South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-17-2021, 02:40 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'5

Happy Saturday gorgeous weather here today in Central FL. It is hot but our humidity is low today (55%) the boys cut the grass this morning, and I will probably do some tidying up on the second floor. The heat index is supposed to be 105F so I don't think we are going for our walk today unless is late at night.

I noticed that lately, I have been more negative than normal, so I decided to focus more on the positive things instead of complaining so much. I do have a lot of aches but complaining is not helping either.

Last night, I went for a walk and I really enjoyed it. thank you, Lisa and MJMS for the motivation

I added a thread for us to post our movement and another for meals. I will try my best to post my daily menu, but we can also use it to post a meal that we really enjoyed or just what we have for dinner. I didn't like the name of the thread and tried to change it for "daily meals" but I couldn't do it.

I hope you all have a great Saturday.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:44 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 206/173.8/140

Good Sunday Morning!
Well, exercise was good, but eating was off. Sigh. I got into some salty crackers last night after supper and today's weigh-in was not pretty. Bleh. Today, I need them both to be good! All this water weight bloating does NOT feel good at all.

Hi, Muffin! I'd say a heat index of 105 would make walking too challenging for me, too! I hope it cooled off in time to get your walk in. We had big thunderstorms last night after our string of hot days and the air feels so much fresher and cleaner this morning. It's lovely right now!

Lisaward! Hope you are having a great weekend! And hi to everyone else that is reading! Jump in if you feel like it, we'd love to hear your thoughts!
MJMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 09:39 AM   #138  

Good morning!
I didn't go for a walk last night. Instead, we took the boys to the movies to watch Black Widow. I resisted the sweets but I ended having a few handfuls of popcorn.

MJMS- The scale wasn't nice to me either. I guess we both need to drink lots of water today.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:36 AM   #139  

It sure is Monday, LOL! Hope everyone's is going well. I am still maintaining but I haven't been doing great with my eating yet, so I guess I should be happy. I hope that I can get back on the wagon today. I really need to get this weight off if I want to continue being active and relatively healthy. I did my leg strengthening exercises yesterday but not my recumbent bike. Above my knees was sore again and I think the stretching helped along with some massage from my percussion massager. We took a nice long ride in the car yesterday just enjoying the more rural landscapes of Maryland. Very pretty and relaxing!

Muffin, I hope you enjoyed the movie! I don't think that a few handfuls of popcorn are too bad at all. It is allowed on Phase 2, after all. But it can be a salt bomb that's for sure, which is always discouraging on the scale the next day. I give you big credits for avoiding the sweets. It must be very challenging for you living with two teenage boys. They can be such eating machines! You must face temptations all day long. But you are doing great, so stay strong!

Lisaward, syckgirlsfv and Pattygirl! Hope to hear from you all soon! Have a great Monday, everyone!
Old 07-19-2021, 06:23 PM   #140  

MJMS, it sure is a challenge with boys eating all day. I made the decision to eat the popcorn so I will not beat myself for it, but it did I guess the scale gods were not happy about it The stretching really helps when your muscles are sore, I hope you were able to use your bike today. I never been to Maryland, but my husband tells me it has very beautiful places.

Today, I'm making better choices and I'm feeling positive that I will be having a good week. I started reading the Atomic Habits, so far I'm really liking it.

Lisaward, I hope you are doing well

What is one thing you want to accomplish this week? I want to be able to stick to PH1 100%
What are you doing to accomplish it? meal plan and food prep. I will also be reminding myself of my "WHY"

Hope you all have a wonderful week!
"It doesn't matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop" -Confucius
Old 07-21-2021, 08:09 AM   #141  

Good Wednesday Morning! I was away all day yesterday with my grandson. His daycare was closed for Eid, so we were taking care of him. They live about an hour away, so it is too far to do everyday, but we are happy to do it when they need us. He's a lot of fun but almost two hours of playground time is tiring. Food was so-so and too salty. I didn't weigh to find out how salty, but my puffy fingers tell the story. I have lots of nice vegetables right now in the fridge, so no excuses today not to eat well.

Muffin, I will have to check out Atomic Habits. I don't think I am familiar with that book at all. Hopefully you find some nuggets of inspiration or wisdom there and that you'll share. Have an awesome day today! You deserve it!

Lisaward! Hope you are doing well!

Off to find some more coffee My motor is a little slow this morning!
Old 07-21-2021, 09:29 PM   #142  

I almost forgot to post today. I had a busy morning looking for a new place to board our dog. Next weekend we are going to the beach for a few days and the person that was going to stay with him can't do it anymore. We found a place and went for a tour and I think he is going to love it. In the afternoon I had to take him to the vet to get his Bordetella booster. Today, I was not on plan. I skipped lunch and for dinner, I had pasta with broccoli.

MJMS- I'm happy you were able to spend the day with your grandson. I do hope you were back on plan today. The book is about how to create and maintain good habits. I do hope to learn from it but cause my biggest problem is consistency. I'm not a good reader so for now I'm just sticking to read at least 10 pages a day. who knows I might create a good reading habit

Lisaward- how are you doing?
Old 07-22-2021, 11:01 AM   #143  

I got on the scale this morning and weight is inching back down, thank goodness. I had a much better eating day yesterday and made myself be more active. And I slept better last night. Hmm, maybe activity and healthy food help? Yes, I know that they do! So why don't I always do this??? Maybe this time it will stick!

Muffin, how nice that you are going to be able to get away to the beach! What a relief to find a place to board your dog that he will love. You can relax and enjoy your time away. Yes, I struggle with consistency and good habits. I am plenty consistent with my bad habits, though so maybe there is hope for me! I think reading 10 pages of a book like that might be just the right amount. Sometimes you need some "think time" to absorb the principles and see how they fit into your life. Today you can get right back on plan without the surprise vet visit throwing your day off.

Shoutout to Lisaward! Hope you are hanging in there okay. Don't let down or off plan days keep you from saying hi.

Hi to everyone reading and please feel free to jump in and join us!
Old 07-23-2021, 09:04 AM   #144  

TGIF! The scale is still inching! Yay! But, I still have a half of a pound more to get back to my low weight that I saw a month ago. I have a few more days to at least show a loss for July. I need to push it, though. I did 20 minutes on the recumbent and a 45 minute walk last night since the temps were great. It was nice to be outside when it wasn't so hot. I think we are heading back up into the 90's though. Did you catch that full moon last night? It was huge and so bright here. No clouds blocking it this time. Really stunning.

Hi Muffin and Lisaward! I hope you are both doing well! Here's hoping for another day of movement and making sure to get my veggies in
Old 07-23-2021, 10:54 AM   #145  

MJMS- I'm so glad the scale keeps moving down for you. I had a very lazy day yesterday, I'm still kicking and not giving up. Today is a new day.

Old 07-23-2021, 03:05 PM   #146  

You go, Muffin! Of course you will not give up! We are working on feeling better, probably even more than losing weight. Although admittedly, the less weight, the better our joints feel and that's a good thing! You have made a good start, now keep going and don't let perfect be the enemy of progress!
Old 07-24-2021, 08:39 PM   #147  

Almost didn't get to post today! Food was pretty good yesterday, although I need to be careful with the night eating. That's easy to get out of hand with. Today was pretty good, too. Just did a 50 minute walk outside, as it cooled down here. It was a nice evening for a walk and a nice temperature with a little breeze. Saw a couple of little brown bunnies. I always enjoy seeing them! So cute, but I also don't have a garden, lol!

Hope everyone had a good day today and has a terrific Sunday!
Old 07-25-2021, 09:06 AM   #148  

That is great MJMS! here in Orlando is been super hot and raining mostly every night. I just need to make the effort to wake up at 6 am so I can do my walk before the sun is out. Walking in nature is always so relaxing and calming.

We went to Chuys for lunch yesterday, I shared the fajitas with DS1. He ate the tortillas and most of the chicken and I stuck to the veggies some beans and rice. I didn't eat too much but was I really full for dinner so I skipped it.
I have been struggling a lot trying to eat just Phase 1 meal. I really don't know why but because I like all the foods. I think next week since we are going out of town at the end of the week I'm going to eat more PH1.5 and see how I do it.

MJMS keep with the hard work and I hope you can go for another walk today too.
Lisaward we really miss you, I do hope you are ok.

Off to finish my coffee and get ready for church. I hope you all have a great Sunday!
Old 07-26-2021, 11:13 AM   #149  

Today I had a new low! It's the lowest I have been since January of 2015. Granted, it's only a 1/2 pound less, but I was happy to see it! I NEED to keep going with the plan now. I almost got here a month ago and then I gained a couple of pounds and have been fighting to get them off again. Onward and downward, I hope, hope, hope! I know what it takes. More veggies, more movement, watching portions and less snacking. Seems easy. NOT!

Muffin, great job at the Mexican restaurant! Mexican food can be so tough! They bring the chips out and often use a lot of cheese that's so tempting. Good for you for getting up at 6am to walk. You are a better woman than I am! Phase 1.5 sounds like a good plan for being out of town. That's basically what I am doing right now. The losing is slower for me, but it is much more manageable.

I am missing hearing from you, too Lisaward. Check in when you can. We are thinking of you!

Anybody else reading, feel free to comment/join us, too. We love company! Have a great Monday! (Is that an oxymoron?!?)
Old 07-27-2021, 11:43 AM   #150  

Boo! The scale inched back up this morning, but still not bad. I ate well and exercised yesterday, so it should just be a water retention kind of a thing. I hope so anyway and not a dehydration thing yesterday! I have to keep reminding myself that the scale is just a number and it's information. I need to keep watching the trends to really know how things are going. Since I just typed that, I hope my brain was listening!

How is everybody doing? Hot and hazy here today. I don't think I will be venturing outside unless a storm comes through and cools things off. Maybe this evening I will get out for a walk when it is close to sundown. I hope everyone reading this is having a good Tuesday!
Muffin and Lisaward!