South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-18-2018, 10:07 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!
Great info, Beth. Thank you.
It's a beautiful day here in the mountains of WNC. I'm off to enjoy retired living, starting with a fresh haircut with another new stylist. I'll find the right one yet.
Something about healthy eating that makes me want to shed a lot of the old.
Peace, chicks✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:42 PM   #47  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Welcome, Ceneri! Glad you have joined us!

In Denver with my sis so just a quick hello! bbL

Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:18 AM   #48  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We are going to be a more moderate in the high 80s today. Last night I tried a chickpea pasta and it was very good. I made sure to measure it out so I only got 2 oz serving, it tasted to me like real pasta, will definitely use again.

Nothing on the agenda today, wfh, need to go get DD2 permit, she has been pushing off but needs before school starts as she will be driving the first semester.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #49  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks.

Busy day outside yesterday. Ended up picking 3 more quarts of blueberries (which I froze) and also blanching and freezing 4 big heads of broccoli. If only I could teach my plants to stagger their harvest! But I can't eat that much at one time.

Not really sure what is up today. I will take a walk soon but not sure what is after that. Somehow I seem to fill up the days! In the good weather there is always something to do outside.

Rose, we order that pasta in bulk from Amazon. We buy the kind that is made with chickpea as well as with lentils or black beans. They make all shapes (spaghetti, penne, lasagna) if you want to go that route. It works for us because DH likes it also.

Have a good day!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #50  

Good morning!
Thanks, Lexxiss!
I'm more Ph1.5 now than 1 & weight is just sticking w 1# down, then up, then down, for a few days. Not too worried. I lose like I gain, in chunks.
Weather's a little cool, 60s now, & cloudy here today. Good for walk around our small park lake. Last couple walks kicked my butt between inclines & heat & bad judgement ...lol.
The pasta sounds interesting, I will def try in ph2.
Peace, chicks
Old 07-19-2018, 02:47 PM   #51  

Hi - today is my first day, phase 1 -- so far so good. However, it has been a long day :-)

Last edited by Charlygirl; 07-19-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Charlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:50 AM   #52  

Good morning,

Almost did a 3 mile walk this morning, very nice outside, Looks to be a nice weekend in the mid 80's so we will enjoy it. I managed to do some weeding and cleaned the inside of my car last night. Not sure what is on the agenda this evening after work. Managed a day op yesterday though good carbs were a bit high (in other words too much).

Beth I did order it from Amazon they had a special on 5 box bundle glad I liked it lol.

Welcome Charlygirl and LeighD to the beach.

Ceneri now that you have moved to phase 1.5 you might notice where you will not lose for days to weeks and then will get a swoosh effect and lose 2 to 3 lbs at once, at least I have noticed a trend for myself and others who are on SB..

Debbie hope everything is going well.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 07-20-2018 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:55 AM   #53  

Good Fri morning to all!

Hi Charlygirl & welcome! I'm a newbie too, to 3FC, not SB. I lost a quick 6# the 1st week, now stuck, but confident #s will go down. I know we aren't supposed to count calories, but I use a food log that does & worry about metabolism if I go below 1000, so I went on to the 1.5.
Long day because of the diet or other?
Chicks here are very helpful & know all the best site info. Read lots & stay tuned.

Peace ✌
Old 07-20-2018, 08:59 AM   #54  

Good morning, chicks!

Just popping in for a quick hello. We are looking at another 90* + day so I am heading out in a minute for garden time before the heat builds. I think there are more blueberries to pick and I know there are more zucchini. I think I will grate some zucchini to bake with later this weekend. I did the "fried" zucchini rounds the other night for dinner; so tasty!

Welcome to Charlygirl! Good to have you with us!

BBL!

Last edited by Beth19; 07-20-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:33 AM   #55  

diet seemed to cause the long day lol but push thru and came out the other side LOL

thanks for the welcome - I'm happy to travel this road with you versus going it alone-- much needed support and I'm good at being your cheerleader as well
Charlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:06 AM   #56  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Welcome Charlygirl!

Thanks for the shoutout, Rose! I’ve been crazy busy then got wasp sting twice yesterday morning. One one ankle and other on back of calf same leg. We were going to travel over this morning to Glenwood for chiropractor appointment but after taking a rest yesterday I decided my leg was so irritated we might as well just get in the car and go. It provided a diversion. Dinner was not on plan. LOL. Back to basics today.

I work tomorrow at 530 am and we have yet to decide if we will go back later today or travel in the wee hours. I am soaking my ankle right now then we will go to the pool. Sister is here, too. Her bike group from Voulder is over for the weekend.

Have be a great day everyone-sorry no personals-operating off my phone this morning.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:08 AM   #57  

Good morning,

It looks like it shaping up to be a beautiful day today. Yesterday I got most of the house cleaned after work and did a grocery run after taking DD2 for her permit. We went into the country versus going to the city for the DMV, staff is much nicer and weight lines are much better, worth the extra 10 minute drive. Dinner last night was not op so back to it today.

Debbie oh no, I know how bad just one wasp sting is, hope it gets better soon.

Beth your garden sounds like it is definitely producing now, enjoy

Ceneri you don't need to log your food but I do because I like to keep my calories around 1200 and like to see percentage of fats, carbs and proteins, I use free app- Lose it -to track. I do better when I track otherwise my portions end up getting bigger and bigger. and I will start eating little bites of things. Keeps me accountable for I put in my mouth lol

Old 07-21-2018, 03:55 PM   #58  

Hi all!
I've been slow & lazy this quiet Saturday. I've been eating on plan, but did have too much wine last night. I realize that's def not on plan. That was the 1st alcohol since starting. I was hurting this morning & not pleased with myself. Normally, a few glasses of Pinot Grigio would not give me a hangover, but this is my new normal now. It was not worth it. It was the old, two glasses tasted & felt so good, I 'deserve' another for being good. Stupid! I hesitated to write, but that's the point of sharing, accountability, right?

Pearlrose, I use the LoseIt app too. I find it very useful to log & impressed my doc 2 yrs ago losing 20#s by watching calories & exercising. But, I started cheating & quit using it before reaching goal & gained some back. So, here I am. I knew my eating habits were out of control & had to get hunger & cravings in check. That lead me back to the Beach.
Sounds like a commercial..lol.

Last edited by Ceneri; 07-21-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:05 PM   #59  

Quiet and rainy morning here. DH is watching golf on TV and I've been doing some reading. If we have a little break in the rain later I will probably go out and see if there are berries that need to be picked.

Cenari, I feel your pain! I am a great one for having an OP breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner....and then blowing things up with sweets in the evening. Like you said, posting is supposed to help us stay accountable!

Have a good day, chicks.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:51 AM   #60  

Good morning,
Yesterday was much better. I did keep food on plan all weekend,even with takeout. I had a Greek salad w chicken, which was so good.
Scale is finally starting to move again, only a #, but it's down. I think I'll stay on 1.5 for a bit. I haven't added any good carbs yet, but know I have to. I'm not sure what to start with, because I haven't been missing anything. I'm sure I'll think of something. I do know it will be with dinner first.
Reading info here has been very helpful, especially FAQ.
Planning with a caterer today for an event next month. I have to remember not everyone's on SB...lol

Beth, oh, nighttime sweets, that is a temptation. My trouble spot is an afternoon salty snack, that would easily become grazing until dinner. I've been planning a veg appetizer most days or like last night a few shrimp, which seems to help. We eat dinner later a lot.
Have a beautiful day, all!

Last edited by Ceneri; 07-23-2018 at 08:09 AM.