South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-01-2020, 09:52 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default February 2020 Daily Thread

Rabbit rabbit rabbit and welcome to February!

Here's to a new month and new focus in our eating!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 09:56 AM   #2  

Good morning and happy weekend. I thought I would start up the new thread to get us going.

Not much news here; today will involve a few chores (laundry) and perhaps a quick grocery trip since I am low on veggies. I still find making salad a major component of my lunch really helps with my weight loss, although perhaps I should be looking for a soup recipe since this coming week looks like winter weather.

Cenari, that is exciting news about your house! Recently I have been dreaming about a kitchen redo, we will see if that happens or not. There might be other house projects that take precedence.

Have a great day, all.
Old 02-01-2020, 04:14 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Thanks for starting us up Beth. I cleaned house this morning and then did a grocery run, we are going to DD1's house tomorrow and I wanted to get veggies to bring so we have something healthy to go with grilling out. DH picked out cupcakes, I will not be having any of those lol. I do count my carbs and I like to keep them around 50 to 80 carbs a day and I seem to be able to lose, the main things is no junk food or sugar for me.

Beth, my knees have started bothering me again, not sure if it is weather changes or what, but I saw an ad for volunteers from my hospital for knee arthritis and I signed up. I have an appt on Wednesday, they are looking to strengthening knees by doing exercises and also doing exercises for lower back, they show you how to do and they you can do at home and log on an app. I am hopefully they might teach me some different exercises then what I am doing now that might help without having to get some more shots.

Ceneri that is exciting news regarding your house, May will be here before you know it.

Here's to us having a great month.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 02-01-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Chicks!
Beth, kitchen redos are a pain, but so worth it when done. We've been through a couple & never regretted it. I think the last helped our previous house sell fast. The new one will be nice. We're doing mixed cabinets. Ivory on the walls & a dark wood island. Hopefully, won't be too trendy down the road.
Pearlrose, do you track with the LoseIt premium for carbs?
The groundhog surrogate (our little dog) did see his shadow yesterday & today does feel more springlike, but doubt we're done with winter.
We watched the SuperBowl for the 1st time in a few years. Great game! DH wanted nachos & margs, I indulged a little.
My weight was down a lb from my holiday gain. Finally, it's going in the right direction.
I'm flying to OH Sat to check on my mom for a few days. She has a doc appt & I'll get to go with her for an update. I have a feeling I may be spending more time when needed. I'm so frustrated with my brother. He's closer in Chicago & hasn't seen her in over a year. I don't really trust myself to have a direct chat with him about it just yet.
Hope everyone has a great week✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:51 PM   #5  

Good afternoon,

This week flew by, we had snow this week and maybe some more tonight, nothing that has stuck around though. I think we are going to the movies tonight. Next week we are leave on Thursday to go visit my parents and then on Sunday, DH and I are flying to Vegas for me to attend a conference, so will be busy around here.

Cenari we watched the superbowl at DD1s house it was fun, DS and his GF came too. I use the myfitness pal app, it calculates your carbs as well. but I do believe Lose it will also track your carbs.

Hi Beth and Deb

Have a wonderful weekend everyone
Old 02-13-2020, 01:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

Default Back again!

I haven't been here for awhile and I have decided to give it another shot. I've lost some weight this winter doing low calorie and I need a change. I dusted off my book and I am writing a shopping list and will go grocery shopping in the morning. It has been snowing or raining every day lately and our place is a swamp.I am dreaming of spring and gardening and taking my dog for walks and going kayaking. I hope everyone is doing well and look forward to getting acquainted.

Last edited by Ohio Dreamer; 02-13-2020 at 01:26 PM.
Ohio Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:12 PM   #7  

Hey chicks.

We are certainly in the middle of February: cold, snow and cabin fever! I am wishing DH and I had followed through on a warm weather vacation next month but I think house projects are more important for this year. I've been dreaming of summer and another trip to Maine so that will have to do for now.

I was happy to lose my holiday gain in the month of January but now I am treading water. In my little dream world I would lose a couple more pounds by the end of March.

Ohio Dreamer, welcome! We are currently quite a small group. It is always nice to have a new member!

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:23 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

We’ve had a super cold February. Lots of snow, too. I’ve been bouncing all over the place keeping up with everything and will be glad when the weather warms. We had a really nice mini vacation in southern New Mexico other than that just the usual.

I’ve really been working hard with the weight loss....right now I’m at my lowest for many moons....actually approaching my ticker lol. Still eating South Beach foods but in smaller quantities and only when hungry. I have snack options but don’t have a snack unless I’m physically hungry. Seems I’ve eaten SB approved for so long that my blood sugar is pretty darn stable.

just got a call from a tenant and I need to deal with something....

did I tell y’all that I quit coloring and let my hair go grey? It was a process but I’m ok with it. Love love love not dealing with coloring all the time.

keep on trucking everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:31 PM   #9  

Good afternoon,

Checking in after a busy few weeks. We are back from Vegas and with all the walking I didn't gain any weight. Now to lose weight, I started Phase 1 again yesterday and went grocery shopping today and filled it up. I am going to try and do smaller portions and not snack either versus snacking all day, the calories add up. I am on week 3 of the research study and between the exercises and mediation I think it is helping, even with all the walking I only took Motrin/Tylenol once.

Welcome back Ohio dreamer, we have gotten smaller but we all still check in occasionally.

Beth it was nice to get to warmer weather but still had to wear a light jacket.

Debbie I applaud you going gray, I keep thinking to myself to I still want to color every month and right now I am saying yes but getting tired of it but I am only about 25% gray at the moment.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and here is to the last week of February.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:41 AM   #10  

Good morning chicks!
I'm not sure where the past week went & I wasn't busy!
I've been a little off since my OH visit to check on my Mom. I went to her doc appt, there were a few things to get straight. Too much to go into, but glad I went & I know to keep closer tabs, plus, I'll have better access now.
I still haven't made my way back to eating on plan more than a day or 2. That & food logging have kept me from gaining, but I want to get back to losing too. My new start day is Wed. Lent helps get me focused.
Pearlrose & Lexxiss, I went gray a few years ago & would never go back. My hair's past my shoulders now, I get long layers trimmed 2x a year. First I let it grow because I could, then I was going to donate, now I just like it, for now. Most days I just throw it in a ponytail or braid.
Beth, are you at your goal weight or close to?
This week should be quiet here, I hope to get our paperwork in order & taxes done. I've been knitting new patterns for May grandbaby boy on the way. The socks & hat are pretty cute, next I'm trying a little vest waistcoat. It usually takes me a couple attempts to get right.
Hope you all have a lovely, healthy week✌
Old 02-27-2020, 01:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

I am still hanging around. We got snow and cold overnight. I can't wait till spring. I was hoping to see a weight loss but my scales aren't working I guess the battery is low. I hope everyone is doing ok.
Ohio Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 07:49 PM   #12  

Hey chicks.
We are in full winter today: snow and wind. But I will take the 3-5 inches we are getting since just south of us the snow is being measured in feet.

I am treading water this month as far as weight goes. It seems like there are a lot of social occasions and "just this once" treats. I often use Lent as a way to re-focus my eating so hopefully that will be true again this year.

Cenari, I was thinking I should re-visit knitting. Haven't done it for years.

Hope everyone is doing well as we wrap up this month. Where did it go??
Old 02-29-2020, 10:37 AM   #13  

Happy Leap Day Chicks🐸
I don't know why, Feb 29 has always been a favorite of mine. It's like a free bonus day!!
It's cold & snowy here today too. Hopefully, the last of winter. I'm feeling sorry for the Marathoners in our area this weekend.
I'm finally feeling on track with 3 good SB1 days & the scale going down! No carb crash that I usually get, so maybe I wasn't as far off as I thought. I'm heading out next week for some grandbaby time, which can be a challenge to my diet, but I'll be better prepared this time.
Have a great weekend all✌
Old 02-29-2020, 11:24 AM   #14  

Happy end of February to everyone.
I am ending the month about where I started weight wise. As I said earlier, there seemed to be more than a few treat days so I will accept no gain and move on from there.New month new start tomorrow.

Cenari, we had snow and wind the last few days. It is a treat to see sun and blue skies today. That, coupled with the longer daylight reminds me spring will come! Enjoy your grandbaby time!!

Have a great weekend chicks.

(btw I'm also a huge fan of Leap Day )

Last edited by Beth19; 02-29-2020 at 11:27 AM.