South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-01-2019, 09:28 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default October 2019 South Beach Daily Thread

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit! Here is to a great month for all of us!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:30 AM   #2  

Good morning,

Figured I would get us started up even though we are all only checking in every few days. I am trying to stay op as possible, been busy with work and getting travel arrangements and shots and evisa for trip to India. We leave for the wedding on Thursday early morning so excited to be on the beach and celebrate the wedding.

I hope that everyone is doing well.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:39 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning chicks.
Thanks for getting the new thread started, Pearlrose. While it is true we are all checking in more sporadically I do think you of you guys and coming here does hep me keep centered.

I had a big weight jump for a day after traveling but this morning I am almost back to where I was before I left (tied for my low this summer). I know my WL is really slowing but I think that is good because it is becoming a lifestyle/mindset. I would really like to eliminate the yo-yo dieting of the last 30 years of my life. With the holidays approaching all too quickly it is important to focus on balance. My goal is to lose another 1-2 pounds this month (I'm getting close to my real goal)

Pearlrose, I'm sure you are very busy! Have a wonderful wedding weekend!
Cenari, are you off visiting family again?
Debbie, thinking of you.

Have a great day chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks!
Made it back home for a few days.
Beth, I flew to OH for a funeral then to Raleigh for a bday. It was an emotional week. I'm trying to embrace your lifestyle attitude, but do get off track. Now off track is nothing like the past though & typically much shorter. I do like knowing I can get back to plan easily. That's great you reversed a gain so quickly. Congrats! How are you adjusting to retirement?
DH & I were pondering yesterday driving home, we used to travel for R&R, now we look forward to R&R at home...lol.
I'll be checking in more this week.
Hope everyone's well & has a great week✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:37 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!

as Beth said, I think of you often and it helps me get through days. Itís just been so busy here and lots of changes in the air. My big change is that I gave my notice to the restaurant as of the end of the year. They donít ever have enough help and the boss and his wife both take the weekends off so itís really not been any fun. Itís going to be a big financial change for us because I had planned on having the laundromat paid off before I made this move but Iím just so tired of it. In between things Iíve been helping my sister ready her house For Airbnb licensing. We had an inspection last week and have some things yet to do but itís just a matter of time. There are three applications in which havenít passed inspection and itís the first one to the finish. Today we are having the Asphalt re-done at the laundromat so I need to head down there soon. Parking lot is closed so we want to be around. Iím sure it will be slow because weíve had a note up for a week but we will also get some things done we been procrastinating while we are there.
food was pretty good until a couple of weeks ago and it has been so so but I always keep in mind to make better choices. My goal this week is to really not leave the house without my smoothie. Itís already made for today.
I better get going. Our first hard freeze is tomorrow night so we dug potatoes and cleaned out the greenhouse yesterday.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:12 AM   #6  

Good morning,

Wow it's been busy, the trip was wonderful and the wedding was great. Eat too much and got lots of bug bites but had a great time. This week had work fly by and today I am off picking up my family from airports and we are headed up to DD1's for the reception. I also think of you guys often even though I don't post as much.

Beth I had quite the jump in weight too, to many fruity frozen drinks but it is going back down, I am so glad for this lifestyle

Cenari sounds like you have been busy too, how is the house building going?

Debbie great to hear from you, good for you putting in your notice, you are so busy all of the time hopefully this will help.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone
Old 10-15-2019, 06:34 PM   #7  

Good evening,

We are relatively back to normal here, though I leave for India on Oct 26th for two weeks. We found out DD1 is pregnant, got to see the ultrasound today, so excited I am going to be a grandma. She is due in at the end of May. Even thought they had the wedding ceremony this month, they official at the court got married back in July so she could get name changed and legal documents and such before the ceremony. My DH is ecstatic. We also adopted a husky/shepard mix and we are getting used to each other. The cat and him are not getting along even though it is has been a week, hoping they will start getting along. I have learned I need to kennel him during eating/cooking time since he can reach everything without having to jump up and he is getting used to listening to commands.

I hope everyone has been doing well, my eating has not been good and I am back on track today, made a trip to trader joe's to stock up.

Have a great evening
Old 10-16-2019, 05:22 PM   #8  

Hey chicks.
We have been very busy here. When I was putting the tomato cages and such into our shed I realized we had quite a leak. DH and I made the decision to re-roof the shed; after all, how hard could it be to do a 8 x 12 shed?? I'm proud to say we managed to do it in 3 days, although we still need to address 1 eave....Looks much better and hopefuilly it will work better too.
Food has been mostly OP although my WL has stalled. I don't always understand my body but I'll just stick to it.

Pearlrose, congrats on becoming a grandma!! I'm still waiting for that...

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:32 AM   #9  

Good morning chicks!
I see we've all been busy this month. I've started posts the past week+ & never got to finish for one reason or another.
We're heading home tomorrow after this week in Savannah. It's been lovely, even with a couple rainy days. We're in a garden apt of a grand historic home & can walk to many places day or night. I love it here & the food is incredible. I've just been controlling portions & carbs & remembering Beth's mantra, lifestyle. Today we're headed for an island lunch.
Pearlrose, congrats on becoming a grandparent. You'll love every minute. You have had a busy month. I can't believe your off to India next...wow!
Beth & Lexxiss, your updates make me smile.
Have a great day all✌
Old 10-17-2019, 01:09 PM   #10  

Good afternoon,

I did get on the scale after a few days back op, still up a few lbs but I am sure I wouldn't have been happy had I hopped on a few days back. Still op and just plan to keep that way through the Holidays with just a few days of planned off days.

Tomorrow have a work lunch celebration for 15 years at work, they invite all of the employees to celebrate at 5 year intervals, I missed my 10 year lunch because I forgot to put it on my calendar. I will be especially thankful since I will still be with my company after December, though I still feel a bit guilty that 200 plus will lose their jobs. My old boss has a new job lined up so she will get her severance package and a new position, I think she will be happier at her new position.

Beth that is wonderful that you and DH were able to complete. I love DIY projects

Cenari glad you are having a great time

Debbie

Have a great day
Old 10-21-2019, 11:03 AM   #11  

Good morning chicks🙋*♀️
Back to ph1 for 3-4 days for me this week starting today. It was hard to break from vacation mode over the weekend. I didn't try too hard tbh.
I'll get on the scale in a couple days, following your lead, Pearlrose. I don't feel too bad & can usually tell if I'm up more than 2-3#s. I tend to get distracted with my actual #s, too much gain is depressing, a little is not bad enough to motivate me. Screwed up, I know...lol. Just trying to focus on the plan & remember the loss will come. I'm actually finding a degree of comfort within the limits I haven't really felt before. Hope it lasts.
We're def into fall here, it's cooler & colors are popping. Today's a little drizzly, good for cabbage soup making. I like it more than salads when temps drop.
Our house is coming together. The outer walls, doors & roof are on. We can walk through & see the rooms. It's up higher than we thought, so we have some nice distant views. They'll build up the lot to keep steps to a minimum. We're excited & so very thankful.
Have a marvelous Monday all✌
Old 10-23-2019, 12:09 PM   #12  

Hey chicks.
It's another lovely fall day here; sunny and pleasant. The leaves are starting to drop but there is still lots of color around. I took a walk this morning and really enjoyed the views.

Not much new here. I've been picking away at doing some purging and organizing. Right now it is the linen closets in the bathrooms. Why do I need sheets for bed sizes I no longer own??? I think I found a place to donate stuff so hopefully I will soon be taking a loan to drop off. This weekend we may go visit DS1 for a day.
Food is mostly OP. My weight is pretty steady but I am within a few pounds of where I would like to be. The next trip is figuring out how to maintain.

Cenari, the progress on the new house sounds exciting!
Pearlrose, your trip is coming soon. Are you ready?
to Debbie.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Beth19; 10-24-2019 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:00 AM   #13  

Good morning!
Sounds nice, Beth. That's great you're so near goal weight...wtg!!
The fall days have been beautiful here too, if a little chilly in the morning. A fire would be nice, but our pilot won't stay on & can't get a service call until next week. Better than going out in Dec-Jan & it will get fixed.
Faced the scale yesterday & only up a # from last low, which I'm very happy about. Had my usual carb crash, crabby & tired for a day or 2, but rebounding today. Now, I'm not the least bit hungry & know I need some breakfast, maybe a shake will do. Then, I'm off for a flu shot, 1st time for me. Last year I seemed to catch more bugs, especially around the grandkids. I used to take immunity boosters when teaching & stayed pretty healthy, maybe get back to that too.
Hope everyone's healthy & has a great day✌
Old 10-24-2019, 04:55 PM   #14  

Good evening,

It's been busy around, adjusting to having a new dog in our life's, was used to our old doggy who pretty much sleeps the day away. Getting close to leaving time, I leave on Saturday, still haven't packed. Food is so so and not sure what the food choices will be so trying to just keep portion sizes smaller and when I get back will do a strict Phase 1 to get back on track if necessary.

Cenari that's great that your house is coming up so quickly and less stairs is a good thing. We have an upstairs and a basement so I am sure that doesn't help my knees.

Beth I am enjoying the fall weather, I think I am going to miss some great weather and come back to winter.

Have a great evening everyone and I may not be back on until I get back.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:20 PM   #15  

Thought I would stop by and wrap up the month. It is a dark and stormy day for Halloween; glad I don't have little ones who want to go out Trick or Treating!

We had a good visit with DS1 and GF this last weekend. Was up a couple pounds when we returned but those are gone now. I didn't lose any weight this month but not gaining is also a plus.

Hope everyone is doing well.