South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-21-2019, 08:56 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Friday,

Good morning, so glad it's Friday been a long week. This week I have been op following Phase 2 and just watching portion sizes going to try and follow that plan, scale is moving back down again so I think its working. I did do a walking exercise for the first time this morning, knee was still a bit stiff but tolerated it with no pain so going to start incorporating that as well as my knee exercises and slowly build back up. I don't go for 12 week check up til second week in July.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a great day!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 09:23 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning chicks.
It seems our good weather has finally come to stay; only 1 day of rain this week. I have been trying to spend some time in the flower gardens each day weeding; the weeds in the perennial beds start growing as soon as the grass grows. I think this is the prettiest time of year for my flowers, I have more stuff that blooms in June than any other time. I have a few more days to report to school for the year but I gave and graded my state exam this week which means the bulk of the work is done which is satisfying.
I've been eating somewhere between p 1.5-2; I try to keep myself to a max of 1 serving of whole grain per day; this morning my weight was down a bit so that is good.

Pearlrose, I'm glad your knee is feeling better and the weight is moving down! Way to go!

To the rest of the chicks, hope all is well. Have a good day.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:38 PM   #18  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Sorry I havenít been around! Kirk gets home tomorrow morning and life should get easier.

We have had a week long stretch of very cool and rainy weather. It was actually 38į here this morning. It seems it has broken and it is supposed to be in the mid to high 70s all next week. We didnít have snow here but I saw it on the cars that came to the restaurant this weekend.

not much interesting news. Iíve been working like a boss in the yard and itís looking pretty good. I have potatoes and corn coming up and the tomatoes in the greenhouse seem to be doing well.

choices have been pretty good. Now I need to make a switch over and start thinking about things that are easier for Kirk to eat. All in all life has been pretty boring but I do enjoy working out in the yard. Seems as always that summer will pass quickly.

Beth, I think June is the prettiest time here, as well. Once we hit July and August things just start getting scorched and itís so hard to keep up. With all the rain weíve had and everything is lush and green.

Rose, Must feel good to get out on a bike after all youíve been through.

Ceneri, Enjoy your peace and quiet. Iím sure things will start getting busy once the foundation is in for the new house. How far away from your current house?

Well I am home from the restaurant. Iím going to take a little rest as my sister and I are going to go out to dinner with the guy we bought the Laundromat prom. He thinks he wonít be through here till after 6 PM. Makes a long day for me but thatís OK. Tomorrow I leave bright and early for the airport.

enjoy the start of a new week!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:27 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks!
I do look forward to your updates.
Pearlrose, glad your past any knee limitations & doing well. What kind of bike do you have?
Beth, you must really be looking forward to Summer ahead & school behind you soon, for a bit anyway. I remember how fast those 'breaks' went.
Lexxiss, your life sounds anything but boring to me, but then again, I love what many consider boring. Our new lot is just 12 lots up the street from our current home. We'll be able to watch the progress every step of the way. The builders want our ok with placement before breaking ground. I'm sure I'll get tired if decisions towards the end, for now it's all exciting.
I'm back to phase 1 today. My pseudo 1.5-2 wasn't enough to get back to losing. I need the specific planning, at least for a few days. My next goal is to get under 165, then to 160 by end of Aug. I also want to get busy walking more.
Another quiet week here, so I'm focusing on diet, my journal & getting outside. Today I have to see the dentist, a crown came off, hopefully, he can just put it back. But, is anything ever that easy? My ear appt was not, all good now though.
Any newbies with us?🙋
Hope you all have a great day & week!✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:29 PM   #20  

Good morning,

Start of another week, just finished a yummy salad for lunch. Still trying to just eat healthy and work out more. Scheduled my knee follow up appt, which I am sure she will give me a shot and hoping that gets me closer to 100%. i also scheduled Kitty vet's appt and my mammogram appt. DD2 turns 16 Jul 8th so that day will be taking her to get her DL and passport. Still on holding pattern to find out what is happening with work.

Beth we have had so much rain everything is green and lush around here. Need to get back to weeding.

Debbie sounds like you are super busy as usual. Hope Kirk had a safe flight home.

Cenari making decisions sounds like fun since it is so close to your current home.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-26-2019, 08:34 AM   #21  

Good morning chicks🙋
The thing I do like about phase 1 is looking forward to the scale. After 2 good days weight's down, so I'm 2#s away from May low. It's also very motivating to keep going for my bigger goals. I'm cautiously optimistic my head's back in it too.
We've had beautiful weather this week, sunny & 70s & very green after the rains. I'm off to enjoy this fine day with gratitude in my heart.
Hope you all have an especially lovely day✌
Old 06-28-2019, 11:38 AM   #22  

Good morning,

All the teams affected by my organizations transformation to managed services got notified yesterday that our jobs are being eliminated Dec 6. Affects around 200 people, they are giving us severance packages if we stay til Dec 6. I am still waiting to hear from new VP regarding the one position I applied for so should be hearing the week of Jul 8th where that stands. The new VP will have 24 jobs for people to apply for and the managed services company is wanting to hire a bunch of people too we will find out Jul 8th. Please send positive vibes my way for the one position I am waiting on. Still trying to eat healthy and have been working out but find out my right knee tendinitis does not like bike riding it flared up so I have stopped that and just doing 1 miles walks for now.

Cenari glad Phase 1 is working great for you to get back on track

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-28-2019, 12:18 PM   #23  

Height: 5' 5"

Pearlrose, how stressful for you! I've gone through the" waiting for it" and job cut process so I understand what you are feeling. I will send you good thoughts. Hang in there.

Cenari, great job on P1. I am on vacation this coming week and plan a full P1 after that.

Debbie, hope things are going well.

School is done and I have been keeping busy doing a lot of yard work the last few days. We have had some nice summer weather (finally!) and the garden is taking off. Our blueberry bushes are doing well also.

Have a good day chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:34 AM   #24  

Good morning chicks!

Pearlrose, I'm sorry for your workplace chaos. The uncertainty must be stressful & agonizing. I def am sending postive vibes your way. Good job continuing to take care of yourself throughout.

Beth, enjoy your vacation! Hope it's all good & can't wait to hear more.

I wasn't perfect this week, but had a good few days on Ph1 & sticking close to 1.5 the rest. Enough to lose 2#s, still 1 away from recent low. Planning & tracking are necessities for me & I'm back to it. Today, I'll write my goals for the week & possible challenges. Then I check in to my list daily, marking what I did or missed with thoughts & comments. I also plan a 3 day menu at a time & log everything I eat on LoseIt. None of it takes much time, I use my tablet & phone. I've learned I need the accountability. Everytime I think I don't, I drift off track before I know it. Maybe one day, but I kind of like it.

Hope you all have a beautiful last day😱 of June✌