South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-07-2018, 09:31 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We have a break in the heat wave as well and are only in the mid 80s for the weekend, I need to get weeding done today, and clean house as well. DD2 birthday is tomorrow and she wants to have friends come over and sleep over so planning that out as well.

Beth glad your heat wave is over as well, makes a huge difference on what you can do outside

Debbie glad Kirk is back home, sounds like your sister has a nice garden you get to enjoy.

Have a great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:03 AM   #17  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

Rose, happy Birthday to your DD! Party will be fun! Glad you have had a break in the weather.

me, slept last night just got home from the Mat now heading to restaurant. OP food yesterday. Feeling good!

Have a great day!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:37 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning.
Not much going on here today; just summer vacay! I have been getting in my walks, gardening and not too much else! Actually yesterday I cleaned the house so I feel good about that. Not sure what is on today's agenda other than I need to water the veggies since we haven't had rain. I picked my first 2 cucumbers yesterday! Woohoo

Food is so-so. For the umpteenth time I am telling myself I need to be OP the WHOLE day, not just 3/4. I seem to often lose it in the evening. Also I need to get DH to buy into the idea that we can have his favorite treats in the house but not mine...

Debbie, have a good day at the restaurant. Glad Kirk got home safely.
Rose, hope the birthday girl had a good time!

Happy Sunday.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:18 AM   #19  

Good morning,

Getting ready to head into work for a couple of meetings. I got the weeding accomplished on Saturday took about 3 hours to get done it was so bad, but glad I did because it is back to being humid and sticky outside. Yesterday was a great day for DD2 she had a lot of fun and a couple of the girls stayed over so they are all asleep in the living room as we speak.

Beth I know what you mean about 3/4 of the day being op and the evenings have been my downfall as well so need to get that in control.

Debbie glad you were able to get some rest this weekend.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:48 AM   #20  

Good morning.

DH has a dentist appointment this morning so I will do my exercise tape right away while he is gone. I got the house cleaned this weekend but need to do some laundry and there is always stuff to do outside. Right now the early season flowers are dying back while the next round come so there is lots of dead-heading to do in addition to the weeding. I also need to pick up a few things at the grocery store.

Have a good day, chicks. Here's to staying OP!
Old 07-10-2018, 08:17 AM   #21  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

Just got home from the laundromat. We kind of took yesterday off other than our laundry bag claim. Don’t know if I feel rested or not yet. LOL

my girlfriend and I are going to try to actually finish the mobile home today. I think the guy has already moved his bed in. Some electrical work, clean out refrigerator, and install a range hood. Hopefully that’s it. I’m sick of that place. The new tenant is actually the son of our longest tenant who lives next door. He has been living with her for years.

yesterday on plan. I’m having to force myself to take the time to make a salad with meals but I am doing it. Love to eat it just lazy with making it right now. Oh well.

Time to head out to Home Depot for the final supplies. I hope. Have a great day!
Old 07-10-2018, 08:28 AM   #22  

Good morning,

Went for a walk outside this morning, still a bit humid but it was bearable. I managed to do an entire day of OP eating yesterday and going for day 2, figured it's best to take it one day at a time. Nothing on the agenda this evening, though I do need to take DD2 to get her driving permit.

Beth I still need to clean house but figure I can do that tonight. Enjoy your flowers.

Debbie glad you are almost done with the rental project that will be a break for you.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:12 AM   #23  

Good morning, made it another day of op eating let's go for day 3. The weather is warming up which is wanting to keep me inside lol. I am wfh today but have multiple conference call meetings all day., hopefully the day will pass by quickly. Nothing on the agenda this evening.

Have a great day
Old 07-11-2018, 09:59 AM   #24  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning!

I am sitting in the car waiting for recycling station to open. I am committed to recycling all those big plastic soap jugs that get left at the laundromat. It is a car full almost once a week right now. We did finish the Rental project yesterday. We got everything shoved in the vehicle, all our tools and extra supplies. Kirk helped me unload this morning I still have a few things to put away. It was nice to sleep in a bit. We didn’t have to go to the laundromat so I got up early and just drink coffee outside. Still lots on my plate right now. I will still go by there one day at a time plan.

Rose, great job on your food plan! Monday we were in the house doing nothing because it was too hot outside. I need to remember that when it’s freezing cold in the winter. LOL. I hope all your conference calls go well in the day passes quickly!

My food has been good. The scale is not moving but that’s OK. I’ve done this long enough that right to eating is it’s own reward. Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-12-2018, 10:11 AM   #25  

Good morning.

Not much to report here. I'm enjoying my month off. There's always stuff to do in the garden, I've been keeping up with my exercise and even read a novel this week. I picked the first quart of blueberries; I might hop over to Kalyn's site and look for a dessert recipe.....Once I am able to pick more I might make a batch of LS jam.

Rose, hope you have a good day.
Debbie, it's great that your rental project is done.

Have a good day.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:01 PM   #26  

Good afternoon,

Yesterday at work turned into a crappy day, a bit over 100 staff were let go in first rounds of restructuring our department. I think everyone was shell shocked as in the entire 14 years I have worked there, no one in IT were laid off just done through attrition if needed. This morning there was a meeting to discuss and tomorrow there is another meeting scheduled. I feel so bad for those let go and at the same time happy that it wasn't me. I still managed a day op and so far today as been going good. DD2 has guard practice this evening, nothing else going on.

Debbie sounds like you have a plan for recycling which is great.

Beth I would be enjoying mine time off too if I was you

Have a great evening.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:17 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 82.7/82.7/65

Height: 169

Hi there - Leigh from Sydney Australia here. Mom of two gorgeous girls. Late 40's which technically is now late 30's right?

Day One on the Beach (on the beach in the middle of our winter!).

Started on a Friday as Monday's just suck for me to start things. My carb consumption has been insane over the last few months, so reverting to a way of life that worked for me some years back (even though keto etc is all the rage now, it just seems unsustainable for me).

As an FYI winter in Sydney is almost a non-event. It's sunny, not too cold (although everyone is complaining) and it only last about a month. As a very beach oriented country I have a mission to feel comfortable in my swimming costume in the Summer (and yes, that's what we call a swimsuit - my American family always laughs at me).

Looking forward to getting to know you all.
LeighD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:34 AM   #28  

Good morning,

It's started out as beautiful morning so went for a walk outside instead of doing a video workout. Upped my mileage a bit as well . Despite issues at work still op and the scale moved down again so here is to another day op. Nothing on the agenda this evening.

Welcome to the Beach Leigh, I have 3 children 1 son and 2 girls but only the youngest is still living at home and she will be a sophomore in High School next month. I really have to watch my carbs and sugar because once I start eating them it just cascades until that is all I eat and I feel so much better when I am eating on plan, energy and bodywise.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:10 AM   #29  

Good morning.

We also have a beautiful day here. Soon DH and I will take a walk. Later we are going to go look at a piece of property. We are starting to think about our retirement plans and have NO IDEA exactly where we want to be. There are so many beautiful places near us, with the mountains and water, that we decided to just jump in and start looking.

Food has been so-so. I found a recipe for blueberry crisp on a low-carb site that used almond flour, coconut flour and an egg for the topping and sweetener of choice (I used a little splenda). I didn't have coconut flour so I subbed in a handful of oatmeal. It was very tasty but I will probably not make it again since I was tempted to eat the whole pan! I picked 2 more quarts of berries yesterday and they will probably go into the freezer.

Welcome, Leigh! I have 2 boys in their mid-twenties; The younger one just graduated from college and started his real job this week. I'm like Pearlrose, I can eat eggs/veggies for breakfast, salad for lunch and then lose it in the evening. I'm a teacher on summer vacation so this month is a struggle to keep my food in check!

Rose, what a stressful workweek! I've been in that type of situation before. Good job keeping your food OP.

Debbie,hope you have a productive day.

Have a good day!

Last edited by Beth19; 07-13-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:03 PM   #30  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning! ( i’m just sneaking in )

Leigh, excited that you’re jumping in with us here. It has just been the three of us since our beloved moderator passed on several months ago. We miss her lots but decided we were committed to the daily check-in. As I mentioned, it helps me so much. It’s neat you can start back with your food plan during the winter months. Stick with it and you will be Rewarded by the time it is swimsuit season.

It’s been busy here. I had a property closing this morning, yay!, Got the door fixed at the laundromat and went up and welcomed the new tenant to his little trailer which he is thrilled with! All three things are a big relief for me! Yes, at this point I might even say a great joy! I still have a trip to Denver. I need to get a passport photo and get that paperwork in the mail. I’ve been so busy I don’t think I have mentioned that my girlfriend and I are going to drive our Chevy sonic up to Alaska leaving here the Sunday evening of memorial day weekend. Blue car is going to stay up there as our truck is shot and I will buy a new vehicle for down here. The glitch would be if my passport was not back so I will push on and get that resolved today. It’s a 3300 mile drive which I have done once in its entire a T, year I originally moved up which I think was 1982. I’m excited but it will be a long haul. Other than that back to the restaurant tomorrow for two days then continue on with the many projects.

ok-had to go-flood at laundromat now I have to get going to Denver

Rose, so sorry to hear of the layoffs. What a tough week

Beth, fun to think about retirement!

Food choices have been good! Happy with the scale!