South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-14-2018, 09:45 AM   #31  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It's going to be another hot day 95 without heat index so not sure what it will feel like and we have a work picnic to go to and baseball game as well. Getting ready to leave in a few minutes. Yesterday's food choices were op but too big of portion, going to try to do better today.

Debbie that is quite the drive, I thought the drive from Illinois to California was long- we broke into 3 days. Hope you get your passport in time.

Beth that is exciting news to start looking at property.

Have a great day everyone!

Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:40 AM   #32  

Good morning,

Was definitely hot at the event yesterday then we got rained on after 1st inning, we stayed for the rain delay but when it started thundering again after the 4th inning we left. DD1 came with us to the game and is staying with us this weekend while she is working her old EMS job in town, nice visit. Food was not on plan yesterday at all so back to it today.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!
Old 07-16-2018, 09:23 AM   #33  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

A quick hello before I dive into some paperwork this morning. Sorry I didn’t manage to get here this weekend. Super busy at the restaurant and duties at the laundromat, as well. I went down and closed the laundromat door at 10 PM and did a little bit of cleaning. In exchange hubby went down this morning and finished and I got to sleep in. That was nice.

A quick hello before I dive into some paperwork this morning. Sorry I didn’t manage to get here this weekend. Super busy at the restaurant and duties at the laundromat, as well. I went down and closed the laundromat door at 10 PM and did a little bit of cleaning. In exchange I’ll be one down this morning and finished and I got to sleep in. That was nice. Food is on plan. I really resistant an food is on plan. I really resisted to eating something bad last night. I was able to identify it as comforting and I didn’t need that. I had a bowl of whole-grain cereal instead. It scratched the itch in a healthy way.

I may try to reset my password for the site on my computer this morning. It doesn’t have me logged in so I can read but not write
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:41 PM   #34  

Good morning,

Late check in for me, went for a walk outside this morning but it was foggy and humid so was drenched by the time I got back. DD2 left this morning to go back home, we will see here again for her Birthday on the 23rd. DH wants to go see a parade for the county fair, depends on what the weather is like. Eating is much better today, I think the stress of work issues got to me and didn't make good choices so of course the scale is up, so far today has been good now just to keep it up this evening.

Debbie glad that Kirk is helping out with the laundromat so you could sleep in. Way to resist temptation, I knew what I was eating was comfort food and did it anyways

Have a great afternoon everyone!
Old 07-16-2018, 04:31 PM   #35  

Height: 5' 5"

Hi chicks.

I'm back from a trip to see DS1 this weekend. He moved to a different apartment at the first of the month and we went to help him finish up with unpacking and getting organized. We also were able to visit my parents and sister who live in the same town. Food was mixed with off plan dinners both nights so tomorrow I know the scale will be up and I will plan on a week of P1. The garden is full of cucumbers, zucchini and broccoli that need picking so that will help, not to mention the next couple of days are going to be cooler so I may actually feel like cooking. lol

Rose, sounds like an eventful weekend. How nice that DD1 could come visit.

Debbie, great job on resisting the food temptations! I am going to try very hard NOT to bring any of my comfort foods home from the store for the foreseeable future.

Have a good evening, chicks. I need to go water the veggies!
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:02 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 194/170/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Good morning

I just registered this morning after finding this site & wanted to say hi. I've been looking for someplace online like this, since basically posting to myself in an enote everyday on SBph1.
I'm 9 days in & 6#s down!
More to catch up & lots to read here I see.
Thanks so much for your site! Peace✌
Ceneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:40 AM   #37  

Good morning, chicks.

It's back to P1 (plus a few berries) today. I was pleasantly surprised that this morning I weighed the same amount as the morning I left to go out of town. Must be I made a few good choices while on the road. But I need to get my indulgences in check so it's back to stricter food choices.

Today I need to drop off my car for some work and then probably do yard work. We had storms overnight so once it is dry I will pick and freeze blueberries. I might also make some NS jam, I just need to figure out if I want to take the easy way out and do freezer jam or cooked jam.

Welcome to Ceneri! We are a group whose numbers ebb and flow but there is a core here that find posting daily help us stay on track. Feel free to ask questions, post your menu or just chat. (We do more chatting than food talk most days)

Have a good day!
Old 07-17-2018, 03:46 PM   #38  

Thanks, Beth. Your chat sounds great to me.
I guess I'm on old SB1. The new was overwhelming & commercial to me at first. I see the validity the more I read, but I'm already 9 days in, so I think I'll stay the course & may do the ph2wk1 next week before leaping into 2.
A site like this helped me quit smoking for good 7 yrs ago & topics we're all over the place.
Fresh blueberries sound amazing! Enjoy!
Old 07-17-2018, 04:40 PM   #39  

Good afternoon,

Busy day at work, just finishing up a few things and will be done for today. Managed a full day op yesterday and so far today is good. Scale already moved back down quite a bit, so some was just water retention. Nothing on the agenda for this evening.

Beth yum fresh blueberries sound great, I have some strawberries in the fridge now, might have some tomorrow.

Welcome Ceneri, since you are doing SB old way you will like the recipe section of this website- lots of good ideas for each phase for both entrees and snacks and such. I have used quite a few of the recipes. The only thing I will suggest is when you are ready to move into Phase 2, I would do what we like to call Phase 1.5 and slowly ease back in the grains and fruits you are allowed to see how your body reacts. I think most of us fluctuate between Phase 1, 1.5 and 2 and sometime 3 depending on what is going on. If I stray to far, I switch to Phase 1 to get cravings until control and when I am actively trying to lose weight try to keep to a Phase 1.5. For me, if I add to many grains and fruits, I will stall, which is okay if your maintaining.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:43 PM   #40  

Thanks, Pearlrose! Great advice. I think I am carb sensitive. It doesn't take much to get my hunger & cravings going, causing my past downfalls. I plan to add carbs back slowly later in the day & watch for triggers. If I start w breakfast & hit a trigger I'll be hungry all day. Right now I'm full easy & only get mildly hungry & like it that way.
I could read recipes all day, too. I'm using a cauliflower one tonight w froz cauliflower rice, most amazing stuff ever!
Old 07-17-2018, 10:32 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 82.7/82.7/65

Height: 169

G'Day from Downunder. It's Wednesday morning here now.

Starting to get into my groove a bit. I've been waiting for me new SB book to arrive from Amazon - has to come all the way from the USA because no-one stocks it here in Aus which I find strange

Anyway I think I've been easing in - a bit like Ceneri I'm following original principles at the moment till I can read my new book. BUT....and this is a big BUT.... I have still been drinking wine. I have to smackdown on my evening red asap if I want the first couple of weeks to be done properly. So now that I have avoided carbs since last week I am starting to overcome those horrible carb cravings and not as hungry either.

Made an awesome soup on Monday night from original Phase One recipes I saved (Chipotle Chicken and Chickpea - man was it good).

Anyway it's lovely to hear how all your days are going.

Today I am working from home (I do on a Wednesday and it's the only thing that keeps me sane in my job). My boyfriend (well he's a grown man but I don't know what else to call him as "partner" always sounds a bit weird to me) is trying to get a new business up and running and the kids are on school holidays. So it's all happening here.
LeighD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:36 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 82.7/82.7/65

Height: 169

As a matter of interest - what are the fundamental differences between "old SB" and "new SB"?
LeighD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:15 PM   #43  

Hi LeighD!
There's loads of SB info online. The Palm website has all the latest. I panicked a bit at first, thinking, oh no! I'm doing it wrong. But, hey, it's working. The new has a 1 wk phase 1, then the 2nd is a sort of transition to phase 2. Some foods are ok that weren't before. That's what I found so far. They also offer a lot of packaged meals to buy & encourage exercise (I didn't realize they hadn't before). Weight loss always requires exercise, right?
I get the wine. In the past I never made it through the 1st week without imbiding, but not this time. So far, I haven't missed it.
I'm sure others here will offer more insight.
Keep checking back!✌

Last edited by Ceneri; 07-17-2018 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:27 PM   #44  

Can't post the URL, but search The Palm South Beach Diet will get you there.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:47 AM   #45  

Good morning, chicks.

The others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the exercise during P1 is one difference and the other thing is the food list changed a little. Leigh and Ceneri, have you checked the food lists? I think the dairy and legumes allotment changed, highlighted in green here.

https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd...ay-2008-a.html

You can find the P2 list under the FAQ section, along with LOTS of great information about getting started and transitioning to P2.

Today is going to be cooler so I plan to be out in the garden quite a bit. There is weeding and pruning to do plus harvesting. I picked 4 quarts of blueberries yesterday and only covered 3 of the 6 bushes! Then it will be freeze and make some jam. I think tonight I will make zucchini with the parm cheese coating for dinner.

Have a good day!

Last edited by Beth19; 07-18-2018 at 07:49 AM.