South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-01-2020, 12:28 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default March 2020 South Beach daily Thread

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit! Here's to a great March for everyone.

I am down 3 lbs for February, I will take it. Going to try for more weight loss this month. Today my DS is proposing to his longtime GF. They have been together since Dec 2012 and bought a house together in a few months ago. Excited for them. We have a surprise party to go to today at 2 p.m.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:42 PM   #2  

Default Phase 2 questions

Hi there,

I'm about to enter Phase 2 on Monday and I have some questions that I hope that someone can answer for me.

1. When reintroducing Fruits, Whole Grains, and Starchy Veggies: Do they share the same serving per day? For example if I have an apple at lunch I can't have a Sweet Potato at Dinner? I think they are separate servings but I want to be sure.

2. Would I ever be able to have Orange Juice or Pineapple Juice? I would obviously go for no sugar added and I wouldn't drink 6 glasses a day but being able to have a small glass once in awhile would be nice.

3. Is there a BBQ sauce or Ketchup I could have? I would imagine a straight up no on BBQ sauce because I am sure there is Sugar added in all of them. But I know there is no sugar added Ketchup and I am curious if that is okay?

Thank you so much for your time I really do appreciate any help that is offered from anyone. I tried this diet before and I was successful for a few months but then I relapsed hard because of Popcorn and Chocolate so I want to make sure I do it right this time and hit my goals.

Thank you everyone
Marximoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 05:43 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for starting us up, Pearlrose. Enjoy the party and congrats to the kids!

As I already said, February was a holding pattern for me but I am still considering that a positive thing since I managed to take off the holiday weight during January. I hope to lose a couple pounds during March (have you heard this one before??). Perhaps the longer daylight and hope of spring will inspire me.

Welcome Marximoto. Although some of the threads are older, there is a ton of good information on transitioning to P2. From my perspective there are 2 big points: add foods in slowly and realize that many of the long term SBers greatly limit fruits and grains forever. Check out these links:
https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd...phase-2-a.html
https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd...-p2-combo.html

Have a great evening everyone!

Last edited by Beth19; 03-01-2020 at 05:43 PM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

I finally got a new battery for my scale and weighed myself. I will start at this new weight for March. I continue to increase my exercise gradually. Spring is on its way!
Ohio Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 10:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks!
Congratulations, Pearlrose! That's exciting news for your family & more fun to come.

Welcome Marximoto! I think SB2-3 avoids many absolutes & stresses to limit and find how you respond. When adding something new, try one thing at a time. If it triggers hunger or cravings to overindulge, probably best to avoid or enjoy rarely. This website has a lot of good info too: https://www.palm.southbeachdiet.com/
There are popups to get past, but the pull down menu, top right, has a great search option for loads of info.
Another good one for recipes & product suggestions:
https://www.kalynskitchen.com/

OhioDr, I only weigh 1-2x a week & seem to drop in increments, nothing, nothing, then a couple pounds at a time. Some prefer daily & drop slow & steady. It is motivating to see results & I'm sure you will.

Beth, I've been holding since the New Year & ready to start losing again too.

I'm listening to the SB latest book now & DrA really stresses interval training for exercise, even with walking. Anyone tried it?

Have a great week all!✌

Last edited by Ceneri; 03-02-2020 at 10:31 AM.
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:56 PM   #6  

Good afternoon,

I am still plugging along no weight loss this week but no upward movement either. I continue with knee exercises and the mediation app (that is really helping).

Cenari I was a firm believer in interval training prior to hurting my knees. It really gets your heart rate up but I would be able to do like 6 intervals in a work out so felt like I got a better workout.

Welcome marximoto

to Ohio dreamer and Beth and Debbie

Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

Now that I got the new battery in my scale I lost 2 pounds last week. I am feeling stronger and my clothes fit better and I think I see a difference in the mirror. I am getting out when I can to clear gardens and get ready for spring. Best of all I am walking better. I am much steadier on my feet and less off balance. I was worried I was eating too much so even though I am following the South Beach plan I have been tracking calories too last week to get an idea of what a serving looks like. I hope you are all doing ok. The weather here is pretty nice and I look forward to Spring!
Ohio Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 11:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday the 13th Chicks!
It's never been unlucky for me, knocking on wood. I am kind of superstitious, it's in my blood from old world Irish & German grandparents.
I'm trying not to get caught up in the virus panic, but we are laying low for now.
My weight's slowly moving down. I'm sticking with Ph1 for breakfast, lunch & snacks & Ph2 for dinner. As always, I need to get more activity & plan to start the interval walking. My goal is to be at last year's low by the end of the month & continue losing.
Hope you all are staying well & enjoy a wonderful weekend. Sure has been quiet around here.✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:10 AM   #9  

Good morning,

Hoping everyone is doing well. I am wfh indefinitely, we stocked up for a while with supplies and food. My DD2 school has closed and pretty much our state has closed everything down. Trying to stay ontrack food wise and exercise wise.

Take care everyone