to get hotter this afternoon and be even hotter tomorrow. I guess it going to be this way from New York to D.C. for the next few days. Whew! The humidity is gross. I feel for anybody that is working out of doors today.

Thank you for the birthday wishes! It was a nice day yesterday. My grandson's birthday ( going to be 3) is coming up soon and he asked for a leaf blower like the yard guys use. So we have been on the hunt for a backpack one. There are plenty of stick ones, but there is apparently one company that makes the backpack kind and they have been sold out all over. When I googled the other day, I couldn't find one anywhere and got no hits after 4 pages except for ebay from a company in Bangkok with no idea when it might even arrive. For some reason, I decided to try google again today and one came up on the first page from an educational supply company that wasn't showing up before. Go figure, but boy did we order that thing fast! Too funny, but it's the one thing that he has been consistently asking for and apparently so have a lot of other toddlers. So that was my big excitement today, lol!

sskant Tell us about yourself!

Lisaward, hope you are having a great Tuesday! You have been doing so well, keep going!

Muffin, what a morning you have had! You certainly earned your second cup of coffee in peace! It's great that the boys are excited about getting back to school! Did they have any in person school last year at all? Back in the school system where I taught before I retired, parents had a choice to do some days in person or do all online. It was elementary and about 2/3 of the parents chose all online. I think this year they are all doing in person only. I don't think there is an option for online. They have another few weeks before they go back and things may change before then, though.

Diet-wise, I fell off the wagon and didn't get back on yet so far today. I need and and and !
Old 08-11-2021, 08:02 AM   #25  

The boys had a good first day of school. Last year they did online classes only, so DS1 was really happy to go back to school. Our school district required masks for everyone but there is also the option to opt-out of masks for right now since our governor didn't approve it. The boys told me that most of the students had masks on all the time, so that gives me a bit of relief.

I don't have much on my agenda today, I need to take DS2 to school at 9 am. After that, I'm debating if I should go grocery shop or wait until the boys come home to do it since we also need to buy school supplies. I do need to tackle and organized my photo folders or at least start doing it. Do you print your photos? I had planned on making scrapbooks but every year I say the same and never do them I have all these digital photos everywhere and don't know what to do with them. I think I'm going to start with a photobook and see if the family likes it. I just wish I still have my CS3 photoshop program, I hate working with photoshop elements, oh well.

For lunch I will be having, Mahi Mahi with stir fry veggies and dinner I'm pretty sure it will be a salad.

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal" Henry Ford

Old 08-12-2021, 07:24 AM   #26  

Happy Thursday! I thought I posted yesterday, but I guess not. Maybe it's because my eating is so-so at best and my weight is still up a little bit. I'm having trouble mustering up the enthusiasm for putting in the work to lose the weight. Maybe today I will find my mojo again. Reading about the two of you, Muffin and Lisaward helps. Thank you!

Two day's of school finished at Muffin's house! It sounds like things are starting off well. Hooray! Hopefully the school supply shopping didn't break the bank. Working on photos is a tough project! We have print and digital ones all over everywhere. My husband started scanning them and than kind of got away from it. It's scary to think about and I commend you for tackling that job!
Lisaward, I see from the menu and exercise threads that you are still going strong! Good for you! I need to grab some inspiration from you. You are losing so well and if I followed your example, I could be too.

Off to try to make today a better day. So far I have gotten up and have started my first cup of coffee. Days don't go so well around here without coffee! Hope yours is a good one!
Old 08-12-2021, 03:58 PM   #27  

Happy Thursday! I waked up today at 4:30 am, I tried to go back to sleep until 5:30 am but I couldn't. Surprisingly I had a lot of energy during the morning, not so much right now but a 2nd cup of coffee fixes anything.

Have any of you done intermittent fasting? yesterday, I started doing it again (16:8) my GI doctor recommended me to do it last year and I did it for a few months and it did help me a lot. It is another way of weight loss without lowering your calories. As of my understanding, it works by keeping your insulin down for longer periods so you can burn fat. You don't have to follow a diet but if you pair it with a low-fat diet like SBD you can lose weight without restricting your calories too much.
Old 08-13-2021, 09:37 AM   #28  

Good Friday Morning!
Another hot one today! The heat index will be over 100 degrees again. I really feel for anyone who has to work outside or in anyplace that is not air conditioned. It would not only be miserable, but dangerous. My weight was at a new low this morning, but the scale was resetting itself, so I will need to see that number again tomorrow to believe it for sure. For today, I'll just enjoy it, LOL!

Muffin, I have never done intermittent fasting. I tend to get headaches and shakiness when I don't eat more frequently. I know that pattygirl63 who was posting here for a bit and still posts regularly in the Dieting with Obstacles section here under the Diabetes and Prediabetes chat, practices Intermittent Fasting and that thread talks about it frequently. That group would probably be able to give you more info. https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dia...-new-post.html

Hi Lisaward, your menus are looking good!

TGIF, everyone! Have a great day!
Old 08-13-2021, 05:06 PM   #29  

I hear you MJMS, it is also super hot here. I really don't know who people can work outside in this weather. Congrats on your new low, I'm pretty sure the scale is going to be down again tomorrow. Thanks for the link I will check it out. My idea is to stop eating at 5 or 6 pm and eat again either at 9 or 10 am that will be 16:8.

I kept myself busy this morning cleaning around the house. In the afternoon I had planned for me to work on my photos but I just ignored them. I don't have anything planned for dinner yet and I really don't want to cook, so we might end up having salad again.
Old 08-14-2021, 10:07 AM   #30  

Good Saturday morning,
Not much planned around here today. I have been having jaw and ear pain. I think the two crowns that I got need a bite adjustment. I have an appointment to have them checked next week. What a drag! Besides the pain, you know that I am not fond of visiting the dentist. My weight was back up a smidge again. Up and down all the time. I need it to stay down, lol!

Muffin, I hear you about the hot weather and just not feeling like cooking. I hope that you can figure out the best way to do intermittent fasting and that it works well for you. I know that Dr. Agatston talks about it in the SB Keto book, too. He was in favor of it, as I recall, but I don't remember all the details.

Hi to Lisaward and anyone else visiting. Have a great Saturday!

Last edited by MJMS; 08-14-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Tags
weightlossmotivation