South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-01-2018, 08:45 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default September Daily Chat

I was going to let someone else start this but looks like I'm up first.

Rabbit, rabbit! It's a new month.

Here's to making it OP!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:02 AM   #2  

Good Saturday morning. I'm sipping coffee and relaxing for a few moments. Later DH and I will go look at ceiling fans at the home improvement store. Such an exciting life!

As I already said, my up and down weight was down a bit for August so I'm aiming for a couple more pounds this month. Going back to work makes it a little easier: more movement and less food around.

Debbie, safe travels!

Cenari, enjoy the family visit.

Rose, anything fun on the agenda today?

Happy 1st Saturday in September!
Old 09-01-2018, 09:20 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Here is to an op month for all of us. I am down a bit too for August so hoping for a few more in September as well. I have managed to catch my DD2 full blown cold, but will deal with it. Today DD1 is on her way here, we are going for pedi's this morning for the wedding next weekend. She has a wedding to go to here for a friend of hers. This afternoon I am supposed to take DD2 dress shopping for Homecoming. DS is coming over to help with some house projects (he works off his insurance payment by helping me with my projects, win win in my books). DH went to see a college football game with his friends.

Beth enjoy your day and hope you find something you like

Have a great weekend everyone
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 08:04 AM   #4  

Good morning!

Yesterday's trip to the store was successful in that we picked out fans but we also came home with a book of fabric samples for new window shades.

DH grilled steaks last night and we have burgers for tonight so no cooking for me; we are enjoying the last few days of summer. I need to get some groceries this morning, other than that I may start some flower bed clean up. I'm also trying to decide the when to pull out the rest of the cucumbers and zucchini.

Have a good day chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 09-03-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:05 PM   #5  

Good afternoon,

Well got most of my stuff accomplished but DS is not coming over til tomorrow. DD2 liked the dress DD1 wore to the wedding so that is going to be her homecoming dress, win win. I cleaned house this morning and me and DH are going to a baseball game this evening.

Beth DH grilling sounds good to me Have a great day
Old 09-03-2018, 12:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy Labor Day!
Any weekend with my precious DGD is a win & we get her 2 more weekends this month. Her final party gift was a 'big sister' shirt. So, now 2 grandbabies on the way. It was fun sharing the reveal w both grandmas there. The gender reveal was a surprise too, my SIL hit a golf ball that exploded w blue fog...boy!! It is amazing how early they find out now with a blood test.

I wasn't exactly op, tbh, but once again, back at it today. Actually, exercise will be my top priority this week. I'm still struggling to get into a routine.

Beth, what's with the 'rabbit, rabbit'...lol?
My DH grills a lot too. I usually do the prep & sides, so easy to keep dinner op.

Pearlrose, your kids sound awesome. Hope your cold is on the run.

Lexxiss, have you considered a personal organization blog? Like you'd have time for one more thing?...lol

Have a beautiful day, Chicks! ✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:43 PM   #7  

Good afternoon chicks.

(I thought I posted this morning but it must be I just stopped by and read the news)

We are under a heat advisory today. This has been an unusual summer for us; I remember heat waves but nothing so prolonged and extreme. The next 2 days are also going to be 90+ so starting school tomorrow will be uncomfortable since we don't have AC at school. I keep reminding myself that no matter what winter will come so I try not to complain about the heat. DH and I took a walk this morning and I spent a few minutes picking tomatoes and trimming stuff back a bit. Later this evening I have one perennial that needs to be finished up.

Cenari, what a wonderful weekend! Congrats on all the babies! The "rabbit, rabbit" is an British tradition; it is supposed to bring good luck. Our dear moderator (who passed away this spring) was Canadian and always posted the saying on the first of the month.

Rose, sharing a dress sounds like a good solution for both DDs. I remember when my sister and I shared clothes; now we are too far away from each other. How was the baseball game?

This evening I need to figure out my breakfast for the rest of the week. I'm not sure if I will make quiches or go with something else. I need to get some other things organized as well.

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Last edited by Beth19; 09-03-2018 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:16 PM   #8  

Good afternoon,

Getting ready to grill dinner yum, today has been a busy if lazy day. Started finishing up some stuff in the basement, did some laundry and did the weeding outside. Took DD2 and her friends to go dress shopping, one found one and we got a strapless bra for DD2 for her dress. This evening will be just relaxing at home.

Beth the game was actually really good it was minor league their last game of the season the kids got to tee pee the place after it was over and then they had fireworks. We are in the same heat wave here.

Cenari grandbabies how fun! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:48 AM   #9  

Good morning, Chicks!
No surprise, after 2wks stuck, my scale was up 2#s this morning 😭 That's how I gain & lose, 2-3#s at a time. I'm sure some is water, rings have been tight & I've been piling on the salt (my vice more than sugar). I'm def back to more serious planning. Yesterday was a lazy, eh effort, kind of day.
I'm going to exercise in short increments, 15mins,2-3x a day, stretching, cardio, toning or combos of. My biggest challenge is time to myself to do it. I have to make it happen. I should have known, I need exercise to lose & always have. Now my plan is more specific & on my daily schedule. No excuses. I'm giving myself the month. We have weekends & an eom vaca planned. If I'm still stalling, it will be gym time.

Beth, I'm so sorry to learn about the past moderator. She must have been inspiring for you all to keep this going.
Hope your day is off to a great start for the school year.

Hi, Pearlrose, Lexxiss & anyone else hanging about.

Have an amazing day & week, all! ✌

Last edited by Ceneri; 09-04-2018 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:02 PM   #10  

Good evening,

Long first day back at work, only two more days then off to Atlanta for my nieces wedding, will nice be seeing everyone...in the meantime watching Gordon as it makes landfall near my parents so hopefully will not impede their travel.

Debbie safe travels to Alaska

Cenari my scale is also up but I have noticed a trend the week after my time of the month the scale likes to go up so as long as I stay op it should go back down. I like to excercise makes me feel better, I am back to yoga this month with some walking thrown in each day.

Beth hope your first day back to school went well.

Have a great evening
Old 09-04-2018, 06:08 PM   #11  

Hey chicks.

Busy and HOT first day back. Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter but then we will be cooling off. I tried to drink lots of water and the day pretty much flew by. I took some chili out of the freezer for supper so that makes it easy.

Pearlrose, sounds like a nice week; short and with the wedding to look forward to!

Cenari and Rose, my scale has also been stuck. I am hoping getting back on a regular schedule will help with the food.

Have a good evening.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:32 AM   #12  

Good morning!
Yesterday was a good op day with exercise. Going for a repeat today.
Sounds like Sept is a busy month ahead for all of us.

Pearlrose, hope your family stays safe amid hurricanes & travel. I've been out of touch w my tom for years (long story), but I do remember & think there's still some hormone fluctuating going on, just not monthly...lol

Beth, glad your first day went fast. The heat sounds awful. I'm remembering restless sweaty kids as I type. I was the opposite with weight, lost every summer break & gained it back & more during the year. There were always snacks & treats around from well-meaning parents, co-workers & others.

Today I got a bunch of amazing tomatoes that will be gazpacho by dinnertime.

Have a great day, chicks✌
Old 09-05-2018, 04:53 PM   #13  

Hey chicks.

Today is a rerun of yesterday: hot and busy but at least it seems the weather will turn and be a bit more fall-ish now. Food has been good but I could not make myself exercise when I got home. I will plan for it the next few days.

Rose, hope you had a good day at work. I suspect you are planning and organizing for your trip! Hope your parents are safe from the storm.

Cenari, I teach HS science. What level did you work with? The kids were pretty good today considering. I didn't really push them too much and had a couple of demos in an effort to keep their attention.

Debbie, hope your trip is going well!

Have a good day!
Old 09-06-2018, 09:49 AM   #14  

Good morning,

Quick check in for me, busy day at work trying to get everything done prior to us leaving tomorrow and we are going to a concert tonight too Ed Sheeran. Scale is starting to move back down and still eating op. The hurricane did not touch my parents so was thankful for that that, now just looking into how much rain we will run into on the drive tomorrow. The are predicting lots of rain for our area here over the weekend.

Beth glad your first couple of days back at school are going well

Cenari love tomatoes

Debbie enjoy your trip

Have a great day everyone and I might not be checking in again until Monday.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:37 PM   #15  

Good evening, chicks.

Not much to report today; I am back in the grind of school. It makes the days very full, that's for sure! It was a bit cooler today but I am looking forward to a big cool off overnight. Then it's Friday and a couple of days off.

Food was good today. Today's exercise was some mowing with the push mower after school. Getting exercise actually doing a chore seems more productive than some other forms of exertion.

Pearlrose, hope you have a good trip! Enjoy the time with family.

Cenari and Debbie, hope things are going well.

Back tomorrow.