South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-24-2019, 09:17 AM   #61  
beachboddreamer

S/C/G: 240

Height: 5'6

Default Good morning

I have completed day 2 I have started bringing more to eat and have made some roasted chick peas for the times when I start to get hungry but a meal is not yet completed. I'm really going to love the clearance bin for vegetables lol since they are so expensive since I'm eating so much of them.

I take the bus to work and outside was a skating rink today on the sidewalks...nothing says its a great morning by looking like your trying to do a comedy sketch of the greatest fall ever when going to work...I've really got to brush up on looking graceful when slipping and sliding.
Beachboddreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:49 AM   #62  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Welcome to Beachboddreamer and skevett! Glad you are joining us!

As usual, it's been a few very busy days. Got DH to his orthopedic appointment in Denver on Monday then to Glenwood Tuesday for his dental apt Wednesday morning. We traveled back over yesterday which was a good call because we have a blizzard here right now. I have lots of tax paperwork going on right now and have scheduled a massage at 11:30. I set an alarm so I don't get busy and forget.

Food choices going well. I'm moving down 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 a week right now. I'm focusing on SBD appropriate food choices, not overeating at meals and zero tolerance for off plan late night snacking. When I do that I don't feel deprived and the scale moves (in the right direction)

Have a great day everyone!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:31 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chicks,
Welcome Beachbd! Congrats on day2!! How are you feeling? The 1st few days are always hardest for me.
Beth, shoveling snow is very strenuous. Were you sore after?
Lexxiss, way to keep losing & op with all that. I get twitchy just thinking about tax paperwork & dread it more every year. I do a few for family & used to do it for a living before teaching & still hate it.
Hope your massage was wonderful.
My horoscope today actually said I'm doing everything right & not getting results...nfk...go figure. It said to get adventurous, but I think I'll just stay the course.
Hope you all have an awesome afternoon ✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:15 PM   #64  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Welcome to Beachboddreamer and skevett! I am still staying the course but scale is not moving, I am sure due to limited movement. I just ordered another natural suppplement that is for body and joints and going to see if that will help with pain in knees so I can get off Tylenol and Motrin. One week of crutches and haven't really noticed a difference, but I am sure the cold weather isn't helping either. Starting to drive me crazy the no movement, I am used to get up and walking around every hour so I am not sitting so much and I feel like I am doing is sitting or laying down. I need to look into they Y for their water aerobic classes.

Glad everyone is doing well, Debbie way to go!!

Have a great day
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:47 PM   #65  
beachboddreamer

Pearlrose,

You may want to check in with an herbalist. My dad had crippling water on the knee and his masseuse whom is also an herbalist started making him a tea and now he is pain free and the water has dissipated.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:50 AM   #66  
beachboddreamer

Good morning,

Last night I was put back to square 1...I couldn't resist...face palm. Today I will start again and I will succeed. I am going to not have a pregnant looking belly when we go to Cuba!!!
Old 01-25-2019, 09:53 AM   #67  

Good morning,

It is freezing cold here, which I don't think is helping with my knees. Beachboddreamer thanks I might look into one around here and see what they suggest. I had some pasta last night couldn't resist when I made it for the family and lo and behold scale is up a couple of lbs so back to it today.

Beachboddreamer the beauty of our program is we can get right back to it. My goal is to lose at least 25 lbs by October, my daughters wedding.

Have a great day everyone and stay warm
Old 01-26-2019, 01:50 PM   #68  

Good afternoon chicks!
Pearlrose, the cold temps can be brutal on joints. Seeking alternative supplements can be confusing, there are a lot of good healers. I hope you find a trusted one.
Beachbd, it does get easier past the 1st week, imho. Many of us have been through the starts & falls early on. Don't give up. When are you going to Cuba?
My scale is finally moving again, even if only a pound. I broke the 175 barrier. Something about the 5 & 10 marks really feel like success. I'm going to start adding fruit moving into ph2. After lunch I had half a delicious pear waiting on my counter all week. It's perfect ripeness & juicy...so good. I'm not a huge fruit eater, but have missed it all month.
Tomorrow I'll be on the road & babysitting all week, so my checkins might be spotty.
Have a great weekend all✌
Old 01-27-2019, 03:33 PM   #69  
beachboddreamer

Default Good afternoon

Hi to everyone,

Ceneri, we are going in April to celebrate all our birthdays

So I've been going since Tuesday and since I've been learning over learned how to eat properly and not be starving... I've not seen any difference but I'm sure I will. Went snow shoeing today for an hour and I'm pooched. I thank God for his amazing ways... The snow today around the river was absolutely gorgeous!!

Last edited by Beachboddreamer; 01-27-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:56 PM   #70  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey all!
Busy weekend here with a science fair which involved spending my Saturday traveling on a bus for 2 hours with students. We had a good time and I was happy with their results.
Yesterday was mostly relaxation with some laundry going on in the background. We went to a Mexican place for dinner and I had a delicious chicken fajita with portabellas.. (no tortillas) Tonight is meatball casserole with chickpea pasta.

We are having some cold and snow this week but hopefully we will be on the low end.....and only get 6 inches (rather than the upper forecast amount of 12!)

Trying to make good choices but will only end the month down a couple pounds from the post-holiday binge. At least down is the right direction.

Have a great evening.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:10 AM   #71  

Good brrrrr morning,

We are in the polar vortez, the high tomorrow will be 5 brrr. Not helping with my knees lol. I did go see my primary doctor for my right knee and got a referral to my ortho doc for it. I don't think it is as messed up as left knee, but am hoping a shot to the knee will help so I can concentrate on getting the left knee fixed. Eating has been op went back to Phase 1 and today is day 3, going for 10 days to make sure I total get rid of cravings since Saturday was a cheat day.

Stay warm everyone.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:22 AM   #72  

Good morning chicks!
It is sooo cold! Not subzeros here, thankfully. Even though I'm from Northern OH, I've never liked the cold & can't tell a diff if it's 20°or -20°. Freezing is freezing & stinks.
My eating is off plan, but I am tracking & keeping calories in check. I came to DD's prepared w snacks but am at their mercy for meals. I thought I'd get out to the store, but easier said than done with a 3 month old for this grammy...lol. I'm not complaining & loving my time with her.
Hope all ya'll stay warm, safe & healthy.✌

Last edited by Ceneri; 01-30-2019 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:16 AM   #73  

Good morning,

Woke up to temp without wind chill at -5 brrrrrr. I have to go in today for an eye appt, I think I am still keeping it to get it done, I need to order new supply of contacts for the year. My new supplement arrived yesterday so going to try that and see how it works normally takes a week to kick in so I will supplement with tylenol for a bit and then see where I am at. Scale went down a couple of lbs today so was happy abut that, today is day 4 of Phase 1 for me and still eating op.

Cenari how fun enjoying your grandchild.

Stay warm everyone!
Old 01-31-2019, 12:36 PM   #74  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!

Sorry for those of you experiencing the polar vortex with the extreme cold. It seems to have missed us this time.

Life is busy but I am focusing on staying the course. The scale seems to drop 1# per week right now as long as I am pretty diligent. My main focus has been to eliminate the off plan items that had snuck in over the past 6 months (mostly at night after dinner comfort eating.) For now, I have replaced the chips and chocolate with a small bowl of grapenuts with stevia and banana sliced on top. It's given me the sweet and the crunch without all the off plan calories.

I am immersed in paperwork these days. As I'm going through the many year end reports for the company I am making a detailed instruction for each with login/pw information for my successor (if anything would suddenly happen to me) It made me nervous that I didn't have all that info compiled last year with all the traveling I did. Almost done. Also working on taxes. Most difficult is 1st year return for Laundromat. I will need help with that. Goal is to do this while it's cold out and be freed up for working outside when the nice warm streaks of weather come along in Feb. and March.

Have a great day everyone! I need to keep moving.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:11 PM   #75  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon chicks.
I wanted to check in and say I ended the month down 2 pounds from the post-holiday high. It's not much but it is the correct direction.
Very cold and blustery here; I have been good at getting in my exercise this week, either inside or with the shovel.

Debbie, sounds like you are crazy busy as always. Hope things are going well.
Have a good evening all.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote