South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-03-2019, 09:14 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default November 2019 South Beach Daily Thread

I'm a little slow on the "rabbit, rabbit" but thought I would start up a thread for the month.

Here's to an OP month as we head toward the eating challenges holiday season!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:20 AM   #2  

Good morning chicks from the chilly north. We have some faint sunshine this morning but the week's forecast includes that 4 letter word...Guess it is November!

This week was a bit slower; one the weather starts to turn there is less yardwork to do and so I am thinking of indoor cleaning projects. This month I would like to empty and clean out the kitchen cupboards so they are clean before I start decorating. This year I should have enough time in my schedule to decorate early!
Yesterday I went to the annual Craft and Food show our Chamber of Commerce sponsors. I was very good and ignored the baked goods and chocolates, but I bought some flavored olive oils and vinegars to use on salads. Food has been pretty good; I'm about to head over to Kalyn's site to look for some new recipes.

Have a good day all!
Old 11-04-2019, 09:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!
Thanks for kicking off Nov, Beth. Good job staying OP among temptations. Kalyn always has great recipes, idea & links to other recipe sites.
I slid away from plan after a few good days & am restarting today. One bad day led to another, before I knew it, I wasn't even logging this past week. Between another DD visit, a new bakery in town & a food truck fest...I have been over indulging. The colder weather gets me craving comfort foods too, but I know there are better choices to be had.
Not sure I can give up my skim milk cappuccino in the morning I've gotten used to though. We have a fancy coffee maker & I learned skim foams best, which I know isn't op, but so delicious. I tried whole milk & almond, it's just not the same.
Everything else on plan I'm looking forward to.
I wonder what Pearlrose is eating in India? Our idea of Indian food is probably like Chinese or Italian, mostly not authentic.
Hope everyone's well & has a beautiful Monday✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:52 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

I got back late on Saturday, wow what an experience it was definitely interesting. Eating was way off plan as their food is way too spicy for me lol. Mainly had white rice and indian bread. If you like spicy food you would have definitely liked their food. I managed to only gain a couple of lbs even though all I had was carbs, I guess all the walking helped. I am going to start Phase 1 this week and get back on track. Work has been hectic as can be as the transition date looms Dec 6th.

Beth we got the 4 letter word today, went from 88 degrees flying home on Saturday to the teens today brrrr. Glad you were able to avoid the baked goods.

Cenari sounds like you have been having fun too

Debbie hope everything is going well for you too.

Have a wonderful evening
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:16 PM   #5  

Welcome back Pearlrose.
I would not have done very well on your trip; I don't care for spicy foods either. It is nice you were able to do so much walking.
We had quite a snow storm here; 8 inches over the last 24 hours and now wind chills in the sub-zero range. The long range forecast has 40s this weekend so maybe we will be able to get rid of the snow.

Cenari, hope you are having a good week.
Debbie.

Have a good day all
Old 11-12-2019, 06:32 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Beth yesterday we had around 3 inches of snow and today the high was 15, quite a shock from high 80s in India lol. Went from sweating to having to bundle up in my winter gear. We are also supposed to get into the 40s this weekend.

I saw on FB that Debbie is off to visit her brother in Florida, hope she is enjoying the warmth.

Have a great evening.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote