3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   March 2019 Daily Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/317052-march-2019-daily-thread.html)

Beth19 03-18-2019 05:31 PM

Good afternoon.
Cenari, great job on P1! There's a thread on moving to P1.5(2) in the FAQ section if you want some ideas. Your plan for dealing with the festivities is a good one: more veggies and a bit of the off plan food. (Personally I struggle with portion control)
Pearlrose, it's great to hear your shopping trip was successful. Sounds like everyone had a good time.
Debbie, hope you had a good weekend at the restaurant.

I'm getting back into the exercise groove. It seems like I have finally kicked the last of that cold.
Have a good evening.

Pearlrose 03-19-2019 09:53 AM

Good morning,

I am still sugar free but portions have gotten a bit bigger than I would like so now trying to work on that and not having so many carbs either. The weather is finally moving towards spring like, so that is good. My left knee is still bothering me so I just emailed doc to see if we could just go ahead and set up scope. I am hoping that will help and then I can just deal with arthritis issues only.

Cenari great job with Phase 1

Beth glad you are able to get back into exercise grove, I miss exercising, can't wait til I can get back to at least some walks and yoga.

Have a great day everyone.

Lexxiss 03-19-2019 10:26 AM

Good Morning!

Ceneri, great job with the P1.How was your Irish dinner? We had corned beef, cabbage and new potatoes but passed on the Guiness.

Beth, glad to hear your cold has calmed down and you are able to exercise again.

Rose, glad your DD found the right dress! When is the wedding? Good that you are going to go ahead and schedule the scope. Wish you would get better sooner VS later.

Weekend at the restaurant was good. Got some rest and some chores completed yesterday morning then DH and I headed to our favorite park in Denver. He has a new ankle brace so he happily walked Lily around the lake and I rode my bike twice around. I could have gone for another but it was just too cold. My hat didn't cover my ears adequately and I was cold. Super good to get air in my tires and remember I can still ride (couldn't at my high weight).

Today started early at the Laundromat now I meet a painter at 10 then up to the ski area after then over to Glenwood after clothing drop off at the MAT. Kirk has a dental appt. tomorrow for impressions so no pain involved.

Well the painter just cancelled....dipsh*ts. LOL

Ok, guess I will head to the ski area early.

Have a great Tuesday!

Pearlrose 03-21-2019 09:26 AM

Good morning,

Looks to be a beautiful spring day here, temps are in the 50s for highs loving it. Waiting on docs office to call me back to schedule scope. Working from home today, so will get to enjoy the weather a bit, wish I could go on a walk but hopefully will be able to do in future. I haven't had any sugar but I did have Italian bread so trying to get back on track today for better carbs.

Debbie sounds like you are busy going here and there :) Hope you get some pool time when you go to Glenwood.

Have a great day everyone

Ceneri 03-21-2019 11:02 AM

Good morning chicks!
Thanks all! I'm down 2#s more & think I might break another 10 mark by eom. But...I have been battling a stomach bug & awful sinuses, which kills what appetite I did have. Thankfully, even bad choices don't sound good. Mostly broth, tea & SF jello yesterday. The corned beef's on hold until I feel better. DH doesn't mind & happy to lay low after his trip.
Tummy's better today, sinuses are here for the season I'm afraid. I should take allergy meds, but avoid the Ds because of bp & others make me so drowsy. Every year I search for the 'magic bullet'.
Pearlrose, is the scope for diagnostic or treatment? Great job staying SF!!
Lexxiss, your schedule sounds exhausting. Hope you get some down time in there.
Beth, glad you're back to healthy & exercising. WTG! I found these great 2oz containers for keeping snacks handy & portions controlled. That is a challenge until appetite's in check.
Hope all ya'll have a beautiful day ✌

Beth19 03-21-2019 05:42 PM

Hey chicks.
Not much new around here: work is busy, the weather is slowly improving (we will ignore the little storm predicted for tomorrow night). I've been pretty good food wise and the scale as ticked down a bit from the beginning of the month.
Cenari, sorry to hear you are sick but it's great to drop a few pounds. I weigh every day, so I am used to the ups and downs, but it is SO satisfying to have that drop down.
Pearlrose, did you get your scope scheduled?
Debbie, a bike ride sounds like fun. It has been a long time since I rode one, our road doesn't have good shoulders and too many crazy drivers. I'd like to find some paths/trails to use.

Have a good evening all..

Ceneri 03-25-2019 08:03 AM

Good morning chicks!
Is this really the last week of March?
Our weekend weather was gorgeous! I got out for walks, but wore out easy with sinus head & coming off a bug. I've been op eating, but weight's stuck again. That's typical for me after a drop & moving off Ph1. Appetite is still way down, so I know the slow loss will come.
We close on the new lot tomorrow, no cold feet yet. I must get to tax filings this week, too. Then, back to DDs' next week for grandbaby time.
Hope you're all well & have a great Monday✌

Pearlrose 03-25-2019 10:04 AM

Good morning,

So I had a lesson learned, I had ordered super foods green drink zero sugar full of veggies that was supposed to stabilize sugars and give energy for the day and when I got on the scale a week later, I had gained 6 lbs. No did not eat any sugar but I was hungry all of the time. So I have stopped taking the green shake in the morning and switched back to Phase 1, weight is starting to slowly come off but should have know when hunger was constant. I did get my scope scheduled it is on April 12th. This is the week of my second interviews one is tomorrow afternoon and the other is Thursday morning so wish me well.

Cenari hopefully you will get a swoosh soon glad Phase 1 went well

Beth glad to hear that you are feeling better. I have been thinking maybe I should take up biking less stress on joints? I will wait until I have recovered from scope and see what is up.

Debbie hope you are doing well.

Have a great day everyone.

Pearlrose 03-26-2019 08:17 AM

Good morning,

I am down 4 of the 6 lbs this morning, no more weekly weighing for me it is back to daily. Looks like I will end the month hopefully back to where I started instead of losing any weight. I am on day 3 of Phase 1 not as hard this time because sugar was already eliminated, just removing grains. Today is my first of two interviews it is at 4 p.m., starting from home and will drive in when traffic is not so bad in between conference calls.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Ceneri 03-26-2019 10:22 AM

Good morning chicks!
Pearlrose, wow! That's quite a weight swing in a week. Good job getting back on track. Did that drink have sugar alcohols? I read our body can react the same as to real sugar & think mine does. Another plus for SB... we're more aware of how stuff triggers hunger & cravings.
Good luck on your interview today!
I've been weighing daily this month, which is easier when the pounds are dropping. I still might break 170 this month, but if not, I'm so close & will soon. I can't remember last I've seen 160s!
Have a Happy Tuesday all✌

Beth19 03-26-2019 07:10 PM

Hey chicks.
Spring is trying to arrive here; we got snow over the weekend but yesterday and today were sunny and the temperature is going up. I plan on taking a walk outside tomorrow after work. I'm doing pretty well avoiding sugar although I have allowed myself 1 piece of multigrain toast in the morning. The daily reading of the scale looks like a stock market report but seems to be slowly going down. (the jury is still out on the losing 3 pounds for the month, though)
Pearlrose, hope the interview went well. A few years ago I tried doing smoothies for breakfast but it seemed to make my weight go up so now I reserve them for the afternoon only.
Cenari, March can be a LONG month for me but this year seems to have flown by. I am looking forward to April and May!
Debbie, hope things are going well. Did you re-schedule with the painter?

Have a good evening all.

Pearlrose 03-29-2019 09:34 AM

Good morning,

We have had a few days in the 60s tomorrow drops to 40s for a few days but Spring is definitely here. Lost another lb so almost back to where I was, should be there by Sunday for end of month. I completed all 4 interviews now to see what happens and who gets selected. My boss is still waiting to hear from the company she interviewed with, she had 7 interviews. What is with the multiple interviews nowadays whew!

Beth I am looking forward to April and May as well.

Have a great day everyone!

Lexxiss 03-29-2019 09:03 PM

Hi everyone!

Thought I would say hello tonight since I work early tomorrow morning. And Sunday.

I am sorry I haven’t been here, just super busy. Don’t like to use that word but sometimes that is how it is. I made reservations for both Kirk and I to go to Alaska for 10 days leaving April 21. For that to happen there is a lot that needs to be accomplished. Especially taxes. LOL. I’ve been trying to get the color squared away for the painters. I took today off work from the restaurant because they were going to pressure wash today and wanted to paint early Monday morning. They canceled because their pressure washer was broken and They didn’t want to spend money to rent one. I told them how much it cost me to take the day off work. I think it was more than their pressure washer Rental.

anyway, food goes pretty good. Spring is in the air. Have planted sweet peas outside and I am doing some sprouts and micro greens in the house. I was actually able to take them out to the greenhouse for the day and they really grew with the light. I have to bring them in at night, of course.

I’ve had a lot of running around errands to do in Denver, and I’ve been taking my bike with me even though it requires the big vehicle. Kirk walks around the lake with Lily and I ride my bike. Glad when my head is in the right space to do that.
Well I am typing on my phone and it’s bedtime. Can’t believe we are ready to start April.

Beth19 03-29-2019 09:29 PM

Good evening, chicks.
Thought I would check in as the month's end is near. (I know, we have 2 more days of March but since this is a Friday it feels like the end. I changed the calendar before I left work today). Food has been pretty good; I still need to work on portion control but I AM avoiding the sugar. We had some warmer days lately and that helps me feel like staying in the exercise groove. The marking period ends next week so there is plenty to keep me busy at work.
Pearlrose, hope the interviews went well and you soon find out the results. Seeing the scale move down is so satisfying, even if you are just un-doing the last upward spike.
Debbie, your life always sounds so busy but full of fun too.
Cenari, hope all is well.

I made some mac and cheese with the chickpea pasta tonight; sooooo tasty. I am so happy to have found the legume pasta.
Have a good evening all.

Ceneri 03-30-2019 09:44 AM

Good morning chicks!
I always enjoy reading your updates. Glad to know you're all doing well.
This week's been perfect spring weather, 60s & sunny. I've gotten out for a decent walk everyday (& continued avoiding taxes🙄). Weight is still hovering at 170. Oh, how I'd love another drop before the month is over.
I'll be on the road tomorrow & on grandbaby duty next week. Always fun, if exhausting & tricky to control eating. I'm a little better prepared every time, as long as I plan decisions ahead & have good choices around.
Have a great weekend!✌