South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-10-2019, 10:24 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 194/186/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks!
Thanks, Pearlrose. Sorry your knee is flaring up. Hope you get a solution & relief soon. I'm not a fan of the video stuff either, except for seeing the grands.
Weight is frustratingly stagnant this week. This is why I'm bad at weighing daily. I'd be on the scale 2 more times today if I'd let myself, I won't. Did I mention I get a bit obsessed?...lol. I am feeling a little bloated, not sure why. I think I do better with weekly or semi-wkly weigh ins.
Hi Beth & Lexxiss🙋
Anyone else still with us or new?
Have a great day all✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:28 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 219/?/155

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon Chicks!
Hope everyone is have a great week. Down 5 pounds from last week. I am still in the Phase 1. I have a friend from out of state coming next week and I am hoping i can stay on point. She wants to have a bit of R & R and have some drinks. I may not be able to not have a glass or two of wine.
mimito1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:37 AM   #33  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

i managed a full day of Phase 1 eating yesterday so going for day two today. We have a snowstorm headed our way that should start about noon and last til tomorrow night anywhere from 6 to 18 inches predicted lol. I got my MRI results back going back to doctor on Tuesday to discuss options for treatment, my left knee is a mess, have meniscus tear, arthritis, 2 stress fractures and a bakers cyst behind the knee according to the document. Doc just messaged me meniscus tear and arthritis and schedule an appt. I foresee some kind of surgery in my near future.

Cenari the second week always stinks on any diet, no movement at all when you are being so good just got to hang in there.

Mimito great job on losing 5 lbs.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:07 PM   #34  

Happy Friday all ya'll!
Pearlrose, that does not sound like good knee news. Yikes! No wonder it hurts. Maybe you can get some advice for relief in the meantime.
Thanks for the encouragement, too. I'm feeling less bloated today & still no change...grrr. I'm convinced when it comes it'll be a 2-3# drop at once. I probably should reduce protein portions & increase activity. For now, staying in Ph1 as is through the weekend.
Mimito! Congrats on your loss!! I would not hesitate to indulge a little & enjoy.
It's sunny but cold here with snow forecast this weekend. I think I'll finally have to take the 🌲 down, running out of excuses...lol. I promised DH some favorite cookies he didn't get over the holidays. I won't be taste testing this time.
Have a great day chicks✌
Old 01-11-2019, 08:49 PM   #35  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening, chicks.
Pearlrose, while I am sure you are glad to finally have information it does not sound good! My sympathy for you; I went through a similar knee injury a few years back. Hope you have a good doctor to take care o f it.
Cenari, we have sub-zero style cold this weekend but I do love seeing the sun. Great job keeping OP; I suspect you are right that a big drop is coming.
mimito, great job! I love that big whoosh of weight loss when you stick to P1. Enjoy your time with your friend.

This has been a very busy week for me. The robotics team has their big competition tomorrow. It will be good to finish that up. Food is better so I am hoping for some small WL soon.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:49 AM   #36  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Rose, I am sorry to hear about your knee. Hopefully, knowing what it is there’s now an opportunity for repair, even if it means surgery. My thoughts are with you. That’s hard

my phone is not cooperating this morning so please excuse the short post. Sorry I haven’t been around this week it’s been a long one. Travel, dental stuff veterinary appointments and ultimately letting go of my sweet little cocker spaniel, Kelly, on Thursday afternoon.

i’ve been writing down my food plan every day and managed to stay on track through it all this week. Yesterday I accomplished another freezer meal so that’s great! We will have the Alaskan clam chowder tonight and I will freeze the rest. I used rice milk in it and it taste just fine. I like a lighter clam chowder anyway.

We got quite a bit of snow in the last 24 hours. I think more than we’ve had all year. It’s chilly out and the car will take a little extra warming up this morning. Times like these I wish I had a garage. I’m off to work at the restaurant today and tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-12-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:52 AM   #37  

Good morning!
Lexxiss, I'm so sorry your Kelly had to go. Losing a pet is difficult. I'm sure she had a very good life with you. My sympathies go out to you.
The clam chowder sounds delicious. I love soup in the slow cooker, especially in cold weather. I'm trying a cabbage soup w cauliflower rice this weekend.
Beth, good luck at the robotics competition. Sounds fun!
The scale finally threw me a bone, down 1#. I was hoping for more, but will take it & keep at it. I'm ready to move to 1.5 Mon regardless of measly loss. I was reading loss can stall if you don't eat enough. I doubt that's my issue though. One can hope...lol.
Have a warm, safe weekend chicks✌
Old 01-12-2019, 10:44 AM   #38  

Good morning,

Well so far we have about 9 inches of snow and more to come. Some poor people got stuck overnight on the highways, was lucky all of my people were home and safe. I am sure there will be lots of sledding behind my house, I will have to watch from the windows. I managed day 2 of Phase 1 and was rewarded with the scale going down another lb. Don't think I will have any rapid weight loss due to water retention in the knee but I will take what i can.

Debbie so sorry to hear about Kelly so hard to do. You are doing great staying op through out issues

Beth good luck with the competition today

Cenari great to hear that your scale moved too slow but steady as she goes

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 01-12-2019 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:25 AM   #39  

Good morning chicks!
That's a lot of snow, Pearlrose! Maybe you'll be forced to stay put & baby that knee a bit.
We're covered in ice here. It is beautiful. So glad I don't have to go anywhere.
I think my daily check list is helping me stay the course, even if results have been slow. It reminds me of the Word game I play. They send daily challenges to complete & it's hard to resist checking them off. What personality type is that...lol...other than predictable?
Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday ✌
Old 01-14-2019, 11:10 AM   #40  

Good morning,

Back to normal weekday routine with a lot of snow on the ground. School did not cancel for today, lucky for me I am wfh today, tomorrow I am going in for full day of meetings and my follow up with ortho doc. Eating has still be phase 1 so I am down 4 lbs and holding, I will take since I am not doing any exercising at all.

Hope everyone is doing well, have a great day
Old 01-14-2019, 05:54 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I am "clean" today on my Phase I, I decided if I slipped to continue to go back to day I of the two week phase until I can get it right on 14 days in a row. I'm down 3 pounds in the last week! I'm logging in at myfitnesspal my eating, exercise and i'm aiming at cutting calories, going low carb and putting in 30-45 min a day of cardio for now, then after the first phase of the South Beach Diet, Ill start lifting weights again. I got depressed and stressed and put on a lot of weight in the past few years. I was kinda giving up but I am getting a momentum going here and I feel so much better. Rode my exercise bike 15 minutes this morning and will do another 15 minutes tonight - I do best when I split exercise up and do it at home. Thanks for letting me join in.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:56 PM   #42  

Hi Chicks!
Almost forgot to check-in today.
Good job staying op & getting results, Pearlrose!
More tomorrow ✌
Old 01-15-2019, 10:10 AM   #43  

Good morning chicks!
Congratulations, horsey! You are on a great path. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself if you slip, especially if you see results, like you are. Tracking has helped me a lot. I go back each week to tally my ✓s. I can always to better, but I see what I did do & the results. It still feels like some success, even when not perfect.
My scale is finally moving down again. I'm back to preholiday wt & ready to keep it going. After all my whining, I netted a 4# loss is less than 2wks. My biggest goal from Ph1 is always to get hunger & cravings in check, which it has. So, I happily moved into 1.5 yesterday & enjoyed a delicious lc tortilla w cheese & vegs for dinner.
Hope everyone's doing well & has a wonderful day✌
Old 01-15-2019, 03:48 PM   #44  

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon chicks.
Gave in to some emotional eating last night; I need to put together a week of P1 to get back on track since I never completely got back on the wagon after the holiday.

Cenari, awesome job. It is so gratifying to see the scale move down! I have to remind myself the weight gain wasn't overnight so slow and steady works best for taking it off. Not to mention it really needs to be a lifestyle that we can maintain forever.
horsey, way to go! I think we long-timers are here because we all encourage each other to stay the course.
Pearlrose, glad to hear the scale moved for you! Our long-range forecast has 2 big snow storms in it. I hope they are exaggerating the amount we get!
Debbie, hope things are going well.

I'm going to read for a bit and then go do my exercise.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:20 PM   #45  

Good evening,
News from the doc was not what I wanted to hear but I will deal, no scope for now as it might make matters worse. Have to be on crutches for 4 to 6 weeks and no more PT just do the strength non weight bearing exercises at home and maybe taking some water aerobics class which I will have to find around here. I have a 3 story house so this will be interesting but will use a cane for the stairs and crutches the rest of the time. I am determined to lose the rest of the weight I need to also take pressure off of my knees. For now will just concentrate on eating clean and some of the weight will come off just more slowly with no exercise.

Horsey I just go back to eating op if I miss up only way to keep going
Cenari you did go on Phase 1
Beth I did 5 days of Phase 1 but moved to Phase 1.5 today so I can stay the plan, I think I got sugar cravings under control now.

Have a great evening everyone