South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 05:45 AM   #1  
Mous

Talking 3 Bites on the Beach DAILY 9/18

I can't have that........I better not........If only I could........well Dang! Now look....I ATE THE WHOLE THING!

When faced with temptation what do you do?
Doeas it nag at you?
Do you think about it for hours on end?
Did uyou eat it all anyway?

CONTROL yourself.

If you have tried removing yourself from this temptation by doing something else and this still didn't work, go ahead and have 3 bites, NOT major bites mind you, but regular bites and enjoy each and every bite.

This should allow you to be satisfied and then will give you the satisfaction that you could CONTROL you and your thoughts and actions.

There is nothing wrong with "giving" in.
I would much rather see you do this then eat it all and then feel :bad: about yourself later and get in a down mood about yourself.

This is not a habit forming action. It is better than a slip and it teaches you tht you afre in CONTROL and can just move on from this temptation.

Give yourself permission as long as you know thta YOU have the power over food and this 3 bite rule is here for a reason.

Yeaterday was such an uplifting day for us. We were happy and found things thta made us happy and shared them with the rest of us.

I am going to have a weekly thread for

Rants AND Raves.

Quite a few of you has asked me to do this and with Ruth's permission we shall.

Have a great day and remember 3 is a good number.

Marcie

WELCOME to our new Beach Beauties, male or female. As we are all beautiful on the inside. REMEMBER this.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:42 AM   #2  

Good Morning All!

Thank you for the reminder Lady, I will have 3 bites of dessert today ... (it just may be 3 bites of 3 desserts) and I will be in control.

Weather looks a little weird today ... hope Isabel doesn't take a turn for us ... and good luck to all of you who may be in her path ...

Have a happy day!!!
Old 09-18-2003, 07:43 AM   #3  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Good morning beauties! Good morning, Grandma Marcie! Thanks for the reminder about the 3 bite rule. We can't go through life denying ourselves the things we really enjoy, but we obviously can't just eat everything in sight, either! The 3 bite rule is a great way to learn selfcontrol!

Major NSV here! I had to tighten my belt....to the smallest hole! It was just the beginning of the year when I almost had to put a hole in the end to make it bigger! : My belt has 8 holes spaced 1 inch apart...now THAT is math I can get into!

I have to brag just a bit about my son! He was chosen as "Star Student of the Week" in his class for displaying a great attitude and doing good work...we are so proud of him! And to top it off his soccer team has been invited to play in a short exhibition during the half time of the HS soccer game Saturday night! He is too excited about losing 2 teeth in one day to give a hoot! But mom & dad are thrilled!

Have managed to get my exercise in for a couple days...feel back on track. Food is still posing a problem but my mouth is improving slowly. For some reason I haven't been drinking as much as I should...need to step up the hydration!

Early to bed for me today. I hope you all have a wonderful day and remember the 3 bite rule! You can't go wrong!
Old 09-18-2003, 08:08 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Rants and Raves? Go for it. Nobody needs my permission for anything on The Beach.

I wish I'd remembered the 3 bite rule last night as I gave in to temptation bigtime. Ah well, today is another day. (I left Harry watching TV and went upstairs to get ready for bed. While I was up there, a dear friend whom I have not seen for months dropped in and H. told her I was out at a meeting! Arrgghhhh! It's too bad that darn chocolate got in my way. I would have been better to take out my anger on a walk - in my nightie through town? Scandal! My friend lives over an hour away but was in the area.)

Hersh was a jewel at her job yesterday. One dear old soul had special doggie biscuits that she had made her homemaker bake for her. She brought enough for everyone to treat Hersh so my darling's diet went down the tubes yesterday. I usually take raw veggies for treats but what can you do ?

There is nothing planned for today but I will put away some stuff outside. We are expecting high winds and about 20" of rain from Isobel when she gets here. I'll move the cars out into the meadow away from the lane trees for sure. We've had trees come down on cars twice now and I am not trying for a third!

Today I will focus on eating clean, drinking water and trying for two walks with my Girls. The Trinity is about all I can manage these days.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:37 AM   #5  
Imagine...

Just a quick fly - by post...Franny thanks for the heart monitor info, I always forget about ebay. I think I will check it out. and for your son.

Twodog~feel free to use my brother's little saying, at least it's better then some of his...like "pull my finger" LOL ah the joys of an older brother.

Marcie~Have a happy day! Hows your Mom doing?

Nikkiloo~ be strong, you can do it! Have a nice time.

Ruth~: for you & H. so what you ate a little junk, today is a new day.

I hope everyone stays safe from Isabel and has minimal damage.

Hi Ellis, Dentrassi, Deets, lizziepie,ladyonfire,whimsey,Sil, Anna, and everyone else too numerous to mention
Old 09-18-2003, 09:43 AM   #6  
Fighter

Good morning, everyone! I really like that 3 bite rule. My usual plan of action (and I've had to do it a lot, with being around my carb and sugar-addicted family) if I see that fudgy brownie (my ultimate weakness) and start thinking about it, I can't take my mind off it, and I know I will eventually rationalize to myself eating the whole darn pan... so I leave the room. I go do something else, and I realize the brownie no longer has power over me! Sometimes, though, it's impossible to leave the room. (Like at a restaurant) When hubby got a fudgy brownie a la mode at the restaurant for his birthday, I thought I was going to explode. I just kept reminding myself over and over about how terrible I would feel if I gained weight, and the brownie wouldn't be worth it, etc. For times when my willpower isn't so strong, though, the 3 bite rule should work perfectly. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll keep it in mind.

Nothing really is going on with me, I was supposed to have an interview at this place called DigiCom today (I have been unemployed since April, when Alltel shut down our call center) but I called them and said I'm just not interested in direct sales and didn't want to waste both of our time. Besides that, I couldn't find a babysitter for Jewel. It's true, though, I'll do customer service, but commission-based direct sales is where I draw the line. All the agents I dealt with as a rep in the call center were shady, they would do anything (dishonest or not) to get the sale, and I don't want to be that type of person.

Anyway, I did my run last night, burned 200 calories, and stopped at 1.65 miles (I was sick of running by then). I did my arms and abs on the bowflex, and today I'm doing my Tighter Assets Weight Loss video and the 10 minute abs. It's all about muscle strengthening, which I want -- and I'm so excited!!! I'm starting to see some MAJOR definition in my legs!!! (If I may say so myself, with the exception of my inner thighs, my legs are looking downright sexy!) Have a fantastic day, everyone!
Old 09-18-2003, 10:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Mornin everyone! I love the 3 bites rule. I'll have to try it today!

For some reason I didn't do my 40 minute video. I mean I did it, but I wasn't into it for some reason, so when I got to work I thought I would go for a longer walk. At least I thought t was longer than usual, but it wasn't....about the same 50-60 minutes. And today for lunch a friend of mine and I are gonna go for another walk. This should make up for my video this morning. I think what I am going to do it do the walking during the week and the videos on weekends since I can't walk where I live because of the traffic. Plus I can sleep in a lil bit longer.

[COLOR=blue]Hope everyone has a good day! [/COLOR=blue]
Old 09-18-2003, 10:13 AM   #8  

good morning everyone....I "think" I am over that nasty flu!!! WOW...what a bug!!! It cut me so low!! I didn't eat much but, I don't feel any lighter. No excercise...
I don't have enough control..yet...to do the three bite rule...it is all are nothing for me now. Maybe later. But hey!! At least I can admit my fralities! that is good...uh?
Catch you guys later....gotta run. Love.......
Old 09-18-2003, 10:29 AM   #9  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Good Morning, all you Beauties on the Beach!!

You know, it's amazing to me that I am finally learning that
you don't have to eat the whole darn thing to be satisfied!
This 3 bite rule really does work. The other day my husband
and I were out running errands, and he wanted to stop in this
brand new "Custard Ice Cream" shop. I was so proud of myself!
He got his double scoop...and get this...I had 2 licks of his, and
passed up getting anything else for myself!

The feeling of being in control far outweighed the satisfaction I would have gotten from eating that creamy custard!!!

I'm in my 4th week now of SBD, and I can honestly say that
this WOE is the best thing I've done for my self in a long time.
I'm finally getting some control in my life. And that's a good thing!

Hugs to you Marcie, Franny, Sflake, Ruth, Whimsey, Lizzie, Ms24, Harmony, Nikkiloo, and all my other friends on the beach !

Have a great day!

Sharon
Old 09-18-2003, 10:57 AM   #10  
Member Florida Chick

Good Morning to all you beach beauties:

I know the 3 bite rule works. I put it to the test yesterday. When some 'well-meaning' lady in our group told the waitress that 3 of us had birthdays, we were all presented with a free hot fudge sundae. My birthday actually isn't until next Tues. There is sat, while I was eating my lovely salad. So- I did three bites, and the other ladies at the table finished it off. My mother always told me I shouldn't waste food. (That is probably why I am the way I am today, as I was supposed to be a part of the clean plate club)

My DH had to get on the scale this a.m. and he has lost 3 lbs. so he is now pleased about SBD. So I feel sure that he will be willing to continue. We are having guests for dinner Sat. and they too are doing SBD so it has been fun planning a meal that will be righ on plan.

How does this sound? Stuffed Mushrooms, and V*juice for happy hour. Maybe some roassted chickpeas. Baked porkchops and saurkraut. Un-mashed potatoes(cauliflower) grilled tomato halves, green beans, tossed salad, and chocolate ricotta pudding for dessert.

I have a tough time remembering everyone, so I'll just say to you all- Have a great day at the beach. Lizzie
Old 09-18-2003, 12:14 PM   #11  
Imagine...

Ellis where are you? you ok hun?
Old 09-18-2003, 02:00 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

She's tired, sflake. I just sent her a PM reminding her about supplements.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:15 PM   #13  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI ALL!!! Still spending most of my days visiting with sis and nephew!!! My guys were SO sweet with their cousin last night!!! Even the 16 year old was making a fool of himself to get a smile out of the baby!!! Hope they manage to stay close despite the age difference.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:02 AM   #14  
Enthusiasm is contagious

ELLIS!!!!!!

We miss you. Take care of yourself, and come back!

~Sharon
Closed Thread