South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-02-2019, 09:00 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default April 2019 Daily Thread

Good morning,

Just realized we are all so busy we didn't start a new thread for the new month. A day late but Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit!

Here is to a great month of all of us being on plan and staying healthy
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!
Thanks for starting our April thread, Pearlrose.
I was the fool yesterday...get it? DD & I went out for Mexican & I did not stay op, no drinks though, so that's something I guess. Trying to make up for it today even with lots of temptations around. I need to make a veg/salad run for the week later. I should have done it yesterday. It's cold & rainy here, so I'm in no hurry to get out w a 6mo today. We'll be hanging out tomorrow with my other 2 grands. Baby boy's almost a month old already. I haven't been with all 3 together yet. It should be fun!
Have a great day chicks ✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:54 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Rose, thanks for getting us started for the month! Love to focus on staying healthy!

Ceneri, I have a Mexican event tomorrow. I just hop back on the horse right after!

Im sitting at the glass place waiting for new windshield, the. Sis an I are making a quick trip to Denver. Whole Foods and Eddie Bauer outlet. The. Up to ski area for laundry. I’ve been really focusing on my master list. It’s less than 3 weeks to Alaska. I’m sooooo excited!

Weight is lowest since my mom died in 2017 August. I never got more than 8 pounds up buy after Key west trip scale said 15 up. I just decided I was done with the rise. Feeling positive and good.... gotta run car is ready

Last edited by Lexxiss; 04-02-2019 at 10:56 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:00 AM   #4  

Good morning,

The rest of the week is wfh for me had to go in Monday and Tuesday. I found out they should be making a decision on the position hopefully by the end of next week, just in time for my knee scope next Friday. April is normally a good month for me, Wedding anniversary and Birthday and salary increase lol. Trying to stay op with eating, tomorrow I have to stop all supplements and pain meds until after the surgery.

Cenari this plan is a lifestyle so one day is not going to hurt as long as you get back on track

Debbie that is awesome news I know you have been working hard to get back on track

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-03-2019, 06:24 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening. I guess I am late to the April party!
Not much to report here. We had snow over the weekend but it is gone and the weather looks spring-like for the next few days. I am looking forward to daffodils! It is the end of the marking period so I am very busy with tests and grades. I can't believe how March flew by since it is often a long month. On the diet front, I am avoiding sugar but seeming to overeat in other ways. But I have also re-visited a few old recipes: tacobake and crack slaw to name 2. At least I am getting my veggies.

Pearlrose, hope your job news turns out the way you want. Good job staying OP; it is hard with celebrations going on. As for the knee it will be good to get to the next stage of healing.
Cenari, enjoy your time with the grandbabies! (I'm a little jealous)
Debbie, sounds like you are busy as always.

Have a good evening all
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:11 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

We are in Glenwood. Kirk has his big dental appointment this morning. Will be a rough day for him. I'm typing on my laptop. I haven't had it out of the closet for several years now. Thought it would be something to keep me busy while I sit with the recovering patient today. I'll update things and decide if I want to keep it....take it to Alaska.....put it back in the closet lol.

Guess I'd better get ready. We scheduled his appointment for 7:30 and hopefully avoid the wait that happens later in the day.

Snacking choices poor last night. Eating won't solve anything. I brought brown rice sushi for my lunch and maybe once he is resting comfortably I will go to the pool and swim for a bit.

Take care everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:53 AM   #7  

Good morning,

So glad it's Friday, yesterday took my car in for a recall they replaced catalytic converter and figured since it was in shop might as well get the oil changed too. Went to the movies last night with DH. Today is wfh though working on lots of reports for work. Tonight DH is taking DD2 to comic con I opted out but DD1 is coming home so will spend time with her, she has a wedding tomorrow to go to. Trying to make good food choices, stopped all meds yesterday until after surgery so we shall see how the knees do. My allergies are bothering but not taking anything either.

Beth my portions were getting to large again even without sugar so yesterday make conscious choices for smaller portions throughout the day, now to keep it up.

Debbie sounds like it was a big day yesterday how is Kirk feeling?

Cenari enjoy those grand babies, I am jealous too lol

Old 04-08-2019, 08:47 AM   #8  

Good morning,

Another busy week, going into work today later on. Had to take an allergy tablet this morning symptoms just to bad, I figured if I can control for a couple of days will get off on Wednesday and should be fine for surgery on Friday I stopped everything else, but figured swollen sinus and sore throat from sneezing and coughing wouldn't be good either. Went to baseball game with DH yesterday lots of walking but pampered my knees when we got home.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoy the nicer weather.

Have a great day
Old 04-08-2019, 10:12 AM   #9  

Good morning chicks!
I'm back & getting on track today. The one day turned into a few days off plan & drinks Sat night after getting home. Thankfully, I didn't gain. Maybe I was more controlled than I thought. I get the lifestyle mindset, even off plan, I know choices are better than in the past.
It was a joy spending time with my DDs & the 3 grands all together. I was exhausted by Sat as usual, but so worth it. We're going back Easter weekend for more fun.
Pearlrose, I hope April continues to be your month. Won't that be great when everything aligns in your favor?
Beth, I always struggled & dreaded assessments. I'd start the school year strong but fall way behind by this time, which made it worse of course.
Lexxiss, hope everything went well for Kirk. When do you leave for Alaska?
I worry everytime I drag out the laptop it will be the last of it. I only use it for filing taxes now. Speaking of, I still have to finish the states this week ...yuck. I ran into some trouble & put it away until 'later'.
We have possible storms coming through today, hopefully nothing too bad.
I'll def be checking in more often this week.
Hope all your Mondays are marvelous ✌

Last edited by Ceneri; 04-08-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:17 AM   #10  

Default Newbie Here!

Good morning, Chickies! I am thrilled that I found this site! The recipes are amazing. Couldn't find an "Introduce yourself link" so I'll put it here. Hope that's ok. I have my husband on the SBD. Of course, I make the food & eat it too. He just turned 74 & I'll be 72 in August & we'll be married 54 years in June. Yes, I was married at 17. Very strict father & couldn't go out except for Sunday afternoons. We figured might as well get married so we could see each other! ...We have 2 sons, 52, 51 & a daughter, 47. Oldest son is married with 3 step kids, other son is married & has triplets, 2 boys & 1 girl & DD has a DD, 19 & a son, 17. The triplets just turned 22...How the heck did that happen so fast????.....& are graduating college this year.
So, my DH is 5'6" & was 223 lbs. I'm 5'2" & currently 122 lbs. I lost about 12 lbs & DH is now 211 lbs. We had started on Keto, but too many people saying there are too many fats in it, so we switched to the SBD. I'm glad because in Phase 2, fruits are introduced & whole grain bread. Personally, I don't want to lose anymore...I even hate saying that here. It's hard for me to eat other foods in front of him. When he's watching tv in another room, I'll have "extras" lol. Introducing P2 now, but still keep P1 in the diet.
Being Italian, I love to cook & bake. Holidays are always an abundance of food. (Italians always think there's not "enough" food!) January 1st is always a "Start dieting" day! DH says he's the "official" taste tester of the cookies I make!
Anyway, I just wanted to come & say again, how great this forum is. The hardest part of SBD is finding recipes when you don't want or can't afford to pay for meals. I do have the first book (blue) of SBD & got Super Charged, too. The difference between the two seems to be that Super Charged tells you how much of a certain food you can have.
Hope to be on again soon.
Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by nuzzmark; 04-09-2019 at 10:28 AM.
nuzzmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:30 PM   #11  

Welcome nuzzmark! It is great that you and DH are doing this together, it is always great to be in sync even if you don't need to lose any weight. My DH and I are celebrating our anniversary today 31 years together, we also have 3 kids, DS is 27, DD1 is 25 and DD2 is 15. I am currently trying to lose weight but not able to exercise due to knee issues, having a scope done on Friday to hopefully repair the torn meniscus portion.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:16 PM   #12  

Hi Pearlrose!
Happy Anniversary! Hopefully, you can have your knee issues resolved. Good luck with the diet, too!
nuzzmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:31 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening, chicks.

Pearlrose, happy anniversary! Hope the allergies aren't giving you too much grief. (you could always come here....we are having a little snow this evening so there is nothing blooming yet!) Perhaps the end of the week will be full of good news: the scope and then the job question.

Cenari, so glad to hear you had a good visit with family. We were also putting off the taxes; I ended up taking a day off to deal with it last week. I agree with you: even when I am off plan I think I make better choices now than before SB.

Debbie, hope things are going well. I am sure you are busy as always! When will you start planting in the greenhouse?

Welcome to Nuzzmark. This site has tons of great advice and recipes. I get the whole "cooking for DH" thing and I do think that eating SB in general is way better than so many other "diets". If you don't need to lose you can add more fruit and grains. Feel free to ask any questions you think of and to join our regular chat.

Have a good evening chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:04 AM   #14  

Good morning!
Welcome nuzzmark!! You're an inspiration at your goal weight. I think that puts you in ph3, which might be close to a man's ph2, since they get more on the menus I've seen. Did you use the packaged meal plan? Your family sounds lovely, I bet they keep you busy.
My DH & I will be celebrating our 25th in Oct. It's a 2nd marriage for both of us. We have 4 DDs, 31-50yo, between us & 11 grands, 1mo-26yrs. Most are scattered in OH & NC. We retired & moved to the mountains of WNC a few years ago. I get to spend more time with the younger ones & fill-in babysitting as needed. We go to OH a few times a year to see the others & my mom.
I joined 3fc last summer & lost 25#s. I'd love to lose 20 more by Nov. It has been a journey. The chicks here have been a tremendous resource.
Pearlrose, Happy Anniversary! Hope it was very special.
Beth, I can't believe you're still getting snow.
Hi Lexxiss! Hope all is well.
Have a wonderful day, chicks✌
Old 04-10-2019, 11:37 AM   #15  

Good morning,

Just got back from HS, DD2 got an academic award for receiving 4.0 or greater GPA. Proud of her. All my kids and their SO came to dinner with us last night. It was fun evening and after DD1 , her Finance and DD2 went to IKEA and I spent my birthday money coupon I got. Got a new comforter cover and some other little stuff. Starting to get a bit anxious about both surgery and finding out about position. Fingers crossed on both.

Beth I will pass on that snow lol, I think we are finally done with it.

Cenari I am glad I got my taxes done early.

Nuzzmark I agree with other chickies your on maintenance phase.

Debbie hope you are not going to get a done of snow.