South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-10-2018, 11:28 AM   #31  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning from the beach!

We had a nice drive to the coast now I’m listening to the birds and seals while I enjoy coffee. We leave in 1/2 hour for breakfast and then I head straight to the airport. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get out ok. I got notification yesterday that flights out of SFO May be delayed due to smoke.

Jenne , welcome back! Sorry to hear your autoimmune has been kicking up but kudos for getting back on plan. Good luck with interviews today.

Guess I’d better get packed. Happy Friday!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:54 AM   #32  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks.

I've been to the grocery store and will soon make lunch. We had a bunch of thunderstorms roll through last night so the steaks didn't get grilled... we'll do them for dinner tonight.

Cenari, I pretty much live on what we call Phase 1.5; bread only occasionally and very little fruit, but I do drink wine and eat all the orange (starchy) veggies like sweet potatoes and squash. I tend to overdo both the "healthy" chips (like bean, whole grain or sweet potato) and the sweets; dark chocolate constantly calls my name so when I "buckle down" I give up the wine and chocolate and try to be very mindful of snacks.

Debbie, hope your flight goes smoothly with no major delay.

Jenne, good to see you back! Good luck at the interviews!

Have a good day, Rose.

Later chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 08-10-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:49 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday, all!

Hi Jenne, nice to meet you. I hope your health & job opportunities improve soon.
Beth, I think I'm still settling into 1.5 & imagine I might be here awhile, as well.
Lexxiss, coffee on the beach sounds lovely. Wishing you smooth & safe travels all the way.
Pearlrose, I hear you on the shoes. I use the Vionic inserts in flats too. We're opposite this week with exercise & eating...lol
I'm struggling a bit getting any energy back. Eating has been good & scale finally went down a pound. We have some planned celebration meals out this weekend, but I'm not too worried. There's nothing I'm craving or missing terribly. A cocktail or wine will be very limited. I'm just as happy with sparkling water lately.

Last edited by Ceneri; 08-10-2018 at 12:53 PM.
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:22 AM   #34  

Good morning, chicks!

Yesterday was very low-key; did a little gardening in the morning and finished reading a book in the afternoon. DH had grilled burgers along with the steaks on Friday night so I didn't even have to cook dinner.

Today I would like to go take a short hike somewhere. DH and I were looking around either for some new trails or a place we haven't gone for a while. I'm sure we will find something.

The scale has not moved the last few days but I will stick to the plan; I know eventually I will lose some more.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-12-2018, 09:04 AM   #35  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday was low key as well for me, DH and I went to the lake for lunch and he did a bit of fishing while I walked around. Today is another low key day, I do need to do a bit of cleaning around the house too.

Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:39 PM   #36  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hello everyone!

I made it back from California on time Friday night. Had to go right to the laundromat and clean and do quarters. Then back to the restaurant 5:30 AM on Saturday morning. I made it back from California on time Friday. Worked today and I have to open the restaurant again tomorrow. That’s OK. Kirk went to Glenwood this morning and will be back tomorrow.

i’m back to smoothies and healthy eating since I got back. The scale is already moving down for my five day vacation. We just ate three meals out wherever my brother wanted to go. I did notice this energy from smoothies so that’s a priority right now. I guess I will go out to the greenhouse and pick another giant cucumber. I’m sure there are lots of tomatoes, as well. I brought a bison patty home For dinner. With the cucumber and tomato salad. Sounds good!Laid-back sounds good for a weekend. I’m going to go relax.

See you all tomorrow!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-12-2018 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:24 AM   #37  

Welcome back Debbie. Glad you had a nice visit with your siblings and that you made it home without incident. We all know traveling is tough food-wise but it sounds like you have a plan for getting back at it.

I was very exited to see a little downward movement on the scale this morning. Why is it so easy to gain and so hard to lose? Anyway, I had been stuck for a few days and it's nice to see the number move. Yesterday ended up being a mowing day so maybe today will be a short trip for fun.

Have a good day all.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:42 PM   #38  

Hi Chicks!
The weekend was a little crazy busy, all good. It will be a few days before I step on the scale though.
Glad to read your updates & successes.
Have a beautiful Monday, all!
Old 08-14-2018, 11:57 AM   #39  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning!

Good to hear from everyone! I am back to pre-trip weight this morning. That makes me happy. For me, with all that's going on, if I can maintain I'm ok.

As I suspected, I have to work at the restaurant two more extra days this week-Wed. and Thurs. Since I'm now officially in the pre-Alaska countdown I have to make every day count. I've accomplished items on my to do list already and I'm now in the office for some paperwork. DH helped pull weeds in the yard this morning which was nice. Now to get some stuff accomplished inside. He just returned from his shop and is calling my name......guess I'd better go see what's going on.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:10 PM   #40  

Good afternoon, chicks!

I had to go to school for a bit this morning; soon it will be back to the routine. We have rain today so I need to think of some indoor chores to do. I think the choice is currently between closet cleaning and paperwork. And I will have to do some sort of inside exercise.

Debbie, it's nice to get back to your pre-trip weight, isn't it. When do you leave fro Alaska? You are driving up and leaving a vehicle there, right?

Cenari, glad the food is still OP for you.

Rose, hope you have a good day. Is DD back to school?

Have a good day!
Old 08-14-2018, 01:34 PM   #41  

Good afternoon,

Yesterday was such a busy day for me at work I totally forgot to check in here. Today is DD2 last day of summer break, she goes back tomorrow. I rescheduled our haircuts to tonight so we have to go to that, nothing else on the agenda other than work. Scale moved down a bit today, exercise is still good and I have not been snacking at night so that 's a small victory.

Debbie welcome back and way to get back on track.

Beth crazy how fast the summer goes by, I really need to declutter the house again but not motivated to do lol

Cenari glad your food is still op I seem to keep slipping need to kick my butt in gear

Welcome back Jenne glad you are doing well on Phase 1

Back to work, have a great afternoon everyone
Old 08-14-2018, 04:24 PM   #42  

Hi All!
Today's been much needed quiet, slow day for me. I tried the overnight oats this morning, really liked them & was not hungry all morning. I added chopped pecans & salt, I'm not much for sweets in the morning, luckily.
Take care, Chicks!

Last edited by Ceneri; 08-14-2018 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:12 AM   #43  

Good morning,

It's a rainy day today, luckily was able to walk the dog before it started this morning and then just did a work out inside. Today is wfh and my manager is on vacation this week so hopefully will be a quiet rest of the week.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:18 AM   #44  

Pearlrose, I'm glad you were able to get the dog's walk in before the rain and also that the scale moved for you. Mine moved the wrong direction but I think I am retaining water or something. I will stay OP and know it will move again.

Today is very muggy with storms coming later. I probably will end up exercising inside. I tackled some paperwork organization yesterday; I figure every bit helps. I just wish I could get DH excited about decluttering!

Cenari, glad you liked the overnight oats. I pretty much stick to eggs/quiches. During the school year I mostly make a batch of the spinach quiche for breakfast or a muffin recipe (almond flour) that I have.

Have a good day, everyone.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:02 AM   #45  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Back to the restaurant again this morning. It was super busy yesterday and we didn’t have a hostess/pastor but I was good and ordered a small meal to offset snacking. Dinner was healthy and on plan. Smoothie packed gotta rum have a great day everyone!