South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 06:03 AM   #1  
Mous

Default Today's a New Day at the Beach DAILY 9/8

Rise and shine and put on a new face for today is a NEW day at the Beach!

Throw away your feelings of guilt, failure, depression, woes and just plain if I did this and that.

TODAY is a NEW day.

Today you start anew. You put on your healthy thinking cap and you plan for this day.

Once you have your plan you refer to it during the day and write down your feelings and accomplishments.

You no longer think I can't, won't. it won't work...you think I CAN, WILL and It IS going to work.

We are the captians of our own ship, master of our universe, creator of ourselves. We can do this alone or with US, The Beach Beauties.

Every day can be a new day. It doesn't mean you have to start over, or stay longer. It just means that you seize the momement to stay OP and to say NO.

Go and make this new day the best yet.

REMEMBER we are all starting a new day. What will this day have in store for you?

~~~~~~~~~~

I am down another POUND!

2 years ago I weighed 190~TODAY I weigh 155.
Well, it was less, but I got a new scale and there was a 2 pound difference.....why I went with the higher # I will NEVER know, but it is still the same # of pounds lost. On SBD I have lost 13 1/2 pounds in 7 weeks.

Eyes are the same, but it is takling longer this time to heal. For some reason during the middle of the night I throw off my goggles. You wouldn't believe where I find them and how far I throw them! Hee hee!

Cut my hair and I think I did a pretty good job! Boast boast. As my face is geting smaller my hair is getting shorter!

Have a nice NEW day and remember to think healthy and be POSITIVE.

Hugs to you ALL,
Marcie
Old 09-08-2003, 07:03 AM   #2  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Ah, the power of positive thinking! Thanks for the timely message, Marcie. For some reason I am already struggling this morning and I have only been up for half and hour! Just an attitude struggle...I want to be in a crabby mood but I won't let me!

Congrats on your continued weight loss! Do you look back on pictures from a couple of years ago and find it hard to believe that was you? You are a brave woman to cut your own hair....if I did that it would look like my 7 year old went scissor happy! I bet your new hairstyle shows off your slender face to great advantage!

I'm sorry your eyes aren't healing as quickly as you would like. I used to sleep with a mouth guard (I grind my teeth) and that silly thing would end up in the weirdest places! And it had to be PRYED from my mouth...it didn't just fall out on its own! You could try duct tape?

I just realized that I have lost almost 20 pounds since starting SBD the first of June! I had a major stall after losing 10 pounds on phase 1 but have FINALLY gotten into the "groove" and have seen steady loss since I started coming to 3FC! I actually took the batteries out of my scale so I am having withdrawal already. While I never worried about what the scale said as long as I was doing the right things, I still managed to climb on the silly thing numerous times a day! Just one more behavior I need to modify, right?

Sending good thoughts and hugs to everyone for a wonderful week. I'll get boot camp started here in a few minutes...I need my decaf coffee before I can start hollering!

Last edited by frannymae; 09-08-2003 at 07:05 AM.
Old 09-08-2003, 07:20 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Thanks for the message, Marcie. And lady, you are doing SO well with your weight loss! Good for you, sweetie!! I just said a prayer for you and your eyes. Hang in there... all will be well.

Franny, I just can't imagine that you could EVER be crabby.
Hey, almost 20 pounds is GREAT! I'm so happy with this "diet". It's working for so many of us!

Ruth, in case you pop in, love, hugs and prayers for you and Harry.

Love to everyone...

I'm going to stay home today and have a "me" day. Which involves getting the house back in order after the chaos of the weekend with everyone home.
I walked over 18 000 steps yesterday, but I've been eating very poorly. I'm going to concentrate on getting back on track with my food today.
Oh my gosh! Yoga tonight! I keep forgetting!
Old 09-08-2003, 08:01 AM   #4  
In Control: E+R=O

Good Morning Beach Beauties,

Marcie, congratulations on another pound released! And also on all of the weight you've lost so far...you're doing great!! I'm sorry that your eyes are healing slower than you would like.

I do have a positive attitude today. I got a lot accomplished this weekend, so I feel pretty good about myself.

And franny, congratulations on your great loss also! I know exactly what you mean about the scale. I've gotten into the habit of stepping on that darn thing several times a day too! Mine doesn't have a battery, so I can't try that little trick. I need to put it up somewhere hard to reach so that it's not so easily accessible to me....but it's kind of like a security blanket and I feel lost without it!

Ellis, have a fabulous ME day, you deserve it!! 18,000 steps is amazing, I'm so impressed!!! I haven't even managed 10,000 yet, but I'm getting close. Have a great time at yoga too. I wish there were some yoga classes around here....I did that many years ago and loved it....although right now I'm sure I couldn't get into any of the poses at all, much less hold them for any period of time....it would not be a pretty sight!

I'm not weighing today, my TOM started today. So I'll report my loss.....I mean release.....next week.

Today is supposed to be our last day in the 90s, then start to cool off tomorrow!! Yippeee, I can't wait. The heat is hard on my fat old body!

Have a Marvelous Monday on the beach ladies!!!
Old 09-08-2003, 08:09 AM   #5  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Marcie-Sorry to hear your eyes aren't healing as quickly as you would like. But GOOD FOR YOU for another pound lost!!!

Franny-CONGRATULATIONS to YOU too!! WOW! both of you are doing really well!!! Hope that the day gets easier for you. I really don't like it when I'm crabby right from the moment I get up.

Ellis-YAY!! A ME day!!! I need to get to work, so I won't be having one today. Just hope DS13 doesn't call home sick today. He insisted on going into the attic last night, and now he is coughing. Allergies, but he was playing it up for all it was worth this morning.

Marcie-ME TOO!! I don't tolerate the heat AT ALL any more!! Love this nice cool fall weather that has been coming in.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:28 AM   #6  

good morning all and congrats on the wonderful weight loss!! Pretty tired today from the weekend fun.....but, we had a great time!!!
Glad to be home but, have to go to the City (OKC) in a few...2 hour trip....I will explain later....You guys have a great one!!! Love you !!!
Old 09-08-2003, 10:47 AM   #7  

Angry today is the 1st day of the rest of my life

today i am starting this WOE, & actually got my hubby to do it with me...

can't wait to see positive changes & to feel better
Old 09-08-2003, 10:47 AM   #8  
Imagine...

Morning All

Busy day at work for me so this is a drive by. Congrats for the losses. I somehow wrenched my leg over the weekend, can't put any weight on it, so I am hopping around like a bunny. I wonder if hopping counts as exercise? Did lousy with food & water & exercise, but somehow maintained my weight.

Gotta fly...love, hugs & smiles to you all
Old 09-08-2003, 11:04 AM   #9  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Good morning all

had a bit of a rough start to the weekend, but I ended it on a good note (eating wise)

had a 3-day slip up - but, i am back to Phase 1.5 - well, not quite - we'll call it Phase 1.25

but, one great thing is i went to the gym this past weekend (for the first time in forever) and i ran 4 miles!! haven't done that in months!

getting excited about working out again!

oh yeah - if any of you are craving a sandwich, try this:

buy eggplant and slice it about a quarter inch thick to be the "bread" and then put your lunchmeat, etc...inside it - not exactly wonder bread but it makes me feel like i don't have to eat salads for lunch all the time!

have a great day!
Old 09-08-2003, 11:28 AM   #10  

Good morning to you all. Yes, I can agree with most of the peeps this morning about having a rough weekend food wise. I really don't know what my problem is lately, but I am ALWAYS hungry, and yes, I am eating plenty enough...The strange thing is that I gave up sugar 2.5 years ago and really have never had a problem craving it since. But this last week it has been on my mind constantly. I have even been dreaming about doughnuts. Thankfully, I haven't acted on any of these cravings, but it is really bothersome. WHY NOW??????????? Anyway............

Lucky- Comgrats on the 4 mile run. Way to go...and I am sure it off set some of the 3 day off plan eating...just get back on track!!!

sflake- Sorry to hear about your leg. I hope it heals soon!!

lisainfl- Congrats on starting South Beach. Best of luck to you and your husband.

Whimsey- have a safe trip

Dentrassi- Hope you don't have to pick up your little Academy Award nominee for most dramatic performance from school early..

2dog- That scale is the devil girl. Exorcize it at once!!!!

Franny- Liked your suggestion on removing the battery. next step, throw the batteries away.....

Ellis- Enjoy your "me" day, girl!!!!

Marcie- Thanks for the timely and appropriate thought of the day, and Congrats on the weight loss. 13.5 pounds is INSPIRATIONAL.

To everyone else, have a great Monday on the beach!!!
Old 09-08-2003, 11:56 AM   #11  

Not much time ... coming back to work after a week off is no fun ...

Marcie, I didn't realize you had lost that much weight ... good for you ...

Ellis, have a great ME day ...

Franny, we started at the same time but I did a restart in July ...(cuz I messed up after Phase I) ... I'm down 16 ... are we good or what ???

Have a nice day everyone!!!
Old 09-08-2003, 12:26 PM   #12  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Whimsey-GLAD YOU HAD FUN!!! I had a good weekend too. Nice to enjoy ourselves sometimes, eh?

Lisainfl-WELCOME!! This is a GREAT WOE and a very supportive site. POST OFTEN!!!

SFLAKE_Hold in your tummy while you hop to get ADDED benefit!!!

Lucky-YUM!! That would be really good with boiled ham and cheese melted on top. LUNCH TIME!!!!

Jackie-YOU UNDERSTAND ME!! YOU REALLY UNDERSTAND ME!!!! So far no calls, I think he knows I'm not in a playful mood today!!!! (By the way, you made my day with your comment. VERY funny!!)

Nikki-You are doing GREAT!!
Old 09-08-2003, 01:20 PM   #13  

Hello chickies! I'm VERY new to all this...I don't even have the book yet and can't figure out what to buy in the grocery store! Is it too early to start anyway? I couldn't decide if I should be cream in my coffee (Atkins) or fat free coffeemate this morning so I skipped coffee and, in fact, skipped breakfast...so busy reading all about South Beach Diet! Then I was starving so I ate FUDGE!!! I need help making a menu until I get the book! Anyone able to help?

You gals make this all look like so much fun! I'm 5'7", My heaviest was 222, I lost 55lbs on Atkins in one year and then gained back about 25 when, under peer pressure, I tried WW. Atkins didn't really work as well the next time and so I am looking for some diet that will work and feel good and be something I can commit to. Right now I'm about 185 and would like to lose at least 30 more lbs (and keep them off!!!)

You ladies make South Beach Diet seem like a good lifetime choice! Is it really that "easy"?????

Also, please forgive me, but I am not that computer literate and not even sure how I got to this section...

Regardless of my dark morning...I have hope and congratuate each of you on your incredible, amazing accomplishments and committments!!! I'm impressed and hope I can "fit" in!
Old 09-08-2003, 04:31 PM   #14  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Lisa & J&LMom-welcome, welcome! I think you will find this a great place to get answers to questions and support while you learn this new WOL!

J&LMom, take a couple of days to "digest" the book! By then you will be better able to plan menus and make shopping lists. Being prepared can mean the difference between success and failure! I can honestly say I can eat this way for life. I rarely have cravings, I don't go hungry, and I feel great! I know that once I reach my goal weight I will be able to have the OCCASIONAL treat and still maintain my weight. This WOE is designed to teach us to eat a healthy diet for life, not just to lose weight. So, keep on reading and come here with your questions...there is a lot of ambiquity in the book so you will probably have a lot!

I'm not ignoring all you other chicksters....just in a mad dash to get stuff done before dinner! Glad to see everyone is present and accounted for!
Old 09-08-2003, 05:52 PM   #15  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hi, everybody!!!!

So sorry I'm signing on so late. I had a very busy day
teaching Bible Study, and keeping up on my exercise +
ran several errands. You were all on my mind along with my
SBD commitment as always.

Marcie, your message was again uplifting, and I am so
very proud of you and Franny's weight loss. Actually, I think
congrats are in order for quite a few of you! Hope I
can follow suit!

Today I "touched my toes" into the waters of Phase 2! I ate some blueberries this afternoon. Wow, did they
ever taste good! I lost another pound today, so that's a total of 5 pounds since August 24. I'm not craving bad Carbs any
more. Which is amazing to me! You are all such great role
models, and are my source of motivation.

Thanks, Beach Buddies!
~Sharon
Closed Thread