South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-01-2019, 09:09 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default June 2019 Daily Thread

Welcome to a new month following South Beach Diet. We are a small group who focus on posting daily while staying On Plan. Anyone is welcome just jump on in!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:17 AM   #2  

Good morning.
Looks like everyone is busy and many are traveling so I thought I would start up the thread for the new month.

Life here is same old-same old: 2 weeks left of classes and then state exam week. I can't believe May is done although the weather for the next few days looks like April- cool and rainy. I hope to finish planting the veggies in the garden today and then pick away at some chores.
Weight is hovering a bit higher than I like so I am going for at least 2 pounds of WL this month. I've been trying to make "best choices" for food; I should probably do a week of P1 to reset.

Cenari, enjoy your time with family.
Pearlrose, safe travels to you! Glad to hear your knee is improving.
Debbie, I'm glad you had a good trip. One of today's chores is filling and putting out the hummingbird feeder. I love to watch those little guys!
Clara, hope you are having a good week!

Enjoy your day, chicks.

Last edited by Beth19; 06-01-2019 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, Beth!
Family time was great, but it's good to be home. No weigh-in yet. I did get back to food log yesterday & will be back to SB tomorrow. Even 'off plan', logging keeps me from straying too far. I 'bite it, I write it'.
Have a great week chicks ✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:28 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started for the lovely month of June, Beth! Sorry I haven’t been around. Just super engrossed in the daily life of many things going solo while Kirk is in Alaska.

The Laundromat has been holding its own with no immediate emergencies, floods, etc.

i’ve been consumed working in the yard every day. It’s the time of year that if I don’t get it started right then I am overrun with weeds and my greenhouse doesn’t grow. I have gotten the greenhouse started and worked this week mostly on trimming trees. Wish I could have someone else do that but if I call somebody they will come in August. It’s looking pretty good tree wise, in the east side of the yard but I managed to slice my finger in the process. I didn’t saw through it just bumped it with the super sharp saw. That was Wednesday morning, and it’s healing well without infection. I will be very careful at the restaurant today. Several trips to Denver this week and another trip over the continental divide to talk with my trash company because they haven’t been picking up the rentals properly. They are shortstaffed but unfortunately when there is trash all over the Bears come down. They picked up at the rentals yesterday but I have four barrels in front of my house that they didn’t get. Hopefully that will be today because I’m in the mood to just keep filling them up again.

my food has been OK. I just didn’t get my smoothies made during my mornings while I was working in the yard. I would really like to work on that. I can tell I don’t have as much energy when I don’t get that daily smoothie in.

speaking of smoothie, I need to get it made, fill the hummingbird feeder, and try to move some piles of stuff around in my house. I’ve been trying to get some rooms deep cleaned in between everything else and also sort through some stuff. I’m trying to take advantage of not having to attend to the many extras when my husband is here. He’s having a great time in Alaska! Helping his cousin whose husband passed away last winter. He’s building a big staircase for her. That’s good because she could really use the help right now.

I guess we could call Friday A start to the weekend. Enjoy everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:46 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We got back yesterday afternoon and I was busy unpacking, cleaning house and giving the doggie a bath. I even did laundry yesterday, but that was so I could work today to get caught up on emails and start some of end of the month reports. Didn't advertise I was working today so not getting bothered. DD2 should arrive back from her band trip around 1:30 p.m. so waiting for the text to come get her. She had a great time, they kept us updated with lots of pictures. Our trip to Texas was relaxing and a good visit with FIL he is still doing well. I got on the scale today and was happy to see it had only gone up 3 lbs (if you saw what choices were you wold understand). I started Phase 1 today to just get all the water weight and cravings under control. I need to lose about 20 lbs before the wedding in October, so going to go for 8 lbs this month (take off the 3 and another 5 the rest of the month).

Beth glad school is winding down for you.

Ceneri good idea continue to log even when off plan, I need to get back to that, I do so much better when logging.

Debbie sounds like you are super busy, I will need to weed some more this weekend in between all of the rain we are gettting.

Have a wonderful evening.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:33 PM   #6  
Recovering Sugar Addict

S/C/G: 263/260/188

Default I need support!

It has been years on and off dieting. Here I am, back again and I am probably heavier than I have ever been. Starting Phase One tomorrow morning. I lost plenty of weight years ago on South Beach but have had so many ups and downs and health issues in between. I'm worried that it is now or never! I'll check in with this thread. Thanks.
MsKayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:38 AM   #7  

Good morning,

Welcome to MsKayBee, we are a small group now but please feel free to ask any questions you might have.

I have been on plan since Friday and have lost the 3 lbs I gained on the trip now to lose my goal of 5 more this month and keep it off, I seem to being doing the same thing as Beth up and down for the same 5 lbs. Going to try and stay the course from now on. I need to start exercising now that my knee is feeling better the PT exercises take up so much time since I do them twice a day but I need to get better about it and get back into the exercise groove.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-10-2019, 11:53 AM   #8  

Good morning chicks🙋
Welcome MsKayBe!!
Last week was a bust for me. No excuses, just couldn't quite get my focus together. Weighed in 3#s up this morning, but realized I hung on to some of May's loss & still under that dreaded 170 (I hope to never see again). I'm back to it today. If I don't lose some by eow in 1.5, I'll be back to Ph1 next week.
I have a doc appt today to get my ears flushed. They've been plugged over a week & my hearing is bad. It's a sinus/allergy thing I try to control, but keeps getting worse every year. As they say, this aging thing ain't for sissies!
Have a marvelous Monday all✌
Old 06-11-2019, 03:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

Default Back again!

Hello everyone! I have been doing Atkin's for awhile and it is just too restrictive for summer and all the fresh fruits and veggies available now. I am starting at phase 2 today. I love summer and today I spent a good bit of time weeding my garden.
Ohio Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:41 PM   #10  

Good afternoon.
We had a beautiful weekend of sunshine; it was very satisfying to get out and do some work in the flower beds. I also went looking for fencing options; the darned rabbits have already nibbled on my broccoli! DH said perhaps we should re-think planting so many veggies since we have a lot of farmer's markets, roadside stands and Amish farms for good produce. Let them fight the critters! Weight is stuck but at least not going up I should probably go back to logging my food.

Welcome (back) to Ohio Dreamer and MsKayBee. It's always nice to see new posters.
Cenari, good job on maintaining some of May's loss. Hope your ear issue is getting better.
Debbie and Pearlrose, good to see you both back!

It's lentil pasta for dinner tonight; I am trying to learn to eat more slowly and watch my portions. I have a tough time with both. Old habits are hard to break.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 263/214/157

Height: 5'2"

Default Stiff and sore

Beth I understand about the critters eating your garden! We have more problems with deer here. We have a fence of livestock panels but it doesn't help much. I still enjoy working in the garden and growing my own food.
I feel like I didn't do well yesterday. I lost track of time in the garden and missed lunch! I didn't really eat that much but I am trying to follow the guidelines! Oh well today is another day. I planned to work in the garden again but I am very sore from yesterday. I think when I get the house work caught up I will try and see how it goes.
How a great day everyone!
Ohio Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:48 AM   #12  

Good morning,

Yesterday, I did my first bike ride, not for long but knee felt good while riding so that is good. I did not eat good yesterday, adding some grain to my breakfast and that ended up setting off cravings. I think I need to do Phase 1 for a bit longer I think. Today, I am going into work, DH is going to drop me off and then pick me up later as we are going to the Watch party for game 7 for the Stanley cup. I will be tired tomorrow as I have to go into work first thing in the morning as we have a meet n greet with the new VP.

Welcome back Ohio Dreamer, part of my problem is I have not been logging consistently and need to get back to it.

Beth I have the same problem I eat too fast and too much and need to portion down.

Cenari hope you got your ears taking care

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-15-2019, 06:11 PM   #13  

Another day of rain. At least the sun was out for a little bit this morning and the next few days look better. I spent much of the day doing weekend niggles: laundry, cleaning, etc, now I'm taking a bit of time to relax. Weekends can be hard for me in terms of food; I find the weekdays are "business" mindset and the weekend says "relax". I am still learning how to relax without splurging....I am pleased that I have been OP so far today. Weight is down a pound, here's sticking to the plan.

Pearlrose, glad the knee is improving.

Have a great Saturday everyone.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:58 AM   #14  

Good morning,

Hope everyone had a good Father's day yesterday! We relaxed yesterday and just grilled out at the house, two older kids couldn't make it so we will do something together another time. Food has not been the best so I got back to it yesterday and hoping to keep it up, eat healthy and keep portions sizes down that is the goal. It is supposed to rain all week so won't be much outdoor activity. This afternoon need to run and get the windshield replaced on the car DD2 will be driving, she is using it for her driver license test in a couple of weeks so didn't want to take to DMV with a crack across the windshield. Work for home today and tomorrow and then go in for a couple of days.

Beth I agree need to change mindset as well, always a work in progress for me.

Have a great day everyone
Old 06-18-2019, 10:07 AM   #15  

Good morning chicks🙋
Last week was another bust getting back on track. Starting over, once again, today. I'll weigh tomorrow morning.
Pearlrose & Beth, I could not agree more on the mindset connection. When it's right, living op is easy. The hard part is getting & staying there for me. Still not sure why after so many years. But, I refuse to stop chasing the answer. It must be out there & worth it!
DD & her family were here Th-Sa. She & SIL went out to play & we got to babysit 2 grands. Our 2yoDGD stayed a couple extra days & went home yesterday. We meet halfway at a mall for playtime & lunch. She was more interested in the escalator than play area this time...lol
Last night we toasted surviving (& loving it) toddler time & ordered pizza.
So, all quiet here today. I'll be catching up laundry & groceries in a bit. I sent all off plan snacks home with them. DH has his stuff that I can resist.
We're back to warm, muggy & more rain this week. The builders might get our foundation started this month if weather cooperates. We've already had some inquiries from possible buyers of our current home, but won't sell until the other's ready next summer.
The next couple weeks should be slow for us, then back on the road the 4th weekend for a grad party in KY.
Hi Lexxiss & newcomers!!
Hope all ya'll are having a wonderful week✌